+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Just an update that I noticed on the global tracking sheet. I would appear that @KireKhar received this CIT0205 on the 22nd December, and was invited to an interview for the 8th March. While this is only the first such data point, that seems to be quite a promising indication that there may not be a significant delay in processing resulting from this process.

@galant also appears to have received an invite quite quickly

It would be appreciated if you would confirm test invitation @galant

@KireKhar similarly, if you could confirm that you received the PPQ-QAE with CIT 0205 and that you have been invited to an interview, that too would be appreciated.

And of course further reporting about how it goes will also be appreciated.

Reactions: sophon

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
It would be appreciated if you would confirm test invitation @galant

@KireKhar similarly, if you could confirm that you received the PPQ-QAE with CIT 0205 and that you have been invited to an interview, that too would be appreciated.

And of course further reporting about how it goes will also be appreciated.
@galant already confirmed here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-336#post-6703257

@KireKhar confirmed here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-317#post-6689757

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
While two reports of progressing to the test is way shy of enough information to support firm conclusions, these do suggest that IRCC has implemented a procedure intended to keep the PPQ-QAE applicants in the routine processing track. Which should be good news for most. This would, assuming it bears out, indicate that processing timelines for those subject to PPQ-QAE will not suffer delays in processing. Of course this is assuming (1) applicant timely and appropriately responds to the PPQ-QAE, and (2) no concerns or issues are identified that would trigger presence-case processing.

I recieved my test invite for 8th of march. Almost 3 weeks after I sent them my quality assurance docs.
I got PPQ/QAE on Dec 19,2017 request and I submitted the complete information on 10 Jan 2018.
Today I checked the CIC Customer Service today regarding the status of my submission. Customer service person didn't find any notes against my file that they have received. But he also told that the officer will write something if my file comes for further steps.
Local office is Mississauga.
I would like to check with other members, if they are in similar question.
Hi Team: I would like to share a good news. I just got Citizenship Exam date on 22 Feb. Please note that I earlier received PPQ/QAE. I submitted it on 10 Jan. Another interesting thing,
Applicant Name: VM(Galant)
Test Invite date: 06 Feb 2018
Exam date: 22 Feb 2018
Local Office :Mississauga
Admin: please update.
Thanks

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
I submitted the file of 5 Pounds replies in the file for the PPQ/QAE request. I clearly mentioned what all docs I have and what others I cant provide.Basically all the direct and indirect supporting evidences that strengthen the case.

cecij10

Feb 5, 2018
Hi,

I have two question:

1. When you took your fingerprints, did you send something to IRCC?? How do you know that the agency you went to take your fingerprints sent the results or how can you be sure that these results arrived to IRCC? I my case, I took my fingerprints in Gambit ID, they only sent me a form by email, but that's it. Do I have to send this form that I received from Gambit to IRCC along with the other documents requested?

2. How long does it took for FOIA to send your entry/exit records from USA? I have more that 4 weeks waiting for it and my status is still 'in process'. The problem is that the due date that appears in the FOIA system is today and they still did not send me anything. I have to send back all the documents requested by Monday. What happens if I don't have the FOIA results? It would be enough with the signed consent to I-94??

Thank you very much

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
2. How long does it took for FOIA to send your entry/exit records from USA? I have more that 4 weeks waiting for it and my status is still 'in process'. The problem is that the due date that appears in the FOIA system is today and they still did not send me anything. I have to send back all the documents requested by Monday. What happens if I don't have the FOIA results? It would be enough with the signed consent to I-94??
Were you instructed to provide U.S. travel history in particular? If not, and my guess is that you were not, the consent form for IRCC to obtain direct access to your U.S. travel history is what IRCC requested and that will suffice.

I doubt (my sense, but it makes sense) the general request for Entry/Exit Record for "your country of citizenship and/or all countries [you were a resident in]" means you need to submit U.S. records even if you are an American citizen, or otherwise have been a resident of the U.S., as long as YOUR package contained the consent for U.S. records, and no specific request you provide U.S. records in particular.

Hopefully others have more insight about responding to the FP request.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
A comprehensive list of what is typically requested was posted in another topic. For those who have not received PPQ or similar, but are concerned they might get RQ or PPQ, and want to check their own records to be prepared, this post is useful:

"Randomly selected for a special review exercise viz. Quality Assurance Program"

Includes the following:
  • Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise (CIT 0205). This requires information such as: passport info, absences from Canada, address information, info about close relatives even those outside Canada (i.e. where they've lived, their profession, etc.), education info, employment info, professional associations, what volunteer work I've done, income/taxes abroad, property owned inside/outside Canada, businesses owned inside/outside Canada, etc.
  • List of Required Docs*
  • Fingerprints
  • Reference
*List of Required Docs
- Scans of all pages (including blank ones) from all passports
- Entry/Exit Records from countries of citizenship/residence, other than Canada
- Provincial Personal Health Claims Summary
- Rental/Lease agreements
- Letter from landlord confirming rental period
- Property titles or Mortgage documents
- Property tax assessments
- Official school transcripts
- T4 Slips
- Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
- Records of employment
- CRA Statements of Employment Insurance benefit periods
- Statements of social assistance
- Statements of disability assistance
- Three Letters from suppliers or clients for any businesses owned inside/outside Canada
- Incorporation documents
- Advertising contracts
- Contracts and invoices demonstrating a continuance of business activity
- Business bank statements
- Professional licence/membership card/permit to practice
- A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering etc.
- Consent Form

NOTE:
A. Fingerprints must be done within 30 days of letter - and everything else must be sent back within 60 days.
B. All or any or few or multiples of the above might be requested.
And there is another victim from another thread:

Resident of Toronto
Application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017
QA received from Mississauga Citizenship official on December 10, 2017
Required documents sent on February 10, 2017 through express post, with a letter of explanation
Good luck to all of us :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sophon and qorax

Patrice83

Jan 22, 2018
Resident of Toronto
Application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) received by CIC on October 16, 2017.
QA received from Mississauga Citizenship official on December 10, 2017.
Fingerprints taken on December 10, 2017.
Required documents sent on February 10, 2017 through express post, with a letter of explanation.
Traveled to Germany, UK and the USA within my relevant period. Was able to obtain a letter from the German and British authorities confirming entry/exits.
Lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba for 6 years, before moving to Toronto, Ontario 3.5 years ago. Also provided both patient’s health claims summary, please feel free to ask me any questions in regards to those documents.

Reactions: quasar81

anika's mom

Feb 12, 2018
Resident of Toronto
Application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) received by CIC on October 16, 2017.
Required documents sent on February 10, 2017 through express post, with a letter of explanation.
Traveled to Germany, UK and the USA within my relevant period. Was able to obtain a letter from the German and British authorities confirming entry/exits.
Lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba for 6 years, before moving to Toronto, Ontario 3.5 years ago. Also provided both patient’s health claims summary, please feel free to ask me any questions in regards to those documents.

are you from the Philippines by any chance? The reason I asked this is I just want to ask how to get an entry/exit record if you visited the Phillipines. Thank you kindly.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Resident of Toronto
Best wishes. Hopefully they pick your file soon and test invite you.
Did you get FP and RQ together in single mail?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I received the CIT 0205 form
Good to know. Not so good this has happened. Please keep the forum apprised how this goes for you.

In the meantime, it appears there is another victim to add to the growing list of citizenship applicants burdened with the PPQ - QAE:

I hit the jackpot and received fingerprint and background check request!!! The mail ruined my evening. I have a question:
Has anyone received a FP request in Montreal? Where should I go? RCMP near my home or Accredited fingerprint companies? The website doesn't really give specific info about this.
Thank you in advance
Did you also get background check request? I feel that I am the only one who got this request. It is really painful and expensive to collect dozens of papers! (letters from all employers, leases + letters from landlords, entry-exit records from your home country, its translations, translation of all the non EN-FR stamps, official transcripts from schools, records of properties and so on....).
I am hoping @Voltron123 will confirm whether the "background check" referenced is the PPQ-QAE or not, and also join the discussion here, adding his or her how it goes reports to the discussion.

By the way, @Voltron123, if what you received is NOT the PPQ - QAE, please share with us the title of the correspondence or requests you received, and also look at the lower left hand corner of any part which is clearly a form and look for its formal form number . . . such as CIT 0171 or CIT 0520 or, the one being most commonly reported these days, the CIT 0205 form . . . and let us know which it is. It would be appreciated. There is a lot to learn about these procedures, still, so whatever additional information those affected can provide, the more we can organize, collate, and digest what we know, so we can better help those affected, whether that is helping them understand what they need to do to appropriately respond, or helping affected applicants understand better what this means and how it will affect their application. We can extrapolate some from prior procedures, like the standard RQ (CIT 0171) or its cousin, RQ-lite (CIT 0520), including what was learned during the huge surge in pre-test RQ that occurred during the Harper government years. But the more we learn about what is happening in regards to this relatively new procedure, the more forum participants can help one another best navigate the way forward.