+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule the citizenship test

vincetoul

Mar 15, 2018
A Friend of mine asked to reschedule the test and on the phone they told her that it is possible, but it cannot be rescheduled a second time so if you cannot make it to the 2nd date they will close your file, so she went to the 1st date to be sure... Personally I would try to make it to the first date unless it is really impossible. Based on feedback on forums it can extend for many months your application (but there are also people that get a 2nd date quickly in 6 weeks). In the end this is a citizenship process and I think the Administration would consider that it is up to the applicant to make it possible to be at the test and the oath, not them to accomodate all reschedules, that's why maybe sometime they do not rush into finding you a 2nd date. In any case if you think you can accomodate to be at your test rather than reschedule I would personally do this, but if not then you can ask for a 2nd date. Good luck to all

buffmonkey

May 28, 2014
Hey guys. Same issue - received e-mail with date for test the next month, but I will be in South Africa at that time (not a trip I can reschedule). The number they give us to call (1-888-242-2100) won't put me through to an agent, it says something about volumes being too high, so try again later. I've tried multiple times this week with the same pre-recorded message - I don't think it will change. I submitted a web-form about a week ago and no response. Anyone have a number to call to actually chat to someone? Or another method to get in touch with them? I'm anxious that they'll view me as having 'missed' my test date because they didn't get my date reschedule request.

ninja90

Jun 8, 2018
Hey guys. Same issue - received e-mail with date for test the next month, but I will be in South Africa at that time (not a trip I can reschedule). The number they give us to call (1-888-242-2100) won't put me through to an agent, it says something about volumes being too high, so try again later. I've tried multiple times this week with the same pre-recorded message - I don't think it will change. I submitted a web-form about a week ago and no response. Anyone have a number to call to actually chat to someone? Or another method to get in touch with them? I'm anxious that they'll view me as having 'missed' my test date because they didn't get my date reschedule request.

Call at 8am. It gets busier as the day goes by.

lecrandall

May 15, 2021
Hi I just received an invitation for my knowledge test on citizenship and apparently I am not ready to take the exam because I have to prepare on my driving exam in the next few weeks and also my mom and I are going to move into our new apartment which is in the last day of exam. I am also not ready for the knowledge test because I haven't studied that much yet and needed a little bit more time. I emailed them right after I received the invitation will they be able to approved my request and reschedule me on the next batch?