+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample letter & proof of urgency - Marriage Certificate Ontario

azarme09

Hero Member
Oct 25, 2013
326
17
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hello everyone!

I saw on various threads how it takes so long for you guys to get your marriage certificate from Thunder Bay (Ontario). Well, I am here to help you out!
I got married on March 1st 2014 and my certificate is already on its way in the mail.

This is what I did:

I went online and requested + paid the fee on March 5th 2014. They gave me an order#

Then I wrote the following letter (signed by my husband) and faxed it to them along with a picture of my visa (which I need to renew) as a proof of urgency. You may modify and use it if you like :) We had faxed them before for our foreign divorce authorization (as my husband and I both got our divorces from our previous spouses from the US) and they were very helpful. They issued our authorization within a week. Normally it takes them 4 weeks to process this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAGE 1​

To,

The Office of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 4600, 3rd Floor
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario - P7B 6L8
Fax# 807-343-7284


Attention: Marriage Office


This is a letter to request your office to please process my marriage registration (license# E xxxxxx) at your earliest convenience. I have already ordered a marriage certificate and a certified copy of registration (order# xxxxxxxx - x). My wife, xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, and I, xxx xxxxx xxxxx, were married on xxxx xx 20xx. I understand that this was a recent event and therefore it does not qualify for any of the expedited service options available online, however, I would still like to request you to please take this letter into account when you receive my paperwork from the officiant.

As a proof of urgency, I'm attaching a copy of my wife's visa stamp which expires on xxx xx 20xx. According to the Canadian immigration rules, we need to apply for an extension and begin our immigration process for her to stay with me by xxx xx 20xx. Therefore, it is absolutely essential for us that we receive the requested documents as early as possible as we are required by the CIC immigration documents checklist to attach copies of our marriage certificate and registration.

Your office has been a great help for us as you issued our foreign divorce authorization for the marriage license within a week of application. You have been incredibly cooperative and understanding and we cannot thank you enough for that.

If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact me or my wife at the information given at the end of this letter.

Thank you, once again, for your cooperation and consideration.


Sincerely,
xxx x xxxxx


Contact:
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxxx @ xxxxx
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxx @ xxxxxx

ADD FOOTER ON BOTH THE PAGES:
Ref: Marriage License# E xxxxxxx
Marriage Certificate and Certified Copy of Registration - order# xxxxxxxx - x
Attachment: Proof of Urgency - Visa Stamp

PAGE 2​

PROOF OF URGENCY:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck, everyone!
 

automaton82

Hero Member
Aug 28, 2013
359
25
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Very good information!

As a side note, I filed my app with just the record of solemnization, and submitted the cert later on, and it was a non-issue.

That being said, I did call the office of the registrar during this process and they said there was "no way" it could be expedited.. so clearly they were lying, since you found a way :).
 

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
2,482
68
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
They will expedite a marriage certificate if you have proof that your visa is about to expire or you are being deported from Canada. Otherwise you can wait up till 11 weeks to receive it . I was applying outland so it was a no go for me.As the OP stated his visa was about to expire.
 

Myllie

Newbie
Sep 9, 2014
7
0
Hi Azarme,

Can you please let me know what the letter to Service Ontario to expedite re-marry authorization consisted of?
I am divorce and trying to marry my fiance (canadian citizen) to submit our sponsorship application within 2 weeks as my 11 year old daughter was given a visitor record last time she landed in canada. We asked for an extension and waiting to see if it is approved...but we only have approximately 2 weeks to prove to CIC that we are indeed married. PLEASE HELP!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
2,482
68
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Myllie said:
Hi Azarme,

Can you please let me know what the letter to Service Ontario to expedite re-marry authorization consisted of?
I am divorce and trying to marry my fiance (canadian citizen) to submit our sponsorship application within 2 weeks as my 11 year old daughter was given a visitor record last time she landed in canada. We asked for an extension and waiting to see if it is approved...but we only have approximately 2 weeks to prove to CIC that we are indeed married. PLEASE HELP!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

little confused here are you getting married or you are married . If you have been divorced in another country you are going to have to get documents of such and get a family lawyer to do a search on your divorce .Then send it off to Thunder bay to get approval of a marriage , then you present that to the person who is marring you . This is not a quick process.
 

Beatrice78

Newbie
Sep 12, 2014
2
1
azarme09 said:
Hello everyone!

I saw on various threads how it takes so long for you guys to get your marriage certificate from Thunder Bay (Ontario). Well, I am here to help you out!
I got married on March 1st 2014 and my certificate is already on its way in the mail.

This is what I did:

I went online and requested + paid the fee on March 5th 2014. They gave me an order#

Then I wrote the following letter (signed by my husband) and faxed it to them along with a picture of my visa (which I need to renew) as a proof of urgency. You may modify and use it if you like :) We had faxed them before for our foreign divorce authorization (as my husband and I both got our divorces from our previous spouses from the US) and they were very helpful. They issued our authorization within a week. Normally it takes them 4 weeks to process this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAGE 1​

To,

The Office of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 4600, 3rd Floor
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario - P7B 6L8
Fax# 807-343-7284


Attention: Marriage Office


This is a letter to request your office to please process my marriage registration (license# E xxxxxx) at your earliest convenience. I have already ordered a marriage certificate and a certified copy of registration (order# xxxxxxxx - x). My wife, xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, and I, xxx xxxxx xxxxx, were married on xxxx xx 20xx. I understand that this was a recent event and therefore it does not qualify for any of the expedited service options available online, however, I would still like to request you to please take this letter into account when you receive my paperwork from the officiant.

As a proof of urgency, I'm attaching a copy of my wife's visa stamp which expires on xxx xx 20xx. According to the Canadian immigration rules, we need to apply for an extension and begin our immigration process for her to stay with me by xxx xx 20xx. Therefore, it is absolutely essential for us that we receive the requested documents as early as possible as we are required by the CIC immigration documents checklist to attach copies of our marriage certificate and registration.

Your office has been a great help for us as you issued our foreign divorce authorization for the marriage license within a week of application. You have been incredibly cooperative and understanding and we cannot thank you enough for that.

If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact me or my wife at the information given at the end of this letter.

Thank you, once again, for your cooperation and consideration.


Sincerely,
xxx x xxxxx


Contact:
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxxx @ xxxxx
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxx @ xxxxxx

ADD FOOTER ON BOTH THE PAGES:
Ref: Marriage License# E xxxxxxx
Marriage Certificate and Certified Copy of Registration - order# xxxxxxxx - x
Attachment: Proof of Urgency - Visa Stamp

PAGE 2​

PROOF OF URGENCY:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck, everyone!
Hi all, I can confirm that this works!

I got married on Aug 9 2014, applied for the marriage certificate on Aug 29, faxed them the urgency request (see below) on Sep 2 and the request was processed on Sep 9 (it's currently on its way in the mail).

After reading azarme09's message I did the same: I copied and pasted the text of their fax, of course replacing our names, contacts and visa expiry dates. Then I attached my husband's visa, where it states the expiry date (Oct 5 2014) and his passport scan.

I didn't receive any reply from the Registrar's office, but they still accepted my request and processed it almost immediately.

Good luck everyone!
 
  • Like
Reactions: azarme09

Morgie

Newbie
Sep 12, 2014
3
0
Do you need to send in a copy of your marriage certificate when you send the sponsor application, or can you start the application and send the certificate when it comes in?
 

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
2,482
68
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Morgie said:
Do you need to send in a copy of your marriage certificate when you send the sponsor application, or can you start the application and send the certificate when it comes in?
That's your call .Some have sent it with out it and have been just fine.They will request it later . I waited i didn't want my application to be incomplete. it 50/50 on the forum some sent it some didn't. I can't remember the document you get when you sign the registrar, you could send that.
 

Jeffuk88

Hero Member
Jan 22, 2017
298
44
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Just to confirm... this letter template worked for me. Submitted it 8th May they registered it and mailed the certificate 16th May.

Thanks so much :)
 

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
3,413
405
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hello everyone!

I saw on various threads how it takes so long for you guys to get your marriage certificate from Thunder Bay (Ontario). Well, I am here to help you out!
I got married on March 1st 2014 and my certificate is already on its way in the mail.

This is what I did:

I went online and requested + paid the fee on March 5th 2014. They gave me an order#

Then I wrote the following letter (signed by my husband) and faxed it to them along with a picture of my visa (which I need to renew) as a proof of urgency. You may modify and use it if you like :) We had faxed them before for our foreign divorce authorization (as my husband and I both got our divorces from our previous spouses from the US) and they were very helpful. They issued our authorization within a week. Normally it takes them 4 weeks to process this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAGE 1​

To,

The Office of the Registrar General
P.O. Box 4600, 3rd Floor
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario - P7B 6L8
Fax# 807-343-7284


Attention: Marriage Office


This is a letter to request your office to please process my marriage registration (license# E xxxxxx) at your earliest convenience. I have already ordered a marriage certificate and a certified copy of registration (order# xxxxxxxx - x). My wife, xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, and I, xxx xxxxx xxxxx, were married on xxxx xx 20xx. I understand that this was a recent event and therefore it does not qualify for any of the expedited service options available online, however, I would still like to request you to please take this letter into account when you receive my paperwork from the officiant.

As a proof of urgency, I'm attaching a copy of my wife's visa stamp which expires on xxx xx 20xx. According to the Canadian immigration rules, we need to apply for an extension and begin our immigration process for her to stay with me by xxx xx 20xx. Therefore, it is absolutely essential for us that we receive the requested documents as early as possible as we are required by the CIC immigration documents checklist to attach copies of our marriage certificate and registration.

Your office has been a great help for us as you issued our foreign divorce authorization for the marriage license within a week of application. You have been incredibly cooperative and understanding and we cannot thank you enough for that.

If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact me or my wife at the information given at the end of this letter.

Thank you, once again, for your cooperation and consideration.


Sincerely,
xxx x xxxxx


Contact:
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxxx @ xxxxx
xxx xxxxx: xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxxxx @ xxxxxx

ADD FOOTER ON BOTH THE PAGES:
Ref: Marriage License# E xxxxxxx
Marriage Certificate and Certified Copy of Registration - order# xxxxxxxx - x
Attachment: Proof of Urgency - Visa Stamp

PAGE 2​

PROOF OF URGENCY:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck, everyone!


for immigration they want long form not shot for marriage license
 

racineba

Full Member
Jul 5, 2017
44
19
Hi All...I can confirm this works too..sent the exam same letter June 28 for expedited registration and my application was processed on July 4 2017...many thanks to azarme 09 cuz we were getting kinda desperate...
 

fpalazzo

Full Member
Nov 15, 2017
34
10
Hi all!
First, thanks for the post, it is extremely helpful!
I have one more question: when I applied online to get the Certificate, there wasn't any other option than "Regular Service".
So, my friend told me that I need to pay extra $30 and send the Letter of Urgency. Can you guys please confirm if that is the case actually?
If so, how can I proceed with this extra payment, once I have completed my application and paid for that?
Thank you!
 

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
3,790
1,442
Hi all!
First, thanks for the post, it is extremely helpful!
I have one more question: when I applied online to get the Certificate, there wasn't any other option than "Regular Service".
So, my friend told me that I need to pay extra $30 and send the Letter of Urgency. Can you guys please confirm if that is the case actually?
If so, how can I proceed with this extra payment, once I have completed my application and paid for that?
Thank you!
I guess it depends on the province. In Ontario I simply had to fax a letter in, but keep in mind immigration while awaiting submitting a spousal application is not considered urgent. Will likely depend on the person processing your documents. We got ours super fast after submitting the letter, though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fpalazzo

alive77

Full Member
Oct 25, 2017
23
0
HI I just got married last DEc2 to a Canadian Citizen and Im holding a Philippine passport on a Visitors Visa

I am currently working on my spousal sponsorship application for PR and I have been going thru alot of challenges right now about the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENT for the Spousal Sponsorship. , here are some of my dilemma;

1. I have requested/paid online for my MARRIAGE CERT, however, Per Service Ontario it takes 8-10 weeks bfore I can request for one. My Visa will be expiring on MArch 2018, Im not sure if It can be released early February 2018.

2. I have spoken with IRCC agent and I have mentioned about the MARRIAGE CERT , per IRCC's suggestion, I should apply for an EXTENSION STAY...again after browsing thru the requirement ...MARRIAGE CERT must be submitted too.

Im am quite anxious about this, how would I be able to address my dilemma/concern?

Appreciate your input.
 

evdm

Hero Member
Jun 16, 2017
591
258
Call the registrar general's office explain the situation and they can give you instructions. I did that and was told to send them a fax with a letter and proof of urgency and had the certificate within a week. Use the phone number that's on the website