+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal Roads University September 2018 intakes

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
That's why.. I hate to apply through these Agents.. coz they conceal many things/facts from students.. You should have applied through some reputed agent such as IDP, I have heard that their policy strictly advises nothing is hidden from student about his/her application.. even applicant is supposed to do everything... they just provide guidelines... anyways.. Am not endorsing anyone... who is your agent? And did they charge you anything in the form of RR University Application Fees ?

And I am surprised why this university consumes so much time in processing students application. However, there are few who received the offer letters in just 3 weeks...
Feel like weird that they had put your application On Hold just coz you did not submit ur IELTS score, they could have requested this at later stage .. Oh my God...

Hey.. would they again take enormous time in sending final LOA?

And many thanks for sharing the concerned person's e-mail ID and I wish you the best for your Visa application... You would certainly get the visa :)
IDP is good with their work, they were the first person I approached to but they rejected me for Canada but I met the some other person who put me through for Australia but its really expensive to go there hence I had to use a different agent and paid them.

Right LOA takes about 3 weeks or to be issued but for decision making it takes about 6-8 weeks. I know someone who applied after me have actually moved in this September and thankfully they didn't put me into the pre-masters course otherwise I will have to shell out another $4-7K.

You should get your GIC account open soon. They opened my account with Scotia and the name is incorrect and one line of the address in missing. Mailed Scotia and they only updated my name but not the address. I have sent them another email and its more than 5 days and they haven't updated anything. Now I have to send them another email again.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
IDP is good with their work, they were the first person I approached to but they rejected me for Canada but I met the some other person who put me through for Australia but its really expensive to go there hence I had to use a different agent and paid them.

Right LOA takes about 3 weeks or to be issued but for decision making it takes about 6-8 weeks. I know someone who applied after me have actually moved in this September and thankfully they didn't put me into the pre-masters course otherwise I will have to shell out another $4-7K.

You should get your GIC account open soon. They opened my account with Scotia and the name is incorrect and one line of the address in missing. Mailed Scotia and they only updated my name but not the address. I have sent them another email and its more than 5 days and they haven't updated anything. Now I have to send them another email again.
This is Scotia bank's toll free no. (0008001008747) call on this number between Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm EDT.. Means call after 7 pm (Indian time)... The operator will ask some questions such as your passport no., date of birth, email Id etc. in order to verify your identity... After that you could ask the representative to check the status and if it is not updated then request them to process it fast...

And regarding my GIC... I am planning to show adequate funds in bank account rather than purchasing GIC.. Hey.. I need your help...

Can you please confirm from your agent.. God forbid it may happen, if my visa got refused then the fees i.e. $5000, which I would pay against reserving the seat would be refunded by university or not? Because I am not sure on this...
Secondly, if we are applying under University category then purchasing a GIC is mandatory or not?

Can u plz cross check with your consultant?

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
This is Scotia bank's toll free no. (0008001008747) call on this number between Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm EDT.. Means call after 7 pm (Indian time)... The operator will ask some questions such as your passport no., date of birth, email Id etc. in order to verify your identity... After that you could ask the representative to check the status and if it is not updated then request them to process it fast...

And regarding my GIC... I am planning to show adequate funds in bank account rather than purchasing GIC.. Hey.. I need your help...

Can you please confirm from your agent.. God forbid it may happen, if my visa got refused then the fees i.e. $5000, which I would pay against reserving the seat would be refunded by university or not? Because I am not sure on this...
Secondly, if we are applying under University category then purchasing a GIC is mandatory or not?

Can u plz cross check with your consultant?
Hey, from where did you get this number 0008001008747? how do you dial toll free number from mobile? I know its not free and in fact it cost more.
I was given a different number 001-416-288-4119 and they told me to dial 0 and speak to the operator and then ask them to connect to them with the given number without the country code. I do not know if it works but I will give it a try tomorrow.

I am actually think the same here since I am having problems with my bank here. But I have been told from the start that GIC is mandatory if I am applying from India and yes my agent did say I will be filed under the University category. Is there a difference between the University category and SDS? I thought there were only 2 categories SPP and SDS but she confirmed that SPP closed down. I will see what is the situation with my bank and maybe I will go there to meet her.

Did you get your offer letter yet because it mentioned there about the refund policies? So don't worry you will get your money back, stay positive.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Hey, from where did you get this number 0008001008747? how do you dial toll free number from mobile? I know its not free and in fact it cost more.
I was given a different number 001-416-288-4119 and they told me to dial 0 and speak to the operator and then ask them to connect to them with the given number without the country code. I do not know if it works but I will give it a try tomorrow.

I am actually think the same here since I am having problems with my bank here. But I have been told from the start that GIC is mandatory if I am applying from India and yes my agent did say I will be filed under the University category. Is there a difference between the University category and SDS? I thought there were only 2 categories SPP and SDS but she confirmed that SPP closed down. I will see what is the situation with my bank and maybe I will go there to meet her.

Did you get your offer letter yet because it mentioned there about the refund policies? So don't worry you will get your money back, stay positive.
Both the numbers are correct. But if you make the call using this number i.e. 001-416-288-4119, then the call charges would be Rs.8 per minute in case you dialing from India. And even in the past, when I used to seek some information from Scotia Bank I had to spend Rs 600 to make a call on this number. It's not as simple, when you make a call, operator would consume some time while extracting your data, first they would make sure about the callers identity by cross checking the details. So you end up spending much amount on just a single call.
But later on this forum, I found this Toll Free No. in one of the posts which was shared by one applicant. And it worked magically, this time when I made a call, it did not cost me a single penny. :) This forum is indeed a very useful. Call on this toll free no. and save your money.

Secondly, if it has been confirmed that GIC is mandatory then you may have been misguided by your consultant. If applying under University Category then be assured GIC is not compulsory, it is just recommended. Check the University's checklist, you will get to know the truth. It is SDS category where purchasing a GIC certificate, depositing one year tuition & fees and upfront medical is mandatory. However, I agree, you must open a GIC account in order to make your case stronger no matter you are applying in which category. So it is strongly recommended to purchase a GIC certificate.

In fact, there are not only two categories but three. One is University, other one is SDS and the third one is General Category. GIC is manatory only in SDS and in rest, it is just recommended. And you are right, with effect from June 08, 2018, SPP has been replaced by SDS but other categories are still same.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Both the numbers are correct. But if you make the call using this number i.e. 001-416-288-4119, then the call charges would be Rs.8 per minute in case you dialing from India. And even in the past, when I used to seek some information from Scotia Bank I had to spend Rs 600 to make a call on this number. It's not as simple, when you make a call, operator would consume some time while extracting your data, first they would make sure about the callers identity by cross checking the details. So you end up spending much amount on just a single call.
But later on this forum, I found this Toll Free No. in one of the posts which was shared by one applicant. And it worked magically, this time when I made a call, it did not cost me a single penny. :) This forum is indeed a very useful. Call on this toll free no. and save your money.

Secondly, if it has been confirmed that GIC is mandatory then you may have been misguided by your consultant. If applying under University Category then be assured GIC is not compulsory, it is just recommended. Check the University's checklist, you will get to know the truth. It is SDS category where purchasing a GIC certificate, depositing one year tuition & fees and upfront medical is mandatory. However, I agree, you must open a GIC account in order to make your case stronger no matter you are applying in which category. So it is strongly recommended to purchase a GIC certificate.

In fact, there are not only two categories but three. One is University, other one is SDS and the third one is General Category. GIC is manatory only in SDS and in rest, it is just recommended. And you are right, with effect from June 08, 2018, SPP has been replaced by SDS but other categories are still same.
Ok so its free to call from mobile on this number 0008001008747?

I asked again today if it is mandatory she said yes. I read somewhere if you have GIC it speeds up the process. My bank is giving so much problem and I don't trust the rates they give me. I am praying that it drops down since the rates they are charging me is ridiculous and I have to spend more. My agent told me there is still time for the GIC payment and she has asked me to go for medical check up first while I still sort things out with my bank.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Ok so its free to call from mobile on this number 0008001008747?

I asked again today if it is mandatory she said yes. I read somewhere if you have GIC it speeds up the process. My bank is giving so much problem and I don't trust the rates they give me. I am praying that it drops down since the rates they are charging me is ridiculous and I have to spend more. My agent told me there is still time for the GIC payment and she has asked me to go for medical check up first while I still sort things out with my bank.
Were you able to make a call to Scotia Bank...?

You could use the same number if calling from mobile...

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Were you able to make a call to Scotia Bank...?

You could use the same number if calling from mobile...
Hey, no I didn't call them since they responded to me yesterday with all the details that I needed. Thanks for your help though.

night1234

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
Is there any watsapp group for people going to start in Jan19.
I have applied for Jan and waiting for offer and would prefer to worry together with others in same situation

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hi all,
Is there any watsapp group for people going to start in Jan19.
I have applied for Jan and waiting for offer and would prefer to worry together with others in same situation
Hi there,
I know 2 other people who have applied for Jan intake but are you applying to RRU?

Thanks.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the information, isn’t home stay is for minor? Also I thought GIC should be from either ICICI or Scotia Bank. From what I have read in this forum, mostly had applied to Scotia and very few have used ICICI. I wasn’t aware of any other options back then. Thanks again!