+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fasnoon said:
The RQ cover letter had a return address in Mississauga, so I sent everything there as there was no other address mentioned.
You sent it to the right place.
fasnoon said:
Does that mean my file has been (or is going to be) transferred here to Mississauga, my city of residence?
Yes, it has been transferred to your local office.
fasnoon said:
Also, I checked my application status (after 1 full year, in FEB 2014) and it just says IN PROCESS. It does not give me any update of CIC getting my RQ documents...
CIC does not acknowledge receipt of RQ on ecas.
fasnoon said:
I assume the courier package I sent has arrived where it was suppose to go,
RQ recipients alway need to get tracking numbers and signature with anything they send to CIC. It's important to have your own proof that CIC received it. This has been helpful to people when CIC has lost their RQ and then threatened to close their files.
fasnoon said:
I know the RQ applicants are non-routine and have to wait longer, but then I read somewhere on this forum about RQ applicants who got a RQ after me later in 2013... but are now taking the test in early 2014. Is this normal, or is it a rare case depending on the version of the RQ an applicant receives. Typically, when a file is sent to the local address, how much longer does it take as opposed to a file that is still sitting in Sydney (NS)?
CIC releases almost no dependable information on RQ processing timelines, so no one can predict what any individual's processing time will be. Please be wary of answers that use anecdotal evidence to tell you what will happen with you, or extrapolate generalities from their personal experience (i.e. "This happened to me, so it will also happen that way to the 40,000+ other RQ recipients").

fasnoon

Jul 31, 2007
Hello Eileenf,

Thank you for your prompt reply,
I really appreciate it... :)

Do you have any idea if CIC would acknowledge receipt of the RQ
documents if I were to call them and ask for a verbal confirmation?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fasnoon said:
Do you have any idea if CIC would acknowledge receipt of the RQ
documents if I were to call them and ask for a verbal confirmation?
Yes. You can ask them if they've received it or to tell you what the most recent notes on your files are. You may be a Call Centre agent who is more helpful, or one who refuses to tell you, but they do have the ability to do so.

Jun 24, 2013
We went through the pre-test RQ process. It was really stressful preparing the document and we had to renew our PR card earlier this year. We have just been informed to take the test on April 2nd, 2014, so I'm throwing our timeline out there to help those who are waiting.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2011.
We started processing your application on July 4, 2012.
Received RQ in July 2012
*Sent back the documents except the records from CBSA in August 2012
*Sent the border records from CBSA in September 2012
We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 2, 2014

ashehabi

Apr 10, 2014
Hello :

I made the citizenship test on 02/21/2014 and 10 days later I received the RQ without any reason . I left Canada only once and I passed the test and the jury who met me said that everything was ok and we need ust the signature of the judge and to wait for the ceremony .
I sent the RQ with the supporting documents last week and I am wondering how long it will take aprox as I am applying in Montreal

jj2112

Mar 25, 2014
ashehabi said:
Hello :

I made the citizenship test on 02/21/2014 and 10 days later I received the RQ without any reason . I left Canada only once and I passed the test and the jury who met me said that everything was ok and we need ust the signature of the judge and to wait for the ceremony .
I sent the RQ with the supporting documents last week and I am wondering how long it will take aprox as I am applying in Montreal
It really depends. For the people from the same country and live in the same city, some might need only wait for several weeks for the oath letter, some others might need to wait for years. You can also see the regular precessing time in Montreal, some are super fast, while others are slow.

Quebec resident

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hi Ashehabi
I guess that they have like instruction to issue RQ to people from certain countries , it depens on where are you from , not on all requierment they mention in law
I can even say it is a punishment according to your origine

fasnoon

Jul 31, 2007
eileenf said:
Yes. You can ask them if they've received it or to tell you what the most recent notes on your files are. You may be a Call Centre agent who is more helpful, or one who refuses to tell you, but they do have the ability to do so.
Yes... I called them. The person on the phone was helpful. They said that the file is an RQ file and is considered non-routine and that the timeline for non-routine files are approx. 36 months. Also, she said (which is the info I was looking for), that they had received additional documents in July of 2013. There she was referring to the RQ documents I had submitted. Some have been lucky, (from what I have seen on this forum) and have been called a few months after providing their RQ documents and others are still sitting.

Now lets see what happens to me...

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
couzin said:
Hello everyone;

I just sent my application this month, but i have a feeling that i m going to receive RQ, i make the mistake to send my driver licence just renewed 1 month ago.
i don't know the existence of this questionnaire and all those delays before i applied
Hey Couzin,
How did it go? did you get a RQ ?
I have a recently issued DL like you.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec resident said:
Hi Ashehabi
I guess that they have like instruction to issue RQ to people from certain countries , it depens on where are you from , not on all requierment they mention in law
I can even say it is a punishment according to your origine
I think you got point. I read in news that CIC targeted 5000 PR mostly from middle eastern countries (also from Pakistan/India) under investigation as CIC suspect these PR are not living in Canada and about 3000 citizen who got citizenship with false information. That could be the reason targeting peoples from middle eastern countries for RQ even having strong proof of 1095 days.

MoShAr

Apr 2, 2014
ashehabi said:
Hello :

Hi ashehabi,

We have another thread called: RQ after test (January 2014) in montreal, you can go there and share your info

Thanks

MoShAr

Apr 2, 2014
citizenhopeful said:
We went through the pre-test RQ process. It was really stressful preparing the document and we had to renew our PR card earlier this year. We have just been informed to take the test on April 2nd, 2014, so I'm throwing our timeline out there to help those who are waiting.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2011.
Received RQ in July 2012
*Sent back the documents except the records from CBSA in August 2012
*Sent the border records from CBSA in September 2012
We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 2, 2014
Hi Citizenshiphopeful,

How did your test/ interview go?

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we Handed Over our RQ documents personally at Scarborough Town Centre? If send through Canada Post, will be very expensive.

Shakeel Azhar

Jun 24, 2013
We finally got the invitation to the citizenship ceremony. Here's our timeline. Hopefully it helps those we are going through what we went through:

Citizenship

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2011

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 23, 2014

janoo

May 16, 2014
congratulation your long wait is over and prey that my wait should be over too.

am waiting since january 2012..

no news nothing to date. received rq in march 2013 and send april 2013.

nothing since than.....