+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO violation of 2 days with previous recent visit

Bruhaspati

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Please suggest if while entering Canada if there is RO violation of 2 days with entering Toronto in Mid April-2019 for good (with all packing and suitcases) and there was previous visit in Feb-2019 for about a month at my very close friends place at Burlington. Landing done in March 2016.

In such case, is it fine to mention in customs form now while entering "Where do you stay" as Canada, Burlington (also have job offer in place)?

I am indeed planning to stay with them and went back to my home country for wrapping things there.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
If your calculations are correct, and if indeed you can only get 728 days of presence in Canada in the relevant 5-year period; as the law stands, you will be in violation of the residency obligation. There is, therefore, a risk of being reported and the process being initiated to revoke status and remove you from Canada.

It's as good as anyone's guess whether or not the CBSA officer will initiate the report proceedings. You've already had three years to establish yourself in Canada and you haven't taken the opportunity, so that could weigh against you in an officer's decision.

As to what to fill in on the E311 Customs declaration form, when I landed I filled in my new address in Canada as my home address, but I was being sent to secondary anyway to complete landing procedures and had lists of goods I was importing so it wasn't really relevant to the officer. Also remember that you're going to have to declare the value of everything you're bringing in and any currency over CAD 10,000.