+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ file transferred from St.Claire to Montreal office. Anyone in same boat

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did find it hard to believe, but I think the idea is that sending a file to another local office is supposed to be a temporary thing, and the receiving office wouldn't accept those files if it couldn't do them within a short period of time.

I was afraid, given that Montreal is receiving files from all over the country, that they had created a new specialized office there to take the excess load from local offices that simply didn't have the capacity to deal with their volume. It seems that every time CIC has created a "special processing centre" and diverted files there to address delays in a certain program, that new office becomes a black hole that no file leaves for year(s). However, it appears that this is a rather common practice, and some Ontario offices are also taking in files from other offices to expedite processing.

The guy from CIC that I referred to is the Director for one of the regions (I won't say which, LOL) so I tend to think that he won't BS me.

I also crashed another ceremony at the Edmonton office today (hadn't done it in a while) and the citizenship officer I spoke to this time wasn't too helpful (and seemed rather annoyed with me, actually). He did indicate that we are about to see a really significant increase in the speed with which things are handled. I'll believe it when I see it, of course.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
chikloo said:
I hope the person you met is correct. I have not seen CIC act that fast even for a regular file let alone a RQ file. Thing with higher up is they have to paint a rosy picture so that they can sleep at night peacefully. When in reality CIC does not have a 4 week turn around for even giving AOR.

Again for the sake of 1000s of us your contact is atleast 25% right. I will take a 16 week turn around happily.
4 weeks is unrealistic, at least in my case.

I took the test on the 5th of December in Montreal. Has a Pre-Test RQ in June. It's been close to 5 months...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not a person from another city, whose RQ was tranferred to Montreal for expediting purposes. I don't think this applies to you. you should follow the normal timings for RQ processing in Montreal.

janoo

May 16, 2014
you guys are lucky am most unlucky waiting for 40 months and every week

under discussion about my status with CIC representative and get same reply

in process...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are not lucky yet. Nobody has really seen any positive effect yet.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
you guys are lucky am most unlucky waiting for 40 months and every week

under discussion about my status with CIC representative and get same reply

in process...
I think you should go for Mandamus. See if you can represent yourself. Also if you are sure that your case is legitimate and have no pitfalls.
40 months is way over the processing times.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, guys. In Montreal they now have what they call CEN, Citizenship Exceptional Network. Files transferred there are residence cases and the staff at CEN is specially trained to review and assess the documents submitted in response to either an RQ or CIT 520.

I will be very curious to see how lenium's and chikloo's files progress over the following weeks (hopefully).

My RCMP clearance renewal is now completed, so I should be getting an oath invite soon. :p

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation..... enjoy your future life. well done :

any idea how long the RCMP took for clearance my file under RCMP since 4 weeks.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Okay, guys. In Montreal they now have what they call CEN, Citizenship Exceptional Network. Files transferred there are residence cases and the staff at CEN is specially trained to review and assess the documents submitted in response to either an RQ or CIT 520.

I will be very curious to see how lenium's and chikloo's files progress over the following weeks (hopefully).

My RCMP clearance renewal is now completed, so I should be getting an oath invite soon. :p
I will post my update for sure. I dont know what CEN signifies but if it brings some positive blood into processing of RQ (not specifically just mine and lenium) of all applicants waiting for years together.

Hope they dont make it another St. Cliar blackhole

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
I will post my update for sure. I dont know what CEN signifies but if it brings some positive blood into processing of RQ (not specifically just mine and lenium) of all applicants waiting for years together.

Hope they dont make it another St. Cliar blackhole
we really hope so. :)

Nest76

Apr 30, 2015
just been transferred from St Claire to Montreal this month.
My case is officially over 40 months, reaching 41 months on the 16th of april :) ;)

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know the exact date on which your file was transferred?

In my case, which probably isn't representative, the file was sent to Montreal on April 17, it was reviewed on April 24 and my application was approved on the same day. The file was received back in Edmonton on April 29, and the Edmonton office sent the oath invitation letter out today.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG bambino! Good news! I'm really happy for you!
I should call CIC soon and see if there is any news on my file!
I know my background check was expiring so that basically would delay it for a bit.

Good news and I'm so happy now!

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody else here heard anything? I called CIC today They had no new info.