+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi everyone. I am considering the mandamus option. Can some of you who have experience in this or have heard of someone doin thisintroduce a good lawyer? I know someone already but I am not sure how experienced he is with mandamus route. I got an advice that only those who specialize in this filed should be trusted with sending such an application (for mandamus). Thanks!

Ali58

Aug 30, 2019
Hi everyone. I am considering the mandamus option. Can some of you who have experience in this or have heard of someone doin thisintroduce a good lawyer? I know someone already but I am not sure how experienced he is with mandamus route. I got an advice that only those who specialize in this filed should be trusted with sending such an application (for mandamus). Thanks!
Hi any update for you? Have you find a lawyer?

Mar 2, 2020
After searching for a good lawyer, I came to some conclusions which may help some other people and also they help me:

To my surprise, the creator of this forum Cambell Cohen does NOT help with citizenship cases which are already in process (which face RQ or citizenship judge hearings). The sighted liability issues?!!?!

As it seems, it is not easy to find a lawyer with an affordable price for citizenship cases:
After contacting a very reputable company B. in Toronto, they gave me a price close to $7,000 to review the case and another $7,000 in case to go to court (close to 14K total). When I tried to negotiate the price, they told me to go somewhere else!!!!!!

There are many federal court cases who have won against federal judges (and many who have lost) in the federal court registry website from whom I had never heard before. Bottom line is that they go by the word of mouth.

There is a website called bestlawyers (google search it) which introduces some names but a full search requires a subscription of $200 to show the full list.

I am still searching in Montreal and appreciate anyone with a positive experience.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi all,

What documentation do we need to keep a track of when it comes to applying for citizenship after 3 years?
Something like spreadsheet of daily work trips (Detroit-Windsor), receipts all expenditure in Windsor, will house mortgage help??
(Considering, I am newly PR holder, living in Windsor and working in Detroit and would like to keep a record of everything that can help ahead.)

Please assist.

Thanks

Ali58

Aug 30, 2019
Hi everyone, had a hearing on Feb 2020 and submitted more documents but no answer from immigration yet.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
After searching for a good lawyer, I came to some conclusions which may help some other people and also they help me:

To my surprise, the creator of this forum Cambell Cohen does NOT help with citizenship cases which are already in process (which face RQ or citizenship judge hearings). The sighted liability issues?!!?!

As it seems, it is not easy to find a lawyer with an affordable price for citizenship cases:
After contacting a very reputable company B. in Toronto, they gave me a price close to $7,000 to review the case and another $7,000 in case to go to court (close to 14K total). When I tried to negotiate the price, they told me to go somewhere else!!!!!!

There are many federal court cases who have won against federal judges (and many who have lost) in the federal court registry website from whom I had never heard before. Bottom line is that they go by the word of mouth.

There is a website called bestlawyers (google search it) which introduces some names but a full search requires a subscription of $200 to show the full list.

I am still searching in Montreal and appreciate anyone with a positive experience.
Hi , did you find any lawyers in montreal?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
They are highly recommended as they have handled many citizenship applications. Mr. Bergman, if he accepts the case, is a senior lawyer with over 30 years of experience.

Reactions: harirajmohan

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
For those who have hired an immigration lawyer for citizenship application, at what stage of the application you decided to consult a lawyer, and why?