02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi Ana_D and mightyonewheel - your timelines are similar and both well ahead of me. I recently got married in São Paulo and our application was received by CIC Feb 9 2016. I'm still waiting AOR1 - I've heard great things about the VO in Brazil and we are fortunate they are far more efficient processing applications then most countries.

We all learn to be patient thruout this process - I'll let you know when I hear anything. All the best to both of you.

By the way, I need to work on my Portuguese too - I'm learning slowly.

Obrigado

John
Oi John, muito prazer. :)

It looks like you are well on your way. You will likely have to wait 60-ish days for AOR1, but AOR2 should follow quickly after that. I really don't know what the wait times out of SP will be like now. Last year, CIC was reporting 5 months, which is very fast. And a Brazilian immigration consultant told me that her applications were reaching decisions even faster than that. So, we'll see.

I'll certainly let you guys know what happens on my end.

Is your spouse still in Brazil?

Parabéns pela união e boa sorte!

Chris

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:

It looks like you are well on your way. You will likely have to wait 60-ish days for AOR1, but AOR2 should follow quickly after that. I really don't know what the wait times out of SP will be like now. Last year, CIC was reporting 5 months, which is very fast. And a Brazilian immigration consultant told me that her applications were reaching decisions even faster than that. So, we'll see.

Chris
Yes my spouse is still in Brazil. I'm actually flying out tomorrow night to see her for 2 weeks. She's in São Paulo right now - she's actually living with her niece in Itaquera which isn't the greatest of areas - we will be staying in São Paulo while I'm there. We have learned to be patient understanding the present situation is only temporary. Yes keep me posted if you hear anything Chris.

Cheers from Toronto, Obrigado
John

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Hey everyone,

My husband and I sent our application to Ontario in September. They received it September 10, 2015. I was approved to be his sponsor in October. Our application was sent to Sao Paulo received on November 27, 2015 for processing.

My husband is now living in Sao Paulo waiting patiently. I really dislike how we get no information on the status of our application. Our ECAS has had "Medical Results Received" since they got the full application.

It will be four months of processing in Sao Paulo come March 27, 2016. I hope we hear something soon. It is nice to hear others waiting to hear from the same VO!

Good luck everyone! :)

lzagst

Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

So glad to find people waiting to hear from the Visa Office in Sao Paulo. My wife and I sent our application on Dec 9, 2015. They got in on Dec 10. They started processing it in Sao Paulo in February 15, 2016. She is a Canadian citizen and it is sponsoring me. Right now I am in Canada under my visitor visa. On our process we also got the "Medical Results Received" line.

We are super anxious to get our PR since we have been in a long distance relationship for the past year as I was finishing my studies in Brazil.
Hopefully soon we can all celebrate! :)

Good luck guys!

Canadianinbrazil

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016 AOR2 22-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
17-10-16
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-16
LANDED..........
15-11-16
Yay another Sao Paulo thread!

I am a Canadian sponsoring my Brazilian husband. We are currently living in Campinas with his family until my husband gets his PR. We have been here since August at this point (I was getting my PR here as well and we waited a while to file the app so I could travel and get to know my in laws). I began learning Portuguese when I moved here, and it is coming along (the grammar is difficult to say the least haha).

My timeline: App received - March 4th, 2016
AOR1 received - March 30th, 2016
They began processing my application according to the website (was able to log in a few days after I received AOR1). Now I am awaiting SA which I hope arrives this week.

Really hopeful that everything goes quickly from here. We want to be back in Canada by the summer/fall, and I hope that's not just wishful thinking!

Hope we all get good news soon :)

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Confuzzeled23 said:
Hey everyone,

My husband and I sent our application to Ontario in September. They received it September 10, 2015. I was approved to be his sponsor in October. Our application was sent to Sao Paulo received on November 27, 2015 for processing.

My husband is now living in Sao Paulo waiting patiently. I really dislike how we get no information on the status of our application. Our ECAS has had "Medical Results Received" since they got the full application.

It will be four months of processing in Sao Paulo come March 27, 2016. I hope we hear something soon. It is nice to hear others waiting to hear from the same VO!

Well I certainly hope you receive some sort of news soon. My understanding was that the São Paulo office was rather efficient in processing - they just started processing ours March 30 2016. I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who lives in São Paulo.

Perhaps you can order your ECAS notes - that would give you more detail as far as where you are in your application stage - getting to view VO notes etc might be helpful.

All the best to both of you - keep us posted of any new developments.

Good luck everyone! :)

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Canadianinbrazil said:
Yay another Sao Paulo thread!

I am a Canadian sponsoring my Brazilian husband. We are currently living in Campinas with his family until my husband gets his PR. We have been here since August at this point (I was getting my PR here as well and we waited a while to file the app so I could travel and get to know my in laws). I began learning Portuguese when I moved here, and it is coming along (the grammar is difficult to say the least haha).

My timeline: App received - March 4th, 2016
AOR1 received - March 30th, 2016
They began processing my application according to the website (was able to log in a few days after I received AOR1). Now I am awaiting SA which I hope arrives this week.

Really hopeful that everything goes quickly from here. We want to be back in Canada by the summer/fall, and I hope that's not just wishful thinking!

Hope we all get good news soon :)

I'd be surprised us you don't get SA by tomorrow or early next week at the very latest. We are all in this together .... Good luck :)

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
lzagst said:
Hello everyone,

So glad to find people waiting to hear from the Visa Office in Sao Paulo. My wife and I sent our application on Dec 9, 2015. They got in on Dec 10. They started processing it in Sao Paulo in February 15, 2016. She is a Canadian citizen and it is sponsoring me. Right now I am in Canada under my visitor visa. On our process we also got the "Medical Results Received" line.

We are super anxious to get our PR since we have been in a long distance relationship for the past year as I was finishing my studies in Brazil.
Hopefully soon we can all celebrate! :)

Good luck guys!
Great to see more people connected thru the São Paulo office. Well I hope you file is processed quickly without any delays. Our file was sent to sau Paulo on March 21 2016 so we are in the very early stages there. Let us know if you hear anything back from your VO or any updated you may have.

We will do the same ..... Good luck

John
Toronto, canada

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:

Chris
Hi Chris - hope your well. Just keeping in touch - we haven't heard anything from our VO in São Paulo yet - mind you they only received our file March 21 2016. We did have a third line added on ECAS which states they started processing our application March 30 2016. Any news with you?

Let you know if there are any changes on our end..

Cheers,
John

lzagst

Mar 2, 2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Great to see more people connected thru the São Paulo office. Well I hope you file is processed quickly without any delays. Our file was sent to sau Paulo on March 21 2016 so we are in the very early stages there. Let us know if you hear anything back from your VO or any updated you may have.

We will do the same ..... Good luck

John
Toronto, canada
Hey John,

I will definitely update you when I hear any news. They haven't contacted me yet for anything. No request for documents whatsoever. I am gonna request the GCMS notes this week as I think the feedback will give me more information now than it would before.

Fingers crossed and good luck for you too.

Luiza

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi Chris - hope your well. Just keeping in touch - we haven't heard anything from our VO in São Paulo yet - mind you they only received our file March 21 2016. We did have a third line added on ECAS which states they started processing our application March 30 2016. Any news with you?

Let you know if there are any changes on our end..

Cheers,
John
Oi, tudo bem?

Thanks for checking in. I haven't heard anything about the application from the VO in São Paulo yet. Another poster here submitted in September and hasn't heard anything yet, either. I'm not concerned. When CIC last reported turnaround times for this office, the time was 5 months (after sponsorship approval). So, the poster I mentioned above has another month before that 5-month estimate is exceeded. He is the bellweather so hopefully he keeps us updated.

I did receive one email communication from the VO office in São Paulo. They replied to an email I sent some time ago. We were having some trouble obtaining my wife's police certificate from China, where she lived for three years. We finally obtained the certificate and wanted to know where to send it. The email basically said I could scan it and email it back. It wasn't a big deal, but it was nice to get verification that they're alive and breathing down there.

Unfortunately, I think it's all about waiting for us now. Let's keep in touch! If I receive any news about our situation, I'll let you know right away.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
lzagst said:
Hey John,

I will definitely update you when I hear any news. They haven't contacted me yet for anything. No request for documents whatsoever. I am gonna request the GCMS notes this week as I think the feedback will give me more information now than it would before.

Fingers crossed and good luck for you too.

Luiza
Hey Luiza,

You might remember my application dates are exactly the same as yours. I haven't heard anything either, except they did reply to my email asking where I should send my police certificate. It's a little early for us, I think. I'm not concerned about the silence at all.

However, can you let us know about the results of your GCMS notes? It will give us an indication of what's going on down there. (For me, the hard part is not hearing anything...)

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
Oi, tudo bem?

Thanks for checking in. I haven't heard anything about the application from the VO in São Paulo yet. Another poster here submitted in September and hasn't heard anything yet, either. I'm not concerned. When CIC last reported turnaround times for this office, the time was 5 months (after sponsorship approval). So, the poster I mentioned above has another month before that 5-month estimate is exceeded. He is the bellweather so hopefully he keeps us updated.

I did receive one email communication from the VO office in São Paulo. They replied to an email I sent some time ago. We were having some trouble obtaining my wife's police certificate from China, where she lived for three years. We finally obtained the certificate and wanted to know where to send it. The email basically said I could scan it and email it back. It wasn't a big deal, but it was nice to get verification that they're alive and breathing down there.

Unfortunately, I think it's all about waiting for us now. Let's keep in touch! If I receive any news about our situation, I'll let you know right away.
Hi there,

I am believe I am the bellwether you speak of. I sent an email in early March looking for more information as when we submitted in September the wait time was 5 months and now with the processing changes the website says a general 17 months. They replied 2 weeks later with "we are confirming you are in process, do not respond to this email". So that 2 week wait period got us absolutely no where.

Therefore, on April 7 I put in a request for our notes on the file. Hopefully almost 5 months in it will tell us some information about what is going on with our file. I am hoping for some sign that it will be soon. As April 27 will be 5 months of processing time in Sao Paulo.

I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Good luck all!

Chris C.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Confuzzeled23 said:
Hi there,

I am believe I am the bellwether you speak of. I sent an email in early March looking for more information as when we submitted in September the wait time was 5 months and now with the processing changes the website says a general 17 months. They replied 2 weeks later with "we are confirming you are in process, do not respond to this email". So that 2 week wait period got us absolutely no where.

Therefore, on April 7 I put in a request for our notes on the file. Hopefully almost 5 months in it will tell us some information about what is going on with our file. I am hoping for some sign that it will be soon. As April 27 will be 5 months of processing time in Sao Paulo.

I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Good luck all!

Chris C.
Hi Chris C,

Yes, you were the "bellweather" I was referring to. (I didn't want to name you in the forum without your permission.)

I think the 5-month processing time estimate for the Sao Paulo VO was an estimate for the principal application. If I remember correctly, it did not include sponsor processing time. So, until the end of April, you're still within the processing time they were estimating late last year. It's also possible that processing times in the Sao Paulo VO are a little longer than they used to be -- the thrashing of the Brazilian economy may have led to a increase in student/visitor/worker visa applications. I suspect a decision will be coming pretty soon for you.

Let us know what happens with the notes. It would be interesting to know what's going on down there. (The total lack of information can be a challenge.)

Take care and good luck.

Chris H.

AnaGui

Jun 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just to help everyone out. I landed in Canada in April 6, 2016 and below is my timeline for the outland sponsorship application from Sao Paulo VO:

- Application received in Mississauga: June 15, 2015

- AOR 1: July 18, 2015

- Sponsorship Approval: Aug 24, 2015

- AOR 2: Aug 27, 2015

- Passport requested: March 22, 2016 (waived interview)

- COPR and visa received: April 6, 2016

- Landed: April 6, 2016

When we applied in June 2015 CIC's website was showing an average of 5 months to process the PA application at Sao Paulo VO.

My whole process took almost 10 months, without much feedback from Immigration. I used to communicate with the Sao Paulo VO through emails to spaloimmigration@international.gc.ca and most of the time they answered me.

I met a person that applied in the same day as me and got his PR two months before me.

I asked for my GCMS notes once, in Feb 4 2016 and I received it one month later. We did not find any red flags in the notes, so we have no idea why our process took longer than the other person we know applied in the same day. Also I heard from an immigration consultant that they do not like when applicants ask for the notes, I am not sure if this is true but after that I did not ask for notes anymore, and 45 days later I received the email requesting the passport.

I hope this can be helpful and wish you all the best of luck in your process!! :)

Abraços,

Ana