Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Just got the PPR email! It was pretty fast, I hope you guys get it soon! Just confused cause we can't send prepaid courier envelopes, so does it mean we have to use VAC's service, since registered mail in Brazil is way too risky?
We got PPR today too!

I'm a little confused because of this section of the letter...
"Please provide the following information:
Two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable). The application guide may be found on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)."

Obviously the applicant needs to send these photos and his passport, but what about the spouse? I'm the spouse and sponsor and I will be traveling with my husband.

Reactions: Bea07 and malikagui

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Just got the PPR email! It was pretty fast, I hope you guys get it soon! Just confused cause we can't send prepaid courier envelopes, so does it mean we have to use VAC's service, since registered mail in Brazil is way too risky?
congrats ! Can you share your timeline ? (Including the date when your file was transferred to São Paulo ?

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017
congrats ! Can you share your timeline ? (Including the date when your file was transferred to São Paulo ?
Hi camilafsn,

Here is my timeline:

App received:
Nov 2nd
AOR1: Nov 18th
SA (File Transfer) : Nov 24th
Medical done: Aug 31st
Ecas changed to In process: Dec 2nd
BC in progress: Mar 20th
Decision Made: Jun 1st
PPR: Jun 5th

You can always check the SP VO spreadsheet too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxtxHTuTsPO6yPZUQDZ-f5R-JXSmxKPFaWTVHrU5HXM/edit#gid=0

Reactions: katdanger

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017
We got PPR today too!

I'm a little confused because of this section of the letter...
"Please provide the following information:
Two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable). The application guide may be found on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)."

Obviously the applicant needs to send these photos and his passport, but what about the spouse? I'm the spouse and sponsor and I will be traveling with my husband.
Ya, that's one more question. I have been trying to find an answer, but no success. It says ' if applicable ', so in what situation it would not be applicable? My husband is in Canada, so if they really need his pics, it's going to be complicated.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Ya, that's one more question. I have been trying to find an answer, but no success. It says ' if applicable ', so in what situation it would not be applicable? My husband is in Canada, so if they really need his pics, it's going to be complicated.
If applicable is referent to dependents. But it looks like you and your husband need send the pictures.

Reactions: Bea07

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
hey, everyone. so I was finally contacted by our dear VO, but unfortunately, not only I didn't receive my PPR yet, but also I need to provide documents at this stage.

they're requesting Civil Fingerprinting Screening issued by the RCMP and I'm currently in São Paulo. did you guys have any experience with this?
I wasn't expecting this kind of request and now I have no idea where I should I get my fingerprints taken here.

CIC's website is pretty vague about it or maybe I'm just too frustrated to understand what they say there, so any insights will be immensely helpful!
thanks!

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
hey, everyone. so I was finally contacted by our dear VO, but unfortunately, not only I didn't receive my PPR yet, but also I need to provide documents at this stage.

they're requesting Civil Fingerprinting Screening issued by the RCMP and I'm currently in São Paulo. did you guys have any experience with this?
I wasn't expecting this kind of request and now I have no idea where I should I get my fingerprints taken here.

CIC's website is pretty vague about it or maybe I'm just too frustrated to understand what they say there, so any insights will be immensely helpful!
thanks!
Hi! So I'm not sure if you're in our Facebook group but it was discussed just yesterday
I am going to copy and paste the information someone posted there in Portuguese

"os antecedentes sim super de boa pra tirar, são as finger prints msm que me pediram, morei por quase 4 anos no Canadá, acho q por isso pediram, mas já me informei cm se tira, eh na polícia federal...sem custo nenhum, depois disso tenho q enviar pro Canadá pra digitalizarem, vou mandar por fedex que nem fiz cm meu processo, chegou em 2 dias, daí volta pra cá pra sp! É que minha advogada é canadense e não soube ao certo onde eu tirava, ela q vai digitalizar e mandar de volta pra cá... vão ser uns dias mas nao vai demorar não....o pior acho que já passou!!"

I hope it helps !

malikagui

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront; passed
Med's Done....
25-09-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017

thanks!
Hi, we had to go through this as well. Although the VO has not requested the police certificate, we decided to be proactive and get it anyways for our records. On the RCMP website they have a list of accredited companies who can digitize your fingerprints for you. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check
We used the one in Vancouver, but you can use any. My husband was in SP at the time, he printed the form provided by RCMP-accredited company, went to the Police Main office, got his fingerprints, along with officer stamp and signature; then scanned it back to Vancouver, who then sent it to RCMP in Ottawa and 2 weeks later we got our certificate. I am not sure what is Civil Fingerprinting Screening, but you can ask the fingerprint company and they should be able to explain to you. Hope this helps! Good luck.

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Thank you so much for the guidance, ladies! I just got my fingerprints at the Police office and will send it to an accredited company in Montreal - they can email me as soon as it's ready, so hopefully I'll be able to upload it an cut the 'waiting for the mail' step.

I guess I should have seen this coming, but I thought they only needed fingerprints of applicants who had already lived in Canada for over 6 months. I spent nearly 5 there and just sent them PCC from the countries I lived for more than 6 months. Oh well. Hopefully that's all now!

And camilafsn, I didn't know about the FB group. How's it called?

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Thank you so much for the guidance, ladies! I just got my fingerprints at the Police office and will send it to an accredited company in Montreal - they can email me as soon as it's ready, so hopefully I'll be able to upload it an cut the 'waiting for the mail' step.

I guess I should have seen this coming, but I thought they only needed fingerprints of applicants who had already lived in Canada for over 6 months. I spent nearly 5 there and just sent them PCC from the countries I lived for more than 6 months. Oh well. Hopefully that's all now!

And camilafsn, I didn't know about the FB group. How's it called?
It's called
Family SponsorShip Canada - Brasil

Here is the link l hope it works
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291019611106711/?ref=bookmarks

:)

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Hi follows! The time for processing before December 17 has changed for 11 months.
My Ecas suggest that I need other documentations, but it has no messages below... did It already occur with somebody?
Cherrs
Marcinha

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi follows! The time for processing before December 17 has changed for 11 months.
My Ecas suggest that I need other documentations, but it has no messages below... did It already occur with somebody?
Cherrs
Marcinha
It happened to me! I got the same line on my cic account but no "message below" it. It showed up on Tuesday, when the system was on maintenance and many people got the same thing, so I just considered it was a mistake and ignored it! However, yesterday I decided to report a technical issue regarding it, just in case! So Let's see what happens

Reactions: marcinha

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Are biometrics mandatory for all PR applicants? The CIC website says applicants from Brazil do not need to send fingerprints, or am I missing something here?
They may request if from the Principal Applicant if he or she spent 6 or more months in Canada...

Reactions: jbm

malikagui

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront; passed
Med's Done....
25-09-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
It happened to me! I got the same line on my cic account but no "message below" it. It showed up on Tuesday, when the system was on maintenance and many people got the same thing, so I just considered it was a mistake and ignored it! However, yesterday I decided to report a technical issue regarding it, just in case! So Let's see what happens
Hi all, I have gotten the same message as well! It is very confusing. It says they need additional documents and asks to refer to messages below, but there are no messages below! It also appeared on Tuesday for us. I have been checking it everyday, including today, and nothing has changed. I am hoping its a system glitch. I have however reported it as a "technical issue". But nothing yet. My husband also called the IRCC (he was on hold for 1 hour), and they told him to await further instructions, lol. Not very helpful, but I guess, there is not much they can do, they said they cannot access his file, because its not in Canada. Please keep me posted, marcinha and camilafsn if this message disappears for you. Thanks!

Reactions: marcinha

malikagui

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront; passed
Med's Done....
25-09-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
I checked the forum and many people are complaining about the same issue of being requested "additional documents". Here is what one of the replies says. I guess people found it on the IRCC website:

"We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do."