Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
I'm Brazilian and I've been waiting for my application since August 2011... I sent it INLAND and I feel so stupid! I hope they don't take forever to process it... I also sent it to Buffalo as I've been living in Canada for more than a year, even before I sent the application... Did I make a huge mistake? It's been so boring to wait all this time at home. I hope it doesn't take 2 years for them to process my application...

Mlle_81

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What wonderful news ccbrasil! :D
I'm really happy for you!!

Cililoca, about the process done within Canada is normal to have this delay.
It's a long wait, but the positive side is to be close to your love.
Think positive!!

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
shiftpro said:
Congrats Leroadunner!!
And the rest hang in there it won't be long now...
And congrats to ccbrasil too! We have almost identical timelines!

Quick question shiftpro, how long did it take for the consulate to mail back the passport? This is the last step that we are waiting for now. We wont book plane tickets until she gets the passport back, but would just like to get an idea.

Thanks!

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Mlle_81 said:
What wonderful news ccbrasil! :D
I'm really happy for you!!

Cililoca, about the process done within Canada is normal to have this delay.
It's a long wait, but the positive side is to be close to your love.
Think positive!!
Hey, Mlle_81, I saw you on the November 2011 thread and I guess we have similar timelines... to a certain extent. I filed my application early November, but it got lost (yes, lost! :() for more than 4 months in the CIC. My sponsorship approval only came on the 6th of March and I stil haven't heard from the SP VO. Have you received your visa yet? If yes, how long did it take between the transfer and the visa?

Thanks!

Mlle_81

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello agga,

I'm still waiting a request from São Paulo.
No contacts, e-mails or letter.

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Mlle_81 said:
Hello agga,

I'm still waiting a request from São Paulo.
No contacts, e-mails or letter.
Oh :(

Thanks for answering!

So if your stuff got there before mine and you still haven't heard from them, then my wait is going to be much longer than I thought. I was hopeful I could receive it by the end of this month (I know, I'm dreaming).

Let's keep each other posted!

I'm starting to think that I would have been better off applying on my own than through sponsorship.

Mar 3, 2012
I sent my documents in November and got my sponsorship request approved in January. My ECAS just changed today with the mention "in process". Before, all I could "know" was that they received the medical stuff... :-X

agga said:
Oh :(
Thanks for answering!
So if your stuff got there before mine and you still haven't heard from them, then my wait is going to be much longer than I thought. I was hopeful I could receive it by the end of this month (I know, I'm dreaming).
Let's keep each other posted!
I'm starting to think that I would have been better off applying on my own than through sponsorship.

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
madamechoucroute said:
I sent my documents in November and got my sponsorship request approved in January. My ECAS just changed today with the mention "in process". Before, all I could "know" was that they received the medical stuff... :-X
I wonder why ECAS exists at all, if it's not supposed to be updated... :mad:

So if you got your approval in January and only now your thing is "In Process", I shouldn't expect to receive anything before July :'(

I see in other threads that some people get their whole process through in as little as 3 and a half months (such as the Philippines or India). Something is really wrong about the Brazilian VO.

Somebody who works for the Canadian government told me that April is a critical month for the Administration (it's the end of some kind of "term"), and that they make a special effort to meet all the yearly goals by the end of April. Let's hope our processes are among these goals!

CariocaDaGema

Apr 17, 2012
agga said:
I wonder why ECAS exists at all, if it's not supposed to be updated... :mad:

So if you got your approval in January and only now your thing is "In Process", I shouldn't expect to receive anything before July :'(

I see in other threads that some people get their whole process through in as little as 3 and a half months (such as the Philippines or India). Something is really wrong about the Brazilian VO.

Somebody who works for the Canadian government told me that April is a critical month for the Administration (it's the end of some kind of "term"), and that they make a special effort to meet all the yearly goals by the end of April. Let's hope our processes are among these goals!
I actually think that the Brazilian VO is pretty fast. At least my experience with them has been the best. They received my application last year by the end of November, they started processing it by the end of January and around middle of march they sent me a letter requesting my passport. It was processed in 7 weeks which is pretty decent, i couldn't believe it was processed in less than 2 months :eek: haha. No interview, no extra documents asked. Now I am waiting for my visa, I'm currently visiting my wife in Canada, so I sent them my passport via FedEx and will get landed in Niagra Falls.

The ECas didn't change at all though, still shows "in process" and that my medical results were received LOL
wish you all the best of luck! ;D

Mar 3, 2012
CariocaDaGema said:
I actually think that the Brazilian VO is pretty fast.
I checked ECAS around noon today. The newest information was that my wife's records were being treated since April 9th (last week, it only showed they began the treatment without any details about when). I checked my mail at the end of the afternoon today and I noticed a letter from the Sao Paulo consulate. I thought it was a letter saying they began the treatment. Well, no. The letter said that we had to send my wife's passport and was signed from April 11th. WTF !?!? That was fast indeed! :eek: It's like if the longest process was to wait for an answer from Mississauga (the first stage) ! Wow, it's not over but it's almost ! Good luck all!

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
CariocaDaGema said:
I actually think that the Brazilian VO is pretty fast. At least my experience with them has been the best. They received my application last year by the end of November, they started processing it by the end of January and around middle of march they sent me a letter requesting my passport. It was processed in 7 weeks which is pretty decent, i couldn't believe it was processed in less than 2 months :eek: haha. No interview, no extra documents asked. Now I am waiting for my visa, I'm currently visiting my wife in Canada, so I sent them my passport via FedEx and will get landed in Niagra Falls.

The ECas didn't change at all though, still shows "in process" and that my medical results were received LOL
wish you all the best of luck! ;D
madamechoucroute said:
I checked ECAS around noon today. The newest information was that my wife's records were being treated since April 9th (last week, it only showed they began the treatment without any details about when). I checked my mail at the end of the afternoon today and I noticed a letter from the Sao Paulo consulate. I thought it was a letter saying they began the treatment. Well, no. The letter said that we had to send my wife's passport and was signed from April 11th. WTF !?!? That was fast indeed! :eek: It's like if the longest process was to wait for an answer from Mississauga (the first stage) ! Wow, it's not over but it's almost ! Good luck all!
Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope it'll go as fast for us who are still waiting! I have just received my CSQ in the mail, and in the E-CAS I can see that the SP VO has already received it too. Perhaps I'm traumatized, as my application was lost in CIC from when I sent it, in November, until March.

I thought it wasn't possible to send passports overseas using FedEx, thanks for the hint! I am in Canada too with a student visa (I couldn't afford to spend so long away from my hubby, even if it'd cost me international student fees!) and I thought I would have to go to Brazil just for that. Guess I'm going anyway, but it's good to know that I have this option too :)

CariocaDaGema

Apr 17, 2012
agga said:
Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope it'll go as fast for us who are still waiting! I have just received my CSQ in the mail, and in the E-CAS I can see that the SP VO has already received it too. Perhaps I'm traumatized, as my application was lost in CIC from when I sent it, in November, until March.

I thought it wasn't possible to send passports overseas using FedEx, thanks for the hint! I am in Canada too with a student visa (I couldn't afford to spend so long away from my hubby, even if it'd cost me international student fees!) and I thought I would have to go to Brazil just for that. Guess I'm going anyway, but it's good to know that I have this option too :)
Oh my! International tuition fee is a rip off! But a good alternative since it is very hard to be away from the ones we love.
You can use either FedEx or DHL to send your passport when/if you decide to. You should include a cover letter explaining that you are in Canada with your spouse now so they can kindly mail it back to your address here, also include a prepaid airway bill and an extra envelope for the return of the passport. Quick and easy!

Hopefully you will have better luck with your application this time around! :)

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
CariocaDaGema said:
Oh my! International tuition fee is a rip off! But a good alternative since it is very hard to be away from the ones we love.
You can use either FedEx or DHL to send your passport when/if you decide to. You should include a cover letter explaining that you are in Canada with your spouse now so they can kindly mail it back to your address here, also include a prepaid airway bill and an extra envelope for the return of the passport. Quick and easy!

Hopefully you will have better luck with your application this time around! :)
Great! Thanks!

Shadoop

May 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

I found this website while trying to get information on the letter my wife whom i am sponsoring just recieved.
She is brazilian and we have applied through Sao Paulo. We both live in the carribean and decided to go through SP and no through kingston, jamaica becuase the processing times were alot shorter.

I got approved in jan - from the caseprocessing in ontario. They then said they would be sending it to brazil for further processing in feburary,We have not heard anything from them in brazil saying that they have recieved my wifes application" except just today we got a letter dated april 11 in the mail.

Its says nothing about being approved or not approved, just says, " in order to issue your permanent residence visa we request your passport" then gos on to say " your visa is only valid from 1 year of medical, or the date of her passport expiriy, whichnever is sooner"

It asks to stick the label provided with numbers on it on from of the passprort and send it off, to brazil, no pics or anything, just passport

I have heard of PPR letter, but this letter does not give any deadline to send, nor say anything about using s courier and sending a paid waybill for the return of the passport?. And i never recieved any email niether?

Could it be that its approved after only 2 months in brazil? The website says waiting times are 9 months. How long will they have the passport for?. Is this the passport request letter? I hope we are almost there! If anyone could help or had this letter before please let me know!