+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal Roads University September 2018 intakes

Aug 2, 2018
Hi I'm navaneeth krishnan from Kerala, India. I will be attending Master of Global Management (MGM) program at RRU starting this September. If anyone from India or kerala specifically are joining this university, please let me know.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Hi I'm navaneeth krishnan from Kerala, India. I will be attending Master of Global Management (MGM) program at RRU starting this September. If anyone from India or kerala specifically are joining this university, please let me know.
Hi Navaneeth,

Bro.. you seems a right person who could answer my queries amicably.
I am also planning to pursue Master of Global Management from Royal Roads University, can you please confirm, in how many days did you receive your offer letter or LOA from Uni. after applying?

Dear, if am getting right, university mentions the annual estimate $27k in the Offer letter which covers tuition fees and living expenses then it means the expenses for the whole program is approx $54,000 including everything. However, the tuition & fees for the program (Master of Global Management) is $32,000 not $54,000, and the first semester fees is only 5000 CAD ... Am I right.???

Moreover, would they take approx. one month in issuing me an offer letter...?? what is the total tuition and fees mentioned on the offer letter (please confirm the fees by semester vise and also confirm the living expenses mentioned on the LOA?

Moreover, bro how much liquid funds did you show in the embassy?

I am asking these questions just because I also want to make my case stronger because unfortunately I have earlier got Visa refusals multiple times :(

I would request you humbly to answer my queries. Bro sorry to disturb you but please help.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018
Sure.
I got the offer letter 3 weeks after application. It generally takes somewhat that duration. You are right about the expenses. British Columbia in general is expensive to live in. Total fees for the program is $32,180 which equates to approximately 17 lakhs. Once u get the offer letter, u have to pay $5,000 to confirm ur seat there. They haven't mentioned the semester wise split of tuition fees in the offer letter. I had $10,000 in my GIC account. I submitted it along with around 16lakhs in cash in my account after paying $5,000. So all in all my total funds is around 25lakhs including gic, first term tuition fees which is paid.
Living costs mentioned by them is $700 for rent, another $750 for other expenses like food, mobile, insurance etc. So a total.of $1450 per month. This vary from person to person. U get rooms with $500 rent per month as well and we can cut down other expenses too. Its how we manage , that's what matters. But I would agree with you, this is an expensive affair. U need to have 25-30lakhs to be on the safer side.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Sure.
I got the offer letter 3 weeks after application. It generally takes somewhat that duration. You are right about the expenses. British Columbia in general is expensive to live in. Total fees for the program is $32,180 which equates to approximately 17 lakhs. Once u get the offer letter, u have to pay $5,000 to confirm ur seat there. They haven't mentioned the semester wise split of tuition fees in the offer letter. I had $10,000 in my GIC account. I submitted it along with around 16lakhs in cash in my account after paying $5,000. So all in all my total funds is around 25lakhs including gic, first term tuition fees which is paid.
Living costs mentioned by them is $700 for rent, another $750 for other expenses like food, mobile, insurance etc. So a total.of $1450 per month. This vary from person to person. U get rooms with $500 rent per month as well and we can cut down other expenses too. Its how we manage , that's what matters. But I would agree with you, this is an expensive affair. U need to have 25-30lakhs to be on the safer side.
Thanks dear for your kind explanation.

I've successfully applied for the program i.e. Master of Global Management, around in the middle of July, but since then I haven't received any update from them even I'm regularly checking the status of my application on University's website under students "my admin account" where I first generated a username & password then I had applied to this program through that portal but till date it is reflecting a same message 'Application Incomplete", however, after applying in the portal, I was intimated that I need to combine all my Academic & Work exp. documents in to one pdf file and then send it to "International Admissions" office via e-mail. I am worried, I don't know what happened wrong with my application.

Can u plz suggest? Was it happened with ur application as well?

Moreover, did you also send letter of references & official transcripts before receiving your offer letter or letter of acceptance? May I know how you actually applied and which exactly documents and precise steps you followed before submitting your application? Actually the issue is I have applied on my own, I did not take any agent or consultant services that's why I wanna check whether I also submitted my file appropriately or not?

Regards.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018
When they issue the offer letter, they would mention some conditions. Did u meet all of them?
I sent them all my academic and professional docs, not in a single pdf file. They were sent separately. My application was straightforward. Did not have any hiccups. I got the offer letter for may intake initially. But couldn't file visa on time, so I sent them a mail to defer my admission to sept intake. They issued a new offer letter within a day with new dates.
I sent the letter of references and transcripts only after receiving the letter of acceptance within the date they have given me.
I can't give u a full step by step procedure in detail simply because my university application and visa filing were done by a consultancy. They gave me a long list of documents and things to do. I did as they said and sent the files to them. So i have no idea on that.

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Hloo,I also apply for MGM for sep intake,royals road university but still waiting for visa:mad:

Aug 2, 2018
Hloo,I also apply for MGM for sep intake,royals road university but still waiting for visa:mad:
It took me exactly 2 months to get the visa approved. I applied on May 19th, got it approved on July 19th. It's all about luck. Some people get it very early in a matter of days or weeks, for some it can take months

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Yup I applied on 20 June but only medical clear nothing more,moreover I got 2nd time acknowledgement letter

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
When they issue the offer letter, they would mention some conditions. Did u meet all of them?
I sent them all my academic and professional docs, not in a single pdf file. They were sent separately. My application was straightforward. Did not have any hiccups. I got the offer letter for may intake initially. But couldn't file visa on time, so I sent them a mail to defer my admission to sept intake. They issued a new offer letter within a day with new dates.
I sent the letter of references and transcripts only after receiving the letter of acceptance within the date they have given me.
I can't give u a full step by step procedure in detail simply because my university application and visa filing were done by a consultancy. They gave me a long list of documents and things to do. I did as they said and sent the files to them. So i have no idea on that.
Bro, from where did you get the transcripts and letter of references because I sent scan copies of my degrees and mark sheets (high school to my last completed education.)

Please help.

Aug 2, 2018
Bro, from where did you get the transcripts and letter of references because I sent scan copies of my degrees and mark sheets (high school to my last completed education.)

Please help.
The transcripts are more of an attested version of the mark lists that you have with you. I too sent the scanned copies of mark lists and other certificates. But they specifically asked for transcripts. So I had to apply for it and got the transcripts from my university. They didn't give it to me in hand. I gave the royal roads address and my university sent it to them all stamped and sealed. I was working previously, so I submitted a letter of reference from my company and also from a professor at my college. If you have work experience , its best to include 1 academic reference and 1 professional reference.

Reactions: Krishna13

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
The transcripts are more of an attested version of the mark lists that you have with you. I too sent the scanned copies of mark lists and other certificates. But they specifically asked for transcripts. So I had to apply for it and got the transcripts from my university. They didn't give it to me in hand. I gave the royal roads address and my university sent it to them all stamped and sealed. I was working previously, so I submitted a letter of reference from my company and also from a professor at my college. If you have work experience , its best to include 1 academic reference and 1 professional reference.
Thank you navaneeth for replying ,

Did university charge any thing in order to issue transcripts? And did you send letter of references at the time of applying? Or Can we send it at later stage also? Because I have not forwarded letter of references and Transcripts to Royal Roads University.

Regards.

Aug 2, 2018
Thank you navaneeth for replying ,

Did university charge any thing in order to issue transcripts? And did you send letter of references at the time of applying? Or Can we send it at later stage also? Because I have not forwarded letter of references and Transcripts to Royal Roads University.

Regards.
Of course they charge you. My transcripts were infact very expensive. If you have the offer letter, they would have mentioned a date. The transcripts and reference letters should reach there before that date. Thats it.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Of course they charge you. My transcripts were infact very expensive. If you have the offer letter, they would have mentioned a date. The transcripts and reference letters should reach there before that date. Thats it.
Thanks Navaneeth for always suggesting me.. :)

Bro, how much did your university charge in order to issue you a transcripts? I would get a fair idea. I am actually yet to receive an offer letter, my application status is showing "Application Incomplete" , I don't know why. :(

Bro, what was the IELTS score?

Aug 2, 2018
Thanks Navaneeth for always suggesting me.. :)

Bro, how much did your university charge in order to issue you a transcripts? I would get a fair idea. I am actually yet to receive an offer letter, my application status is showing "Application Incomplete" , I don't know why. :(

Bro, what was the IELTS score?
It varies from university to university. Mine charged rs 1500 for one marklist. So if u have 7 marklists in total(assuming u are an engineer with zero backlogs), then it would cost rs 10500 in my university. The only way to find out why your application is shown as "incomplete" is by contacting the admissions department.
My ielts overall is 7.5 (L 9, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 6.5)

Reactions: Krishna13

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
It varies from university to university. Mine charged rs 1500 for one marklist. So if u have 7 marklists in total(assuming u are an engineer with zero backlogs), then it would cost rs 10500 in my university. The only way to find out why your application is shown as "incomplete" is by contacting the admissions department.
My ielts overall is 7.5 (L 9, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 6.5)
Thanks Navaneeth for confirming. I will surely check with admissions officer that why my application has been pending. :(

Reactions: ak_47