+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@via08 so all 4 years you were staying with your friend? I would put "Guest" in this case and a letter from her stating we are sharing rent, or you can also make a rental agreement(sub lease) and ask her to sign that since you are paying her the rent it shouldn't be a problem.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Mary Chad said:
@ via08 so all 4 years you were staying with your friend? I would put "Guest" in this case and a letter from her stating we are sharing rent, or you can also make a rental agreement(sub lease) and ask her to sign that since you are paying her the rent it shouldn't be a problem.
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply!

Since Feb 2009 we're sharing on paying our apartment.. We started from renting a basement from Feb-Dec 2009 without any rental/lease agreement and paying her cash.. Then now we moved to another place, to a real apartment and I asked my landlord if he can provide us a rental agreement and he said he's willing to give it to me, but still I'm paying cash to my friend:D.. I called CIC call center, the lady said just give them a letter stating that I'm paying cash to my friend.. Maybe I'll just include a letter on my documents stating my situation.. and you're right maybe its a good idea to ask my friend if she can provide me a letter too..

And I'm still wondering if I still need to provide a Health records on Questionnaire 24 coz I didn't join any organizations, volunteer groups etc.. since my arrival... I thought this health records is applicable only for questionnaire 24... But anyway, I sent a request already in Ministry of Health to send me a copy just in case...

And about this Bank/Credit card statement, should I have to send them for the whole four years statement? :eek: .. too many, but I photo copied them all:D

Anyone can suggest pls... thanks a lot... it really much appreciated.. and good luck to all!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohip record is the most important and sort of mandatory so please send them..
i know bank and CC for four years is alot but again they asking for it, i have 3 major CC
and 2 bank accounts so you can imagine, almost 300 pages for these only, plus 4 years
phone and other bills this is ridiculous but no other options

parallax713

Jun 22, 2012
Hi,
I got a residence questionnaire... from everything I have read, I assume I am being picked on for being a US citizen. I have been living in Canada for over five years (with my Canadian husband), and absolutely zero doubt I was here the number of days necessary. We kept really careful track of every little trip we took.
I applied for Citizenship in early April 2011, they acknowledged receipt in May 2011, and then I got notification that they started processing it (finally) in late May 2012, at which point I got the dreaded RQ.
I have two questions:
1) Am I going to have lots of glorious trouble with the fact that I have only gotten my passport stamped about 1/5 of the time that I have crossed the CA/US border?
2) Is it a problem that I can't seem to collect any of the required forms in time? I know I have 45 days to hand this thing in, and I contacted CBSA and the US equivalent the day I got the RQ, but CBSA has requested more information from me and just told me they are extending the time period in which they said they'd get it done by 30 days because "the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the agency." (Yeah, well, this is unreasonably interfering with my life... I am waiting for a government position, and they cannot hire me until I have my citizenship...) In addition, I have a confirmation of acceptance of my border history request from the US, and nothing yet from my health clinic, and I really doubt CIC is going to care much about the other documentation I have managed to collect.
Right now, it looks like I'll be sending this off with none of the actually required documentation. Anyone think it's good enough to send proof that I'm trying to get it, and then send it later, although the RQ letter expressly says that supporting documents must be received within 45 days as well?
Thanks.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get letter from your Dr. office they keep records for all the visit, even tho OHIP is a must, but you can submit that later on since they
don't touch file right away(after 1 year)same thing you can do with CBSA, it took 4 weeks for me tho..they say 6-8 week,
Are you renting on own home?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can add that, also car home insurance, bank statements CC statements...Gym member ship. Don't rush submitting the documents, wait till last week to see if you get the reports

parallax713

Jun 22, 2012
Thanks, Mary.
I rent... one problem is that the lease on the apartment we lived in for the last five years is in my husband's name, and I got a letter from the landlord stating I lived there, but who knows if CIC will care about that...
I am waiting until the last minute to send everything I have in, but the last minute is coming up in a few days...
I am sure I will not get my health records in time. But I'll just send them when I do.
Anyway, it's not the sort of thing one has control over, so I guess I can only do my best, get them everything I have, and send other stuff as it arrives... trying to just stay calm and come up with alternative life plans, since it looks like it's going to be a while for this citizenship thing. I thought PR was the hard part, and this was the easy part!

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Hi parallax,

Same with me, I'm still waiting for the documents I am requesting in CBSA, and its 1 month already I haven't gotten anything from them:( Today is already 45 days:( I gather all the documents except the documents from CBSA is missing... All the documents are still with me, I'm gonna wait for the other missing document.. I'm just fed up because they didn't give us much time, 45 days isn't enough... The letter which is attached on the RQ was dated May 17, 2012 and I got them May 25, 2012, I lost 8 days already from the given time and they wanted to provide them within 45 days lol... I got my OHIP medical history after 3 weeks, its much faster than CBSA...

Good luck to us!

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Hi KingMaker,

60 days? OMG... Can I just send these all documents that I have, or I just wait for CBSA? Its due already:(

Any suggestion pls? Thanks!

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Hi Mary Chad,

I just wanna ask, do you have a sample letter for immigration explaining a situation regarding sharing rent? Coz I remembered you were sharing rent and paid cash to her without any proof of payment.. Did you send them a letter regarding this?

Any help and suggestion? thanks!!

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
via08, I would suggest u that if u r running out of deadline then send all other docs n explain in the covering letter that as soon as u get the CBSA report u wud send it to them.......

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi via08,

I think you should send all documents without CBSA document and explain them in letter that you will provide remaining information as soon as you receive these documents.

Thank you
IBM.