AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
The wife and I just received a letter from Singapore VO informing us that she is in queue for an interview and it sounds like the wait is 24 months long.

I have a few questions if anyone has any ideas to them.

1. Is there any possibility that this new 'conditional spousal visa' coming into effect in the new year might make the wait any shorter?

2. How likely is it that I can get my wife a TRV(she is from Cambodia) to visit me here in Canada? For 6 months or more so that she can go to school?

3. No plans here, just asking, but if she becomes pregnant during the wait, will it make our case much more difficult or complicated?

Thanks.

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
Hello121 said:
The wife and I just received a letter from Singapore VO informing us that she is in queue for an interview and it sounds like the wait is 24 months long.

I have a few questions if anyone has any ideas to them.

1. Is there any possibility that this new 'conditional spousal visa' coming into effect in the new year might make the wait any shorter?

2. How likely is it that I can get my wife a TRV(she is from Cambodia) to visit me here in Canada? For 6 months or more so that she can go to school?

3. No plans here, just asking, but if she becomes pregnant during the wait, will it make our case much more difficult or complicated?

Thanks.
1. I haven't heard of this new visa for spouses...? There's a new one for grandparents/parents.

2. It's not likely she will be accepted as a visitor. You can apply and try your luck, though. The reason I say it's not likely because for a visitor visa, they want proof that you will return to your home country and not stay and live in Canada. If you are applying to immigrate, it means you want to leave your home country and live in Canada. So it's hard to prove that she doesn't want to stay in Canada. if you're a Canadian citizen (not a permanent resident yourself), you can always go stay with her and visit her in her country.

3. I don't think it will change anything. It shouldn't make it more complicated since I believe the baby would gain Canadian citizenship (assuming you are a Canadian citizen). But please note that it will also not speed up your process, if you were thinking of that too. They will process it in normal times.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Thanks Scary.

Here's a link about the new conditional spousal visa..

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/conditional-spousal-sponsorship-visas-to-be-introduced-111027.html

Kinda figured that she prolly wouldnt be allowed a visitor visa from what I have read. :(

I was pretty sure I read too that it wouldnt speed things up by having a baby but just want to make sure it wouldnt really slow things down. Still, no plan to have one anytime soon but havent had any yet and I'm no spring chicken either(42).lol

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Hello121 said:
Thanks Scary.

Here's a link about the new conditional spousal visa..

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/conditional-spousal-sponsorship-visas-to-be-introduced-111027.html
It's only been proposed, but there has been no official policy change. Not saying they won't move forward with implementing it, but as of right now there's no word that it's something that will go into effect in the new year.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
This sounds like its going into effect...

"There was speculation that this change would be considered, but Canadian officials are now confirming that the conditional visa will be introduced later this year."

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Hello121 said:
This sounds like its going into effect...

"There was speculation that this change would be considered, but Canadian officials are now confirming that the conditional visa will be introduced later this year."
Right, it sounds like they want to introduce it soon, but as of right now there is no set date as to when it will go into effect or any information as to how it will effect those applicants whose applications are already in process.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
I see. For sure.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
Right, it sounds like they want to introduce it soon, but as of right now there is no set date as to when it will go into effect or any information as to how it will effect those applicants whose applications are already in process.
That's right. As far as we can tell, there's no indication that the conditional visa will speed up processing times, or that it's even meant to. There's a lot of speculation that it might, but so far, that's all it is-- speculation. I think the key is to remember that the conditional visa isn't a replacement for the usual processing that happens at the visa offices. Rather, it's meant as an additional safeguard to catch marriages of convenience after processing has happened and a visa has been issued.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Read this from an older 2010 thread and it sounds like rj(author) was right about increased times but I don't understand his reasoning with that it would have that much effect with so few frauds. Tho, recently it seems that the fraudulent marriages have increased.

"There was an article in the Edmonton Sun today, http://www.edmontonsun.com/comment/columnists/mindelle_jacobs/2010/11/15/16158476.html that states there were more than 49,000 overseas spousal applicants in 2009. 20% refused leaves approximately 39,200 approved. Less than 5% of cases report marriage fraud. That's 1960 cases of fraud. But what nobody focuses on is the other 37,240 GENUINE couples. It looks like the government is going to make the application process longer and more scrutinized if they don't go the conditional visa route. That's not fair and there needs to be another movement to prevent it because the tides are definitely moving toward something that will make the people going through this process now or in the future very UNhappy."