+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample letter & proof of urgency - Marriage Certificate Ontario

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
This definitely works!

I got married on Oct 10 2019
Before we went to City Hall, I made the online order for the marriage certificate. Paid 37$ for the long form and short form. Took note of the Order number.
https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do?lang=en&_ga=2.234408862.1263646631.1572028210-1934600313.1567081726

I attached the letter of urgency stating the Order number, a copy of my TRV and work permit that needs to be renewed.

Mailed it using a prepaid Canada post envelope on October 11, 2019. They received it on October 16, 2019 (as per tracking).
I called Service Ontario today and they advised me that my marriage certificate has been mailed out on Oct 23, 2019.

Puja shalini

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Please help me with info, i am trying to submit marriage certificate application online, its not even two weeks we got married and the online application is showing “online service no service guarantee available “ as the option , should i still submit online and then call and fax proof of urgency????

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Please help me with info, i am trying to submit marriage certificate application online, its not even two weeks we got married and the online application is showing “online service no service guarantee available “ as the option , should i still submit online and then call and fax proof of urgency????
yes, just go ahead and submit it. Take note of the Order Number after paying the online order. It simply says that It has no guarantee since your marriage has not been registered yet. It takes 10 weeks to register a marriage therefore ordering the marriage certificate online says NO GUARANTEE. What i did is mail my urgency letter together with proof of urgency, in my case my work permit and TRV that need to be extended. On my letter i indicated the order number. After 2 days of receiving my letter, the marriage registration was completed and they mailed the certificate after 2days as well.

Puja shalini

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
yes, just go ahead and submit it. Take note of the Order Number after paying the online order. It simply says that It has no guarantee since your marriage has not been registered yet. It takes 10 weeks to register a marriage therefore ordering the marriage certificate online says NO GUARANTEE. What i did is mail my urgency letter together with proof of urgency, in my case my work permit and TRV that need to be extended. On my letter i indicated the order number. After 2 days of receiving my letter, the marriage registration was completed and they mailed the certificate after 2days as well.
Thankyou very much. My trv is getting expired too, so to apply for a dependent trv , does it have to be applied atleast one month prior the expiry date ?

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Thankyou very much. My trv is getting expired too, so to apply for a dependent trv , does it have to be applied atleast one month prior the expiry date ?
Depends on the kind of TRV do you have ie. visit, student or work? Check the processing times for the specific type. For example for work permit extension, it takes 114 days to be completed to it is safe to renew before that. Is it only your TRV that is expiring? what about your visitor record, student permit or work permit? you need to consider that as well.

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys. Please advise me what I should do.

I got married on Oct 5, 2015 and my wife's visit visa will expire in March 2020. I have already requested for a marriage certificate online but I want to apply for her OWP and Spouse Visa asap.

Should I also fax them and ask for expedition?

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Hi guys. Please advise me what I should do.

I got married on Oct 5, 2015 and my wife's visit visa will expire in March 2020. I have already requested for a marriage certificate online but I want to apply for her OWP and Spouse Visa asap.

Should I also fax them and ask for expedition?
yes you can fax your letter of urgency to request expedition and don't forget to indicate the order number for the online order you made

Reactions: frightenedpanda

Puja shalini

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi , today we faxed all the required documents and today when we called they asked for a letter from immigration stating my start and end date of visa , I submitted my workpermit and also trv earlier, I don’t know what is this “immigration department sending a letter “ ,
Can anyone tel me ?? Please

Zaluzhna

May 15, 2019
Can confirm it worked for us!

Married Jan 17, Certified copy of marriage registration paid for online on Jan 20. Sent the letter to North Bay the same day with the receipt of purchase, Marriage License and a letter of urgency similar to the one provided in the post. We based our urgency on my work permit which expires in July 2020, so I also attached a scan of my work permit. Letter received on Jan 25, and was sent out on Jan 27! Received the documents in mail today, Feb 4th.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
yes you can fax your letter of urgency to request expedition and don't forget to indicate the order number for the online order you made
I got married 6 weeks ago so the system didn't let me pay for the premium/expedite service (only paid $15).

Can I still fax the letter of urgency and request an expedition?

I'm thinking it might be easier/quicker to just go apply in person at Service Ontario :S