+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
Hi Cana and coco,

I have been waiting for 15 months as well but what can we do? The call centre agents keep saying " sorry, we can not say how long RQ process can take" :( They can not even tell me if CIC has started working on my RQ file. However, I have heard from this and other forums it can take 12-18 months.

Do you really think going to the MP will help?

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
rodri said:
Hi Cana and coco,

I have been waiting for 15 months as well but what can we do? The call centre agents keep saying " sorry, we can not say how long RQ process can take" :( They can not even tell me if CIC has started working on my RQ file. However, I have heard from this and other forums it can take 12-18 months.

Do you really think going to the MP will help?
Were you required to see a Citizenship Judge, that is, you didn't meet 1095 days of physical residency requirement? If so, I've heard it can take a year to see a CJ. Please share some of the details of your case so that we can help.

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
Just called CIC agent AGAIN .......... same answer ......' be patient. Call us back in 6 months'. She hung up on me after saying that. I dont know if i should laugh or cry. This is after waiting for 15 months since RQ and over 2 years since initial application.

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
I applied after completing the required dates. I do have frequent travles to India and USA and that may have been the reason for RQ. However, when I met the officer just before my test, she said all my papers were in place. I have submitted the completed RQ with supporting documents as requested.

I do not mind that they gave me the RQ. It is their way of cross checking dates. But what is irritating and not right is the time they are taking to do the checking. They do not even have a time limit !!!!!! All i need for someone at CIC to tell me is it will take 12 months or 15 or 18 or 3 years. Just give a deadline so that people are not anxiouslly calling/looking for updates every week or month.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
rodri said:
I applied after completing the required dates. I do have frequent travles to India and USA and that may have been the reason for RQ. However, when I met the officer just before my test, she said all my papers were in place. I have submitted the completed RQ with supporting documents as requested.

I do not mind that they gave me the RQ. It is their way of cross checking dates. But what is irritating and not right is the time they are taking to do the checking. They do not even have a time limit !!!!!! All i need for someone at CIC to tell me is it will take 12 months or 15 or 18 or 3 years. Just give a deadline so that people are not anxiouslly calling/looking for updates every week or month.
It's just a waste of your time calling the Call Center again and again. Get an ATIP.

Sama111

Aug 7, 2012
Hi guys

I'm just come from center and did test.

The thing what happend when I see the officer from the staff she asked me about if I have a Translation of the passport but actually I wasn't have it

They gave me a Residence Questionnaire it was about some Information where and when I leave canada ......etc and translation for many documents to english and fill them up and re-send it to them within 45 days. I am very concerned about that I wonder if someone happened to him that.

I am afraid if that will disrupt my process or faild or make me meet the judge for that reason.

Please advice me. or if anyone had like this.

Thanks a lot.

bluetiger

Aug 8, 2012
How can I apply for ATIP? How long will it take?

My RQ was submitted to branch 6 months ago. Citizenship test took place 9 months ago.

My residency history was fine and supported by the documents. Why is it takiing so long?

Is it normal for RQ to take few months (3-6) or many months (6-18) ??

I would appreciate any feedback.

Are there any successed oath takers who had to complete their RQ forms? What was your timeline?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only know one family friend who got his oath after 2 1/2 year of RQ submission in Mississauga office, this is so
unfair.... but the timeline is 1+ year after submission of RQ.

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
two and half years after RQ submission ...............this is crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two live that long in anxiety ...... that is not right to anyone. Why cant they have a decent timeline and even if it is 2 years, at least tell the client it will take this long. Give a deadline and stick to those deadlines. Dont say ..we are sorry but at present there are no timelines for RQ process ...it can take any length of time !!!!!!!!!

I will contact my MP and see what she has to say.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
from what i saw, after submitting RQ and if CIC determine you need to see the judge, then it will be more than 2 years to wait for the appointment. but after submitting RQ and they think your file is fine, you will receive notice of oath within a year. I saw people after submitting RQ and got oath without seeing the CJ within 6 months. but overall, if you got RQ, your process will be significantly delayed. just focus on your daily routine. your job, school and whatever. in this way, time will fly much faster.

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
So everyone out there with an RQ being processed at the Mississauga Office, this information might help sooth some of your anxiety.

I called the MP and they said it will take 36-48 months after RQ submission. There is nothing we can do except be patient and wait. An enquiry will not help my case in any way.

So in short, just like ZYX said .... lets focus on our life and let CIC do their job (though in reality nothing should take 36-48 months to process !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let CIC do their job???that's what they are not doing :)
Its not hard to hire extra help to clear the backlog, it takes only 2 hours to go thru applicant file and
make calls to confirm if the case is legit or not, Just like bank fraud department, if doubt then forward
to CJ simple, but 36-48 months for what?????

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
rodri said:
So everyone out there with an RQ being processed at the Mississauga Office, this information might help sooth some of your anxiety.

I called the MP and they said it will take 36-48 months after RQ submission. There is nothing we can do except be patient and wait. An enquiry will not help my case in any way.

So in short, just like ZYX said .... lets focus on our life and let CIC do their job (though in reality nothing should take 36-48 months to process !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Not true. Like ZYX said, it may take 36-48 mos for only people who need to see a judge. Most RQed cases don't require a citizenship judge hearing. It's only when CIC has reasonable suspicion that CIT applicants didn't meet the residency requirement or that they didn't or currently live in the address on their app--either they left Canada after submitting their CIT apps or returned after a long period of absence--or when it's not possible to determine if the applicants met the residency requirement, for example, due to so many travels abroad and/or to the US.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Mary Chad said:
Let CIC do their job???that's what they are not doing :)
Its not hard to hire extra help to clear the backlog, it takes only 2 hours to go thru applicant file and
make calls to confirm if the case is legit or not, Just like bank fraud department, if doubt then forward
to CJ simple, but 36-48 months for what?????
Mary, as I understand it, it's not about "clearing the backlog." CIC has decided to play this waiting game with some of the CIT applicants who don't really have any intent to make Canada their permanent home and exhibit this often through their frequent travels abroad.