+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO not fulfilled, PR card expiring next year... any option?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't think it's too hard, apply for your wife's PRTD and provide your H&C reasons for why you both couldn't meet your RO.

See what they say.

At least you know you did what you could.

Reactions: arsal385

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your valuable response. Really appreciate it.
My wife landed with me in May 2016 and she was pragnent at that. I was working in the UK and was on 1 week off. So she actually spent 1 week in Canada with me. Got her SIN and we came back to UK because of my job commitment. So her PR status is also expiring in May 2021 alongwith me. But hasnt got PR card as she never received it.

We wanted to go back to Canada after some time but I got a lucrative job offer from KSA for 2 years contract so we went there for couple of years with a view to go back to Canada after 2 years of my contract.

However, as soon as I completed my contract, my mother was hospilized with serious condition so we came back to Pakistan to look after her as She had an arthritis and couldnt do anything on her own. I looked after her for year and a half untill she passed away in February this year.
Then whole scenario changed because of Covid-19 and it was too late already as I almost spent 3.6 yrs outside Canada.

To be honest I already missed my last chance going back to Canada in May 2019 in order to spend my last 2 years of PR in the Canada and fix my RO.

All in all I believe its too hard now to make an attempt specially due to the situation of my wife PRTD and my daughter who was born after acquiring our PR status.
You will need to prove more than arthritis to get H&C consideration. As mentioned before showing she didn't have any children in Pakistan, not having a spouse who could care for her, etc. so you had to return to Pakistan.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
You will need to prove more than arthritis to get H&C consideration. As mentioned before showing she didn't have any children in Pakistan, not having a spouse who could care for her, etc. so you had to return to Pakistan.
Thanks brother for your supportive responses. Actually my father already passed away in 2007. My 3 sisters are in Canada and USA. Once brother was in Pakistan but extremely busy in his business. So he didnt get enough time to look after my mother. So I sacrificed my career and spent time with mother to look after her. She was unable to do anything even not eating food by herself. Obviously she needed someone to 24 hrs look after her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks brother for your supportive responses. Actually my father already passed away in 2007. My 3 sisters are in Canada and USA. Once brother was in Pakistan but extremely busy in his business. So he didn't get enough time to look after my mother. So I sacrificed my career and spent time with mother to look after her. She was unable to do anything even not eating food by herself. Obviously she needed someone to 24 hrs look after her.
Not a brother first of all. The fact that you did have a brother in Pakistan may be a concern since he is living in Pakistan and he could have either arranged for help while he was busy while also caring for her or if he had a spouse she may have been able to help. All you can do explain why you were the one who needed to sacrifice versus your other sibling especially the one already in Pakistan. It seems incredibly unlikely that your mother's health issues were only due to arthritis. Your wife will also need to explain why she has only applied for PRTD now versus earlier.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Not a brother first of all. The fact that you did have a brother in Pakistan may be a concern since he is living in Pakistan and he could have either arranged for help while he was busy while also caring for her or if he had a spouse she may have been able to help. All you can do explain why you were the one who needed to sacrifice versus your other sibling especially the one already in Pakistan. It seems incredibly unlikely that your mother's health issues were only due to arthritis. Your wife will also need to explain why she has only applied for PRTD now versus earlier.
Instead of putting myself into such defending and limbo state which is full of uncertainty, I think Its better to give up this attempt. I am not that desperate to go to Canada and stuck there for ages without a family.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok first of all, his mother got ill in 2019 (so that is less than 1 year of H&C reasons). Pandemic got travelling complicated but not impossible (there was a good and nice window during summer to do the move).
What about the whole period between 2016 - 2019, which was just about money making (which they could have done in Canada)? If they still have valid PR card come immediately (something they should have done last year already). Normal advise for such cases would be to use USA - Canada border, except current situation is very difficult when it comes to arrive to USA.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Ok first of all, his mother got ill in 2019 (so that is less than 1 year of H&C reasons). Pandemic got travelling complicated but not impossible (there was a good and nice window during summer to do the move).
What about the whole period between 2016 - 2019, which was just about money making (which they could have done in Canada)? If they still have valid PR card come immediately (something they should have done last year already). Normal advise for such cases would be to use USA - Canada border, except current situation is very difficult when it comes to arrive to USA.
Dear Vansek, thanks to summarize my case - much appreciated. I just wanted to make some clarification on it. To be honest, I really wanted to comeback to Canada in well before June 2019 which is 2 years prior to my PR expiry in June 2021 in order to mantain my RO. However, my mother got hospitalized in August 2018, which resulted in her permanent disability which propelled me to stay and look after her. I have been unemployed since August 2018 and was only focusing on her support. But her health deteriorated and finally passed away in February 2020. I have all the documentary evidence with me to support my case. I also have British passport which allows me to enter USA. But like you said, its very difficult to cross the US Canada border due to current situation.

Calgarybabe

Apr 20, 2015
Come to Canada first and then your wife should follow by entering Canada through the US with her COPR (hopefully she has a valid US visa).

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Come to Canada first and then your wife should follow by entering Canada through the US with her COPR (hopefully she has a valid US visa).
Thanks. She hasnt got US visa and not from US visa exempt country. My daughter was born outside Canada and hasnt got PR status. My son has PR card though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. She hasnt got US visa and not from US visa exempt country. My daughter was born outside Canada and hasnt got PR status. My son has PR card though.
Your daughter needs a TRV to come to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your daughter may struggle to get a TRV. You will need to be compliant with your RO to qualify to sponsor your daughter.

abdo_85

Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
I know my case is almost over but just for curiosity I am wondering if there is still any chance left to get back to Canada. Me and my family landed to Canada as a PR in May 2016. However, we did landing formalities and left Canada after a week.

Then I got a job in KSA for couple of years from 2016-2018. I wanted to go back to Canada in 2019 but my mother got seriously ill and paralyzed. I left my job in KSA and came to Pakistan to look after her. She passed away in February 2020. and after that this Covid-19 thing arrived, so I was unable to travel throughout.

I am wondering if there is still any chance to get back to Canada, although PR card is still valid until May 2021 but due to not meeting RO,I am expecting strict interrogation from Immigration officers and ultimately denial of entry which may impact my whole family.

So should I give it a try or give up?
Hi , would you please update us, did you get in Canada without troubles ?