+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo BRA VO - 2016/17 Timeline

natrocha

Dec 15, 2015
Hi all,

We sent my husband's passport to Ottawa on May 18th, they returned it May 26th. Yesterday he did his landing at Niagara Falls.
Still no notes to know exactly how they handled our application.

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting for some good news!

nathysp

Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations to all of you that have recently received the PPR... I'm so happy to see that things are moving!

Quick question, how do you receive the PPR? Via email?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
WE GOT DECISION MADE ON ECAS TODAY!!!

It's funny cause it says 'decision made' under permanent residence application, but still says 'in process' under sponsorship! Probably because I (the sponsor) am still in Brazil.

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)

It's funny cause it says 'decision made' under permanent residence application, but still says 'in process' under sponsorship! Probably because I (the sponsor) am still in Brazil.
Congrats Katdanger, so happy for you! My ecas also says the same, I don't think it means anything important!

Reactions: katdanger

nathysp

Apr 28, 2017

Oh my God!!!
I'm so happy for you!!! I literally got butterflies in my stomach for you!
Hopefully mine will come soon too!!
Enjoy this moment!

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017

We got DECISION MADE too! I am so excited! I don't usually check ecas every day, but as soon as I read you got it, I decided to check since we have similar timelines, so thanks a lot for sharing. Plus, It says decision made only under the permanent residence as well, but my husband (sponsor) is in Canada, so it's a little confusing. Hopefully more PPR's and decision made come soon for all of us!

nathysp

Apr 28, 2017
DECISION MADE FOR US TOO!!!!!! OMG!!!!! OMGGG!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!

Same situation though... Decision made only under permanent residence. Also, when I click on "decision made", nothing really has changed there. Still has the last update as "Medical results have been received".

Also, how do we get the PPR??

Good luck to us all!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
DECISION MADE FOR US TOO!!!!!! OMG!!!!! OMGGG!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!

Same situation though... Decision made only under permanent residence. Also, when I click on "decision made", nothing really has changed there. Still has the last update as "Medical results have been received".

Also, how do we get the PPR??

Good luck to us all!
Wow! so much great news! I hope all our PPRs come fast! The longest I've seen it take for the SP VO is two weeks, but I've seen it take longer for others.

I'm not sure how we get it. I think it's an email with a letter and instructions sent to the applicant. There is a guy in the November thread who asked the same question and no one has answered him.

malikagui

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront; passed
Med's Done....
25-09-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017

Congragulations!!!!!!!!!

acaselatto

May 2, 2017
Yay! Congratulations to the three of you!!!
That must feel awesome, I can't wait for my turn. And our timelines are so similar this actually just increased my anxiety!

Please keep us posted about when and how you receive the PPR.

Reactions: nathysp

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Yay! Congratulations to the three of you!!!
That must feel awesome, I can't wait for my turn. And our timelines are so similar this actually just increased my anxiety!

Please keep us posted about when and how you receive the PPR.
Our timelines are very similar! I bet your DM is coming soon! It looks like they might be doing them in groups! If you're not in this batch, you must be in the next!

nathysp

Apr 28, 2017
Wow! so much great news! I hope all our PPRs come fast! The longest I've seen it take for the SP VO is two weeks, but I've seen it take longer for others.

I'm not sure how we get it. I think it's an email with a letter and instructions sent to the applicant. There is a guy in the November thread who asked the same question and no one has answered him.
From what I've been reading on Facebook Groups, we should receive an email in a few days. Hopefully it won't take too long!!
Uhuuuuu

natrocha

Dec 15, 2015

Hi Katdanger,

Yes, is an email with instructions. Sometimes they send it to the Sponsor, sometimes to the applicant. I received the email for my husband's application.
This is what it says:

Visa Section, www.cic.gc.ca
São Paulo, Brazil spalo-immigration@international.gc.ca

Dear Sir / Madam

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

Ü Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.
Ü No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter
Ü Please quote your application number on your correspondence. Failure to quote this file number may cause delays in the finalization of your application.

If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact this office, by following the instructions on their website: www.brasil.gc.ca

1. CHANGE IN FAMILY COMPOSITION OR MAILING ADDRESS

You must notify the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, any grandchildren born to dependent children); or
You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information.

Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

2. VISA VALIDITY

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) when requested.

Once you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s), please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Sao Paulo Visa Section immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.

The immigrant visa will have the same validity date as the medical examination results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination, or according to the validity of your passport or any accompanying family member’s passport, whichever is the earliest. Once issued, the validity of an immigrant visa cannot be extended.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

3. PASSPORTS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS

Please provide the following information:
Two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable). The application guide may be found on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable).

a. If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements:
Submit your original passport and the original passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children, if applicable. Passports for you and your accompanying spouse and dependent children (if applicable) must be submitted together.
There must be at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months.
b. If you are a citizen of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements (NOTE: To find out if you are visa-exempt under Regulation 190, consult the CIC webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions):
Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

4. SUBMITTING YOUR PASSPORT(S)

You must submit your passport (or photocopy of passport as explained in item 3b) with at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months. Do not send expired passport/s.

Applicants residing: IN CANADA

If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address:

i. If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost (recommended option)

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9

· Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
· Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
· Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
· Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.
· You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
ii. If sent by private courier (only)

CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

· If you choose to not provide us with a return Xpresspost envelope, we will return your passport(s) via regular mail (Canada Post Lettermail).
· Passport(s) will not be returned by private courier. Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.

Applicants residing: OUTSIDE CANADA

If you live outside Canada, you can submit your passport(s) to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil either by:

i. Sending your passport(s) using the Visa Application Centres (VACs).
Visit http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Brazil/English/Service_and_Service_Charge.html for more information on the Visa Application Offices serving Brazil.

OR

ii. Sending your passport(s) by mail or courier together with a copy of this letter to the following address:

Visa and Immigration Section - Consulate General of Canada
Av. Nações Unidas, 12.901 CENU, Torre Norte – 16º andar.
04578-000 São Paulo – SP, Brazil

5. RETURN OF YOUR PASSPORT(S)

After we receive the passport, your application for immigration to Canada will be finalized and the visa will be issued. If you choose not to use VAC services, we will return your passport(s) via registered mail. Passport(s) will not be returned by any other way (SEDEX, SEDEX10,etc). Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.

Please attach a letter informing to which address our office should send the passport. If this address is not in Brazil, please be advised that our office cannot cover the costs of sending a passport abroad. In that case, if you have, kindly provide a courier account number, so that our office can forward the passports to the mailing address, collect.

Our office will make the best effort to have your passport returned to you with your permanent resident visa within 30 days from their receipt. You should not give up your employment, dispose of property or make any other commitment, including travel arrangements until you are in possession of your immigration documentation

Sincerely,

Visa and Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
São Paulo - SP - Brazil

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Marcinha, please let us know how it goes when you return to Canada as a visitor! My husband and I are returning in July on an eta to finish the process there and I'm curious about how it will be at immigration.

Acaselatto, I'll be watching for your updates too! Your application seems to be about a week ahead of ours!

I hope you're all coping with the waiting well! :)
Hi Katdanger
My return was really easy. I used my address from Canada and the official just asked if I was living here and I answered that I am waiting for PR process and he wanted to know about how many gifts I bought...

Bea07

Jan 31, 2017
Just got the PPR email! It was pretty fast, I hope you guys get it soon! Just confused cause we can't send prepaid courier envelopes, so does it mean we have to use VAC's service, since registered mail in Brazil is way too risky?