+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule the citizenship test

Surajgill_in

Jun 29, 2012
Hi every one
I have question , regarding my test date . I was already out of country when my test date came that was on Feb 05 , 2018. But i could not come by or before that date. So i sent them letter includind the litinery of the return date andI got email in reply that , cic will be in contact with me upon my return to Canada to reschedule my test . So can body tell , how long they can take for rescheduling the exam. Does anyone have idea.
Thanks

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Probably nob
Hi every one
I have question , regarding my test date . I was already out of country when my test date came that was on Feb 05 , 2018. But i could not come by or before that date. So i sent them letter includind the litinery of the return date andI got email in reply that , cic will be in contact with me upon my return to Canada to reschedule my test . So can body tell , how long they can take for rescheduling the exam. Does anyone have idea.
Thanks
Nobody can tell you how long it will take as this depends on your office, how many tests they have per week and how long in advance they are fully booked. Do not expect it to be soon though. From what people have written in this forum it might take a while.

Reactions: Surajgill_in

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi every one
Thanks
Other members have done this - so nothing to worry. It has taken anywhere between 6-8 weeks to get a test rescheduled. It largely depends on the location of your application.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I guess I am the live answer ,, I have this situation last year ,, I arrive late on my test day which was on 03/13/2017 ,, and I waited till July 2017 to see if there will be any thing ,, but unfortunately they never get back to me ,, even thu my application completed from security prospective as well as from criminality prospective still ,, the other way to shake this silent was , I decided to withdraw and reapply ,, so i withdraw on july 16th and reapply on august 16th now I am DM on my second application ,, may be they took long time because my office is Montreal ,, and normally Montreal Office is so slow ,, maybe !! ,, but i felt i will be waiting for no valid reason ,, eventually you gonna have it but when ??? this is the question ,, if you dont care about time ,, you will be invited for re-schedule for sure ,, but if you are a bit hurry !!!! ,, or maybe i had a bad luck in re-scheduling my test

Nfer

Apr 18, 2018
Hi every one
Thanks
Hey, did you get the new date?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
seek help from your local area's MP.

Nfer

Apr 18, 2018
Not yet , I think they have forgot me :( ...
Thanks for your reply! We are in the same bote :/
Here are my dates:
Feb 14: I received the notice of my test ( I sent the web form to reschedule my test).
Feb 22: Date of the test ( I also received the acknowledgment of the letter/web form)
I am still waiting the second date.

koziamorda1

Mar 1, 2017
Hi every one
Thanks
I had exactly the same situation. Received email on January 29 for the test date February 13th. Submitted reschedule request with dates when I am traveling through webworm and sent email directly to local office (Edmonton). Both ways worked and I received confirmations from both.
Got rescheduled for test on March 21st. (but!! I was traveling on that day (luckily in the late afternoon so was able to take test in the morning). Apparently, local office did not look at my reschedule request and unavailable dates! Like they did not care at all!
Still no DM as of April 23rd, but Edmonton is apparently taking looooooong time to make decisions.

Reactions: Nfer

Surajgill_in

Jun 29, 2012
But I have sent them webform and regular mail around 23 January, 2018 . But they have not sent me any rescheduled date for my Test . April is also going to be over.May be it depends on your local office . Missisauga ,is heard , busy like bee .Lets see .Thank you for sharing your timeline .it gives you rough idea.

Reactions: Nfer

Nfer

Apr 18, 2018
My office is Montreal. I forgot to mention it. As I heard from other people, apparently they take their sweet time... I Hope to hear from them (at least).

nargisnnnn

Nov 22, 2017
I have the same situation. I received notice today to wrotw the test on May 29th but I won't be able to be in Canada then as I am working in the US. I want to ask them to reschedule it for a week. Do you think it would cause more than a month of delay? I am so stressed out.

Nfer

Apr 18, 2018
I have the same situation. I received notice today to wrotw the test on May 29th but I won't be able to be in Canada then as I am working in the US. I want to ask them to reschedule it for a week. Do you think it would cause more than a month of delay? I am so stressed out.
Hi!
Noo don’t worry! I just got the my date for the exam yesterday. It will be on May 25th.
I just sent the web form explaining I won’t be able on the dates of my first date because I would be out of the country. As I said, I got the aknoledgment of the letter 10 days after.
After 2 months I called to know what happened and they say: “do not worry we will send you other notice”. For me where aprox 3 month from the first date (Feb 22nd). I remember the agent told me: even if you have not sent a letter, you will have a second date no matter what (because I was asking him what if there was a possibility to never receive a second date and close the file or whatever).
For your question: yes, might be more than a month... I know other lucky people to got it after a month though :)
For me worked to send them the web form before the due date. Don’t be stressed out! Hope this help you out a bit!