+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo BRA VO - 2016/17 Timeline

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I checked the forum and many people are complaining about the same issue of being requested "additional documents". Here is what one of the replies says. I guess people found it on the IRCC website:

"We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do."
Yes I saw it in the website! It was good to know that they are aware and it's an error

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
We logged into MyCic today and can see that the application was approved and there is a new little section about the document they put in the passport. So we're thinking they've put the passport in the mail to come back to us! Can't wait till it arrives! :D

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Feels so good to come back here and find more of you almost at the end of it!

I'm just curious: for those who are in SP and received PPR, have you sent your passports by mail to the Consulate or showed up in person at the VAC?
It's not my turn yet, but I'm wondering what's the best option - if any is faster, easier or cheaper.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017

I'm just curious: for those who are in SP and received PPR, have you sent your passports by mail to the Consulate or showed up in person at the VAC?
It's not my turn yet, but I'm wondering what's the best option - if any is faster, easier or cheaper.
Hi! Because I am currently living in Canada I sent my passport to Ottawa. For it, I used the Canadian post.
I sent it on last Friday. My CiC keeps showing my application is in the processing, just when I look at "check your application status" inside "processing times" it shows DM.

Reactions: acaselatto

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017

I am pretty sure it would be faster if you dropped it off in person and picked up as well. However, since I am not from São Paulo (otherwise it would be a lot easier/cheaper), mailing sounded like a good option. My passport was received on June 7th, and nothing has arrived until now. The only change was on Mycic where there is a new section with a document number plus passport information. Also, it says the application was approved now. I will let you guys know whenever I get my passport back. Good luck for those still waiting! Hopefully we'll all be with our significant others very soon, and finally the waiting will be over.

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Hi everyone,

Great news to share: we just received the email request to send passport. Before that, someone called my partner to ensure he’s planning to land before medical exams expire in August. Otherwise new ones would be required.

Best of luck to you all. Patience is a virtue!

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Just saw we got DM on Ecas today!!!

I'm really hoping this is not just something weird with their system though :D On MyCIC there's nothing different yet and, in fact, the line "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" is there since they requested my Police Certificate (which we just sent by email on Monday).
If the DM is real, they actually worked pretty fast on this last bit.

Can't wait for my PPR!
Thanks for your info, marcinha and Bea07! I'll check if I really can just do the drop-off in person.

Reactions: katdanger and Bea07

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

Great news to share: we just received the email request to send passport. Before that, someone called my partner to ensure he’s planning to land before medical exams expire in August. Otherwise new ones would be required.

Best of luck to you all. Patience is a virtue!
Congratulations, I'm so glad it all worked out for you! I was hoping for good news on your case as we also applied for common-law and know it can be very tricky to gather proof of years living together in this scenario. Best of luck to you as well!

Reactions: rio2016

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Hello ...

Quick question: did any of you send pictures of the sponsor to Sao Paulo? I assume they only need 2 pics from PA. But I'd like to confirm from those of you who got PPR early June.

Thanks

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017
Hello ...

Quick question: did any of you send pictures of the sponsor to Sao Paulo? I assume they only need 2 pics from PA. But I'd like to confirm from those of you who got PPR early June.

Thanks
After doing some research, I decided to send only my pictures (PA), and I had no problems. You should be good too.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Hello ...

Thanks
I sent my picture and of my spouse, because the e-mail that I received says "Two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)."

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Hi guys,

My husband also received his passport!!

And yes, only pictures of the PA.

Good luck to all of you!
Glad to hear. It was not so much about including my pics ... it'd slow down as I'm in Canada my partner in Brazil. Thanks for confirming!

Reactions: Bea07