+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAME SEX Sponsorship

Jazz_lucero

Feb 16, 2019
Hi,

I am in a 5-year same sex relationship. We are both Filipinos. I moved here in Quebec as Permanent Resident last Oct 2018. My partner is in the Philippines. We plan to be together here in Canada and spend the rest of lives together.

I hope you can help me and shed some light into the following queries:

TOURIST VISA:
1. Can we put 'to get married' as the reason in the invitation letter? While It may not sound recommendable, but the reason of this ask is I would like to use that, if it gets rejected, to apply for Conjugal Sponsorship.

2. What other reasons(aside from getting married) can be used in the invitation letter.

3. We do not have enough to present to get our TRV approved because my partner has no travel history or huge funds, land or properties, etc. What other requirements can we provide to have it most likely approved?

CONJUGAL SPONSORSHIP:

4. Can we use rejected TRV applications as a proof that we have tried to be together but got rejected? Any insights?

5. What are the detailed requirements you may suggest for a success application?

I would really much appreciate your help! May God bless you all.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. You could use that, but it will probably get you a refusal for a TRV.
  2. Visiting friends, tourism.
  3. Work contracts, paid tuition, upcoming appointments, etc
  4. You can, but the fact you are Philippine may make it difficult to prove you have legal barriers. You could just go to the Philippines to see them.
  5. Others can comment, but given your country of origin, I suspect a conjugal application won’t work. IMO you would be better off to meet somewhere you can get married and just start spousal sponsorship once you return to Canada.
Did you ever live together for 12 months before you immigrated?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Conjugal will be an option if TRV gets refused. Did you live together for a year in the Philippines? I assume it would be difficult to so probably not.

Jazz_lucero

Feb 16, 2019
Conjugal will be an option if TRV gets refused. Did you live together for a year in the Philippines? I assume it would be difficult to so probably not.
Yes we lived together for 4 years but we cannot prove that we did. We dont have joint accounts like the apartment and other expenses include banks are not joint.

Jazz_lucero

Feb 16, 2019
  1. You could use that, but it will probably get you a refusal for a TRV.
  2. Visiting friends, tourism.
  3. Work contracts, paid tuition, upcoming appointments, etc
  4. You can, but the fact you are Philippine may make it difficult to prove you have legal barriers. You could just go to the Philippines to see them.
  5. Others can comment, but given your country of origin, I suspect a conjugal application won’t work. IMO you would be better off to meet somewhere you can get married and just start spousal sponsorship once you return to Canada.
Did you ever live together for 12 months before you immigrated?
We lived together for 4 years but no joint accounts to prove that. Same sex marriage in our country is not legal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes we lived together for 4 years but we cannot prove that we did. We dont have joint accounts like the apartment and other expenses include banks are not joint.
This creates problem because you were actually common law when you arrived in Canada and should have declared him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You were legally required to include your common-law partner. By not including him/her, you committed misrepresentation, immigration fraud. This means that your partner is forever excluded from the Family Class and you can never sponsor him/her.

Jazz_lucero

Feb 16, 2019
This creates problem because you were actually common law when you arrived in Canada and should have declared him.[/QUOTE
You were legally required to include your common-law partner. By not including him/her, you committed misrepresentation, immigration fraud. This means that your partner is forever excluded from the Family Class and you can never sponsor him/her.
I understand, how can we prove common law when we do not have any evidence to prove that that we lived together. We did not live together for 4 years straight because we had issues in between. And, I was not able to include him during my PR application because we were not sure of our future together back the if he would come with me in Canada. Again, we had issues.

But if we get married somewhere (not in canada), I can still sponsor him under spousal, correct?Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I understand, how can we prove common law when we do not have any evidence to prove that that we lived together. We did not live together for 4 years straight because we had issues in between. And, I was not able to include him during my PR application because we were not sure of our future together back the if he would come with me in Canada. Again, we had issues.

But if we get married somewhere (not in canada), I can still sponsor him under spousal, correct?Thanks
So now you didn't live together for 4 years. Yeah, the story usually changes when people are told the consequences.

Getting married doesn't erase failing to include your common-law partner, so no, you won't be able to sponsor him.