+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements to leave the Philippines on a valid COPR

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
In our case, PA is coming in as a visitor and is unemployed.
We have been told by the CFO that we need these:

depending on the assessment, as a tourist/visit visa holder, I will be needing these requirements before we proceed with the telecounseling:
If kumpleto na isend mo ulit sa email ko in one sending :
-passport mo,
-visa,
-passport ni partner,
-if divorced/separated, divorce/annulment papers with English translation,
- if married; PSA certificate of marriage (with English translation) and ROM
-Notarized and Authenticated or Apostilled Affidavit of Support and Invitation/formal obligation (with English translation),
-4 or more pictures together (in collage, 1 page only)

In particular, the requirement is in bold. Has anyone needed that?
In our case, we didn't get asked for that document in bold. Try to argue with the counselor it's not for tourism but for immigration. When we said we need CFO for immigration to Canada and that it's in process, they accepted to process with the documents and skip the affidavit of support. We got the Temporary CFO certificate in the end and the sticker will be requested when we get COPR later.

The affidavit of support is more if the Filipina is going to meet his bf/husband in a third country or Canada on a tourist visa.

Reactions: Person001

motard

Aug 23, 2022
This CFO thing is certainly an overreach, why ask for a divorce certificate if you are currently married to your spouse?
This document would have been an absolute requirement (if one of the spouses was previously married), when getting married, why would there be a need to provide it again?
I did not have to provide an affidavit of Suppport, am guessing because my spouse had a COPR visa.
This requirement it seems, because of the amount of time it might take to get, almost invalidates the gain of applying for TRV?
Seems the Filipino government is trying to play the role of Canadian Immigration?
Hope you find a solution and maybe can reason with the CFO officer?

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
This CFO thing is certainly an overreach, why ask for a divorce certificate if you are currently married to your spouse?
This document would have been an absolute requirement (if one of the spouses was previously married), when getting married, why would there be a need to provide it again?
I did not have to provide an affidavit of Suppport, am guessing because my spouse had a COPR visa.
This requirement it seems, because of the amount of time it might take to get, almost invalidates the gain of applying for TRV?
Seems the Filipino government is trying to play the role of Canadian Immigration?
Hope you find a solution and maybe can reason with the CFO officer?
Thank you! I agree!
My spouse spoke to the CFO counsellor and it looks like they will grant her the CFO digital certificate with only the letter I signed and submitted for the TRV, some photos of us together, marriage certificate, passports. The counsellor basically told her "It's not us who is strict, it's immigration at the airport" and that without the AOS, the CFO is "not responsible" if she cannot board her flight.

It's just silly, my spouse was has gone on 2 trips to countries in Asia fully financed by me, and she said passing immigration was a breeze at the airport. She has an extensive travel history, so that must help. So yeah, lets just hope all goes well on the big day!

Reactions: motard

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
They are right, it's the BI at the airport who are sometimes too strict with them. This is under the pretext to protect vulnerable ladies from human trafficking.

Glad the process went smoothly for you.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I agree!
My spouse spoke to the CFO counsellor and it looks like they will grant her the CFO digital certificate with only the letter I signed and submitted for the TRV, some photos of us together, marriage certificate, passports. The counsellor basically told her "It's not us who is strict, it's immigration at the airport" and that without the AOS, the CFO is "not responsible" if she cannot board her flight.

It's just silly, my spouse was has gone on 2 trips to countries in Asia fully financed by me, and she said passing immigration was a breeze at the airport. She has an extensive travel history, so that must help. So yeah, lets just hope all goes well on the big day!
Are you Canadian citizen?

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Thank you for the information. So are you saying if I sent her like 10K CAD, and she got a bank certificate in that amount, and showed ties to PH, like family home, etc, and she has an extensive travel history in Asia for tourism, that she could just show up to the airport with that, and return ticket, and it should be enough? No CFO ?
I can also provide letter of invitation, and everything else, signed, plenty of relationship proof, just not notarized, authenticated, etc etc....
I cannot guarantee anything. As a Filipino national, your GF has the constitutional right to travel within and outside the Philippines according to the constitution: Neither shall the right to travel be impaired except in the interest of national security, public safety, or public health, as may be provided by law. As you can see, that right is also limited by the factors stated.

My wife and I have not registered our marriage in the Philippines yet. So, according to public records, she is single. Her travels were staggered: Nearby Asian countries, then the Middle East, then Europe, then USA and Canada.

Also, I used to live in UAE, and one of the things the Filippino community used to do, to help bring friends to UAE who will be traveling abroad for the first time, have no job, and limited budget, is to sign an affidavit of support at the Filippino consulate in Dubai and send that over to their friend in the Philippines. The affidavit had to be signed by a fellow well-established citizen in UAE. So, you could also try that. Arrange for a female Filipina to sign an affidavit where she provides a testimony of friendship and support for your partner/wife. With enough travel, that affidavit, a job in the Philippines, and proof of property or utility bills, I believe anyone can travel on a visit visa.

The above is my opinion based on my own experience. Your circumstances could be different.

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Thank you! I agree!

I understand the anxiety must be going through the roof, however am confident your spouse will be okay. She just needs to show the certificate and all will be fine.

motard

Aug 23, 2022
They are right, it's the BI at the airport who are sometimes too strict with them. This is under the pretext to protect vulnerable ladies from human trafficking.

Glad the process went smoothly for you.
Don't mean to be too critical of the Philippines and it's realities, but they could do a targeted set of requirements, if human trafficking was a concern.
Take into consideration the age of the applicant, travel history, country of destination, type of visa, etc.
I love the Philippines and it has given me so much joy, just whish that the departure of my spouse, had been a bit smoother and did not feel as though the government was putting up barriers, to what should have been a smooth exit preparation, given that we had already endured a whole year of waiting and had been properly vetted by the Canadian government as well as the local VO in the Philippines.
Best of luck to everyone and hoping for a mabuhay Canada.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Don't mean to be too critical of the Philippines and it's realities, but they could do a targeted set of requirements, if human trafficking was a concern.
Take into consideration the age of the applicant, travel history, country of destination, type of visa, etc.
I love the Philippines and it has given me so much joy, just whish that the departure of my spouse, had been a bit smoother and did not feel as though the government was putting up barriers, to what should have been a smooth exit preparation, given that we had already endured a whole year of waiting and had been properly vetted by the Canadian government as well as the local VO in the Philippines.
Best of luck to everyone and hoping for a mabuhay Canada.
As was mentioned above it is just another cash grab by the government. I lived there 7 years and as a foreigner I saw many courses, extra fees, expediting fees etc. that the population has to deal with on a regular basis but didn't seem to have any real value or need for what you were getting from it. For most from the PH it's just normal life. As a foreigner it made me shake my head. After a while I let my wife do all the dealings with the government bureaucracies and tell me when things were sorted out.

cereal_eater

Jul 12, 2022
I was back reading and getting a lot of information here. So in my case, I sponsored my husband and he possess an Immigrant visa. I am NOT a Canadian citizen yet. I’m still holding a Philippine passport. I am a permanent resident of Canada.

That simply means my husband is not required to undergo this seminar or counseling, right?

I am just worried because of our IO’s in Philippines. So frustrating.