+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ file transferred from St.Claire to Montreal office. Anyone in same boat

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My file was in St.Claire office for 6 months from 10/27/14 until last week. I came to know from the call center rep that St. Claire office put in a note that my file was transferred to montreal office and waiting for an officer to be assigned.

I dont know why they did not do it earlier and kept the file for 6 months and also how long does Montreal office take to process QA review.

Any reply is appreciated.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I atleast know the average processing time for RQs at Montreal office. Is there a way to contact them?

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Can I atleast know the average processing time for RQs at Montreal office. Is there a way to contact them?
Hi, check my signature.

I took the test 3 month after answering the RQ but my RQ came from Montreal's office.

Good luck !

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi, check my signature.

I took the test 3 month after answering the RQ but my RQ came from Montreal's office.

Good luck !
Is your local office Montreal? Mine is Scarborough. I don't know why they are sending it to Montreal.
Please do keep me updated on your case progress.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Is your local office Montreal? Mine is Scarborough. I don't know why they are sending it to Montreal.
Are you saying you never moved to Montreal or asked to transfer your file to Montreal? You need to contact them immediately if that is the case as this is an error.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Are you saying you never moved to Montreal or asked to transfer your file to Montreal? You need to contact them immediately if that is the case as this is an error.
Ill try calling them again and see if they have enough info.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
That's weird !

I am from Montreal, I thought you too.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Called CIC again. He confirmed that my file was sent to Montreal for RQ analysis on Apr 9 2015. He said it is not an error or mistake. It is intentional to share work load. He says it is a good sign that the file has been transferred to some other office which means the queue is shorter there. Which I do not believe. I asked him if there is a way to contact them and ask more details he says it can be done only after 36 months and if they have not worked on it till then.

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI.. Today I received my atip report showing responsible office Monte rial Call center

any idea : My local office Scarborough - file transfer to st.clair - now showing
responsible office Monte rial call centre ?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
HI.. Today I received my atip report showing responsible office Monte rial Call center

any idea : My local office Scarborough - file transfer to st.clair - now showing
responsible office Monte rial call centre ?
My file was also transferred recently. Dont know their processing times. I think we may get bounced around for a while before someone really wants to take up the processing. This does not make sense at all.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Called CIC again. He confirmed that my file was sent to Montreal for RQ analysis on Apr 9 2015. He said it is not an error or mistake. It is intentional to share work load. He says it is a good sign that the file has been transferred to some other office which means the queue is shorter there. Which I do not believe. I asked him if there is a way to contact them and ask more details he says it can be done only after 36 months and if they have not worked on it till then.
Makes no sense, might be a new procedure to speed up the process like the agent indicated. Thats fine as long as you dont have to go to Montreal to take the test.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My RQ was transferred to Montreal office from Edmonton office (My local office). I was told this is to share work load. I think it's a good sign as Edmonton office is swamped.

Keep me posted!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Makes no sense, might be a new procedure to speed up the process like the agent indicated. Thats fine as long as you dont have to go to Montreal to take the test.
I'm done with the test. So no need to go anywhere for test. Only concern is now Montreal is going to be swamped and dont know how long to process RQ, transfer to local offcie and schedule Oath. I think it is a long road ahead.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Yesterday I learned that my file was also transferred to Montreal, from Edmonton, last week.

I have communicated in the past with someone pretty high up in the CIC hierarchy, and shot him off an email last night. He has confirmed that this is a measure meant to expedite processing.

I asked him what the estimated time for turnaround/referral back to the originating local office was, and while he hesitated to quote a time, stated that the expectation is for a four-week turnaround.

Which is pretty damn impressive.

I do not know if he was talking about my file in particular (unlikely), files transferred from Edmonton (perhaps) or any file transferred to Montreal from anywhere in Canada (probably).

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Hi all,

Yesterday I learned that my file was also transferred to Montreal, from Edmonton, last week.

I have communicated in the past with someone pretty high up in the CIC hierarchy, and shot him off an email last night. He has confirmed that this is a measure meant to expedite processing.

I asked him what the estimated time for turnaround/referral back to the originating local office was, and while he hesitated to quote a time, stated that the expectation is for a four-week turnaround.

Which is pretty damn impressive.

I do not know if he was talking about my file in particular (unlikely), files transferred from Edmonton (perhaps) or any file transferred to Montreal from anywhere in Canada (probably).
I hope the person you met is correct. I have not seen CIC act that fast even for a regular file let alone a RQ file. Thing with higher up is they have to paint a rosy picture so that they can sleep at night peacefully. When in reality CIC does not have a 4 week turn around for even giving AOR.

Again for the sake of 1000s of us your contact is atleast 25% right. I will take a 16 week turn around happily.