+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
1. is it worth putting in a photocopy of your Canadian spouse's passport?
2. Question 11 - is immediate family literally the applicant, spouse, and children only? (i.e. don't include mother, father, etc like in question 10)?
3. Question 16 - is it OK just to put the spouse's latest job? Do we need to give spouse's latest T4?

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
mirmukaramali said:
Does anyone has update on their time line?
who ever applied in april 2010???

please update.
I applied on feb. 2010 and still waiting. If anyone same as with , then good to know?

Gol

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hey, medigol, sorry to hear your case. I applied in October 2011, did the test in may 2013 and got RQ on the spot. submitted RQ documents in June and have been waiting since. my file is in STC.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
ZYXWVU98 said:
hey, medigol, sorry to hear your case. I applied in October 2011, did the test in may 2013 and got RQ on the spot. submitted RQ documents in June and have been waiting since. my file is in STC.
I got my RQ on March 2010 and still waiting , it is more than 2 years difference. They put on the website 36 month but for me is around 48 month till now.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
medigol, maybe you want to try filing mandamus, one guy on this forum did it and immediately received notice for CJ hearing. if you really need citizenship, you have the financial resources and your citizenship case is solid, you should do the same. make sure bring a lawyer with you when you have to see the CJ. most of the CJs I believe are reasonable person. but you can't let one of the ignorant ones ruin your life.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
ZYXWVU98 said:
medigol, maybe you want to try filing mandamus, one guy on this forum did it and immediately received notice for CJ hearing. if you really need citizenship, you have the financial resources and your citizenship case is solid, you should do the same. make sure bring a lawyer with you when you have to see the CJ. most of the CJs I believe are reasonable person. but you can't let one of the ignorant ones ruin your life.
Thanks for your comments, I will do that if I do not receive till end of this month, what is the mandamus? is it really necessary , I sent letter to them they told me my application is under process, but it is good if you tell me how I should do that?

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
I also never did it, but I will do the google search and find a reputable law firm (not consultant!!!) to file the case for me.

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand one thing....One of the risk to getting a RQ is travel or unemployment within the 4 years.

In my case I landed in Feb 2009 got my PR card and went back. Finally moved in May 2011 and stayed on. With the short trips made to the US and back home for 2 weeks. I will be able to apply in July 2014 this year. Therefore my 4 years will start from July 2010 to July 2014. I was unemployed back home till I moved in May 2011 as I actually resigned and was about to move but did not due to financial reasons. But since I have been here during the qualifying 3 years plus I have been with one employer full time since I arrived in May 2011.

What are my chances of getting and RQ and if anyone can advise me what I need to do to lower my risk of getting one please?

Also we will be applying as a family. Does it mean if I get a RQ that my spouse and kids will also be held back or just mine?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
I don't understand one thing....One of the risk to getting a RQ is travel or unemployment within the 4 years.

In my case I landed in Feb 2009 got my PR card and went back. Finally moved in May 2011 and stayed on. With the short trips made to the US and back home for 2 weeks. I will be able to apply in July 2014 this year. Therefore my 4 years will start from July 2010 to July 2014. I was unemployed back home till I moved in May 2011 as I actually resigned and was about to move but did not due to financial reasons. But since I have been here during the qualifying 3 years plus I have been with one employer full time since I arrived in May 2011.

What are my chances of getting and RQ and if anyone can advise me what I need to do to lower my risk of getting one please?

Also we will be applying as a family. Does it mean if I get a RQ that my spouse and kids will also be held back or just mine?
I have been working and studying here...traveled back to home land for a few weeks for vacation and I got RQ so the reason of getting one can be very random...unexpected.

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
I have been working and studying here...traveled back to home land for a few weeks for vacation and I got RQ so the reason of getting one can be very random...unexpected.
That is indeed very sad. Hope they start speeding up. I think they seems to have. But if you get an RQ does the whole family's application get held up too or just the one member they RQ?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
That is indeed very sad. Hope they start speeding up. I think they seems to have. But if you get an RQ does the whole family's application get held up too or just the one member they RQ?
Someone mentioned in this forum that if one member gets RQ, it will postpone others...so the person who gets RQ should ask for the application to be separate.

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
Hi All,

The question I am going to ask might have been answered already, but I couldnt figure it out. So please clarify:

I got my PR in March 07, but I came to live permanently in Canada on Dec 09 and my citizenship application date is Aug 6, 2014.

1). RQ is asking for the supporting documents from 2009 July 31 to 2013 July 31. In this situation what kind of supporting documents, do I put for the period 2009 July to Dec 2009?

2). Does 45 days due date counts for only working days or straight 45 days.

I appreciate ay response on the above.

Thank You.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope13 said:
2). Does 45 days due date counts for only working days or straight 45 days.
It is 45 business days per the RQ form itself (CIT 0171 09-2012) and OB 476.

Does the cover letter still state 45 days or have they finally corrected that?

Correction: OB 476B says 45 calendar days. OB 476 has been superseded.