+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF : Please advise safe method to mail or courier passports from Canada to USA

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174, 0213, 4121, 4122, 2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010, received on May 21, 2010
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
Hi All,
Can someone please advise a safe method of sending passports from Canada to USA. All Visa offices in USA only accepts normal mail and send back to Canada by normal mail without any tracking numbers. I have pasted relevant part of letter below. I know many cases where they lost passports and no way of knowing where they lost between USPS and Canada Post.

Hence now I am thinking of sending my passport to a friend in US (private courier) and then asking him to send and receive back passports from Visa Office (using USPS Express Mail)

Do you see any issues with this? or any better way? (without travelling to US)

Thanks a lot,
Tushar

=================RPRF LETTER=====================
If your mailing address is in Canada:

Persons currently residing in Canada with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
Please note that the visa office will not return your documents using any courier services.

greeki78

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
madhav said:
Hi All,
Can someone please advise a safe method of sending passports from Canada to USA. All Visa offices in USA only accepts normal mail and send back to Canada by normal mail without any tracking numbers. I have pasted relevant part of letter below. I know many cases where they lost passports and no way of knowing where they lost between USPS and Canada Post.

Hence now I am thinking of sending my passport to a friend in US (private courier) and then asking him to send and receive back passports from Visa Office (using USPS Express Mail)

Thanks a lot,
Tushar

Persons currently residing in Canada with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
Please note that the visa office will not return your documents using any courier services.
[/quote

Was your file transferred to Ottawa?Did you get PPR from Ottawa?

Email them and ask if you can include a return address USPS envelope.

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
I already emailed, no response yet
It was not ottawa, its los angeles visa office....

dennisa

Oct 9, 2012
Hello

I am on the same situation, I sent my passport to Los Angeles for PR visa. My status has just changed today into DM, not sure how long it takes to send the passport back to Canada? They will be using their regular priority USPS mail.

Let me know how it goes with you

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 2, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Los Angeles office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 13, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

soop

Jan 18, 2010
HI dennisa and madhav

My visa offcie is also Los angles.I have not received my PP request since 5 month.Guys could you help me providing your time line for medical done and pp request date??
thank you
soop

Rone

Aug 12, 2012
Hi dennisa, are you from Canada? I think my ecas was changed last oct 9. Please give us feedback when you get your passport back so that we can figure out the timeline from Los Angeles visa office of receiving back a passport. Thank you.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
I used FedEx to send it to them. I hate being at the mercy of public mail for the return but unfortunately there is no other option. Mine should be received by LA today. It seems like LA sent a lot of PPR at the same time. I hope they stamp the visas fast... :-X I am planning on Christmas travel and cannot buy tickets till I get my passport.

Good luck
Rod

madhav said:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot,
Tushar

CurtisBaker

Oct 24, 2012
The safest way to send passport is to land in the Canada once , otherwise you can move through tourist visa which might not pull you in the risk of crossing any illegal boundary.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
FEDEX is the wise choice.

I have used their services many times and it always worked out fine. 8)

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
Thanks everyone,
Here is my timeline.

Applied : April 2010
1st AOR : Oct 2010
Request for medical : April 2012
Medical finished : June 2012
Result sent : July 2012
Query received from CIC : July 2012
Query responded : Aug 2012
RPRF email received for passports : Sep 2012
Passports sent : Oct 2012
Status changed online to Decision Made : Nov 2012
Waiting to receive passports

btw anyone know how to update this in the profile that shows below the name?

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
[Solved] RPRF: Safe method to mail or courier passports from Canada

Hi All,
Just want to post this in case someone faces the same situation. I finally got my passports back from LA visa office using a USPS Express mail with tracking number!
Anyone who wants to get passport back to Canada from US visa office should do the following:
1. Ask someone in USA to buy and send ExpressMail International envelope affixed with stamp of 30 USD
2. Then fill your address in recipient and Visa office details in Sender
3. Next go to USPS and print CN22 form with all information.
4. Attach one copy of this form to the envelope. Note the label number of this form
5. Now put this envelope in UPS or FEDEX envelope and courier it to Visa Office and request them to send in enclosed prepaid return envelope of USPS
6. Now keep tracking with that number!
This is safest option of getting your passports reliably and in time

Thanks,
Madhav

soop

Jan 18, 2010
HI madhav
On which date they send your passport from los angles?how long it too for you to get passport from los angles to canada?

i am waiting for my passsport from los angles?

why they took so long time to send passport for you?more than two month right??

thank you
soop

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I did it through Canada post priority service. they charge around 70$ and they deliver it next day. I have sent mine yesterday and got delivered today!

madhav said:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot,
Tushar

madhav

Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
1-11-2010
Nomination.....
14-1-2011
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
17 Dec 2012
Hi Soop,
yes they took long...
from my experience they took action every time i send them a mail, when expected time was exceeded...