+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Via
My friend sent all her documents except CBSA report, she submitted it after a month, so its ok, just explain them that its taking long for CBSA
Also i never wrote any letter regarding one year cash rental, i just had 2 checks which i made to cash and in memo it was mentioned for rent, i sent them
copies of that with my lease agreement, they can see i was withdrawing rent money every month from my account.
Just get the lease(sub lease) and if possible highlight the cash withdrawals if you can.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Thanks for the reply guys, I sent all the documents already today except for the CBSA report.. I was waiting for it and I thought I'm gonna receive it in 3 weeks, and I'm 2 days late already on sending my documents.. Thanks all for the help, I really appreciated it.. Lets just hope for the best! Good luck to all:)

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Dear All,

I need to know like many others, when it is usually expected to receive an RQ.

We all know it is sometimes handed at time of test, but if meant to be given after the test when it should be usually expected.

please let's share our experiences, I did the test on May 2012, till now no news... am I in safe after almost 2 months?

Thanks.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Hi Sunset,

I got mine as soon as they started to process my application(CIC website application status) same date with the letter that attached to RQ which was May 17, 2012.. I think Mary got it after 4 or 5 months she did her test..

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Hi Via,

It seems there is no rules for "when' to issue an RQ, it can be before, during and after test...

@ All: Other feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunset66_71 said:
Hi Via,

It seems there is no rules for "when' to issue an RQ, it can be before, during and after test...

@ All: Other feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
I received mine after 4 months of test

Nicdrey

Jul 12, 2012
via08 said:
Hi parallax,

Same with me, I'm still waiting for the documents I am requesting in CBSA, and its 1 month already I haven't gotten anything from them:( Today is already 45 days:( I gather all the documents except the documents from CBSA is missing... All the documents are still with me, I'm gonna wait for the other missing document.. I'm just fed up because they didn't give us much time, 45 days isn't enough... The letter which is attached on the RQ was dated May 17, 2012 and I got them May 25, 2012, I lost 8 days already from the given time and they wanted to provide them within 45 days lol... I got my OHIP medical history after 3 weeks, its much faster than CBSA...

Good luck to us!
Hi,

That happened to me also...Letter was dated July 4, 2012 but I got it on July 12, 2012 :(

Also, i am missing a lot of documents from 2008-2010 coz we kept on moving houses, we might have shredded a lot of docs :(

Nicdrey

Jul 12, 2012
Hi Amir,

I came to Canada on July 19 2008 and went back to my country, Sep 2008 and came back Nov 2008. I submitted my application for citizenship in Dec 2011 with more than 1095 days. I didn't go out of Canada except for Sep 2008 and last Jan 2012 for 2weeks only. I received the RQ on July 4th. I already have my family doctor's record of my visits, but we just started going there in 2009. I don't have the CBSA report yet and I am missing 2008-2010 records coz we kept on moving houses. I am thinking of not submitting all the documents and just give them what i currently have - passport, kids' school report cards, current property tax, credit card statements but they might give me another RQ or might prolong the application process. I couldn't find other documents like rental agreement and receipts (we rented from 2008-May 2010, are the credit card statements and letter of employment sufficient enough?) My husband is the principal applicant when we immigrated and has submitted his and the kids' application 3 months before mine. I started working at walmart on sep 2009. I haven't worked before that. I secured a record of employment from them already. I am just confused that they are asking documents from 2007-2011 but in the form, this is being stated and repeated "since your arrival date to Canada". We moved 2-3x and once lived in our relative's house, and all the rental agreement and check payments were under my husband's name even the msp and other utility bills. I wasn't even here til mid of 2008 :(

I am not so sure if I need to send everything. I am planning to write a letter also explaining why I can't provide documents on some areas. What i am pretty sure of is, almost everything we bought was in my credit card.

Please advise.

Thanks so much.

vancouver26

Jul 21, 2012
timeline: (Vancouver)

Received June 30th, 2011
In progress March 23st, 2012
Test July 19rd, 2012
RQ Received on Test date

Could you please let me know how long will it take to hear from CIC or judge hearing after RQ submission?

I got RQ during the interview on a test day. The office didn't explain anything she flips through my passports ( current /expired) and seen my previous H1B visa in usa before I arrived in Vancouver. I terminated my employment before coming here in Vancouver but the expiry date in a visa was last until 2007( I moved to Van in 2006). And also I left my job few 3 months ago to support my wife , who is student in usa, and am planning to return back to work next month in Vancouver. The officer asked me about a spouse visa and why did I left my job 3 months ago. I told her that I am in between jobs, and am looking for new job in vancouver. Apparently, she didn't trusted me.!

I have 45 days to submit RQ and all documents, including a specific requested CBSA trip reports that she mark"x" in my RQ form. I did sent a rquest to CBSA and on tracking number showing that my mail was delivered today. She also ask for proof of employments, income tax, and proof of residence and receive of payments, credit card bank statements, and so on.it is going to be huge package.

I have also talked to some company that willing to employ me,and soon I should be back to Vancouver to back to work again. Will resume employment help my situation?

So please let me know if it won't take that long to hear from vancouver office again. I don't want to wait until 18-24 months.

Thanks

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
Please share your experience!!! Thanks for all....

On the letter came through the mailed with RQ, does it always specific what kind doc you must provide?
If it's given on test day, does the official tell you and specific what kind doc you need to provide? Or they just generally say: follow the instruction on RQ? Not sure if everyone is the same?

kumusha

Jul 2, 2012
Mary Chad said:
I received mine after 4 months of test
Hi Mary

Could you please tell me the time line from when you submitted your RQ until you heard back from them. Are you now a Citizen/

Thanks

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news..still waiting...Received RQ on May 11, 2012, letter dated May 07, submitted RQ on June 15..since then no news..
it takes an year after submitting RQ (that's what other applicants reporting on other form)

rodri

Aug 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my dates ...

Citizenship application received by CIC - June 14, 2010
Test date - April 14, 2011
Completed RQ received by CIC - May 20, 2011

Still waiting to hear from Mississauga office :(

CanaHome

Aug 8, 2012
Someone please help!

I received a residency questionnaire after my citizenship test in November 2010. I returned it completed a week after and i haven't heard back since then. It's now 20 months since my test and i have called the call center numerous times without any information on when the application will be completed. My application is being processed in Mississauga. Please help by answering the following questions. Thanks.

1. Who has an indication on how long RQ cases in Mississauga are taking?
2. Can anyone that has received their passport 2 years after completing a RQ share their experience?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
CanaHome said:
Someone please help!

I received a residency questionnaire after my citizenship test in November 2010. I returned it completed a week after and i haven't heard back since then. It's now 20 months since my test and i have called the call center numerous times without any information on when the application will be completed. My application is being processed in Mississauga. Please help by answering the following questions. Thanks.

1. Who has an indication on how long RQ cases in Mississauga are taking?
2. Can anyone that has received their passport 2 years after completing a RQ share their experience?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
Make a request for an ATIP to find out what's going on, and also contact your MP for help.

No idea why it's delayed for yrs? And you've been doing nothing for 20 mos?