+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Has anyone who recently submitted photo retake(s) seen any movement?
Mine delivered by Xpresspost on Aug 22, but no update/approval thus far.
Saw someone who posted back in June get approved after 5 days of retake delivery.

annfoo241

Feb 11, 2018
Has anyone who recently submitted photo retake(s) seen any movement?
Mine delivered by Xpresspost on Aug 22, but no update/approval thus far.
Saw someone who posted back in June get approved after 5 days of retake delivery.
Strongly advise everyone who has been asked to re-submit photos with no explanation as to why, to just call IRCC and speak to someone. Their processing office is inept, as far as I can tell their requests for new photos are often in error. In total, I submitted 3 sets of photos. Each time I was asked to re-submit, I was not told what the problem was. Finally called them to ask specifically what was wrong with the photos so I could make sure they were done properly. They put me on hold for about 15mins while contacting the processing office, when they came back, they replied 'There's no need to re-submit photos, the processing office have confirmed they have your photos." Got the PR card a week later. In total, took me 6 months after landing to get the PR card. This apparently happened to a lot of people, but seems the only way to break the cycle of ineptitude is to call and speak to someone. Good luck.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Just in case anyone in similar boat would like to get a sense of the current timeline after photo retake request:

Landing: Aug 7, 2019
Linked: Aug 8
Email to retake photo: Aug 15
New photos delivered: Aug 22
Ghost update: Aug 29
Approved & mailed: Aug 30

himmy

Aug 30, 2019
Strongly advise everyone who has been asked to re-submit photos with no explanation as to why, to just call IRCC and speak to someone. Their processing office is inept, as far as I can tell their requests for new photos are often in error. In total, I submitted 3 sets of photos. Each time I was asked to re-submit, I was not told what the problem was. Finally called them to ask specifically what was wrong with the photos so I could make sure they were done properly. They put me on hold for about 15mins while contacting the processing office, when they came back, they replied 'There's no need to re-submit photos, the processing office have confirmed they have your photos." Got the PR card a week later. In total, took me 6 months after landing to get the PR card. This apparently happened to a lot of people, but seems the only way to break the cycle of ineptitude is to call and speak to someone. Good luck.
Hi, Thanks for the info. Couple of questions :

1. Do you have a number we can contact the CPC from outside Canada ? I am in US and i have tried a couple of #s i got from this forum but none of them were able to connect me to the correct department.

2. I got the letter saying the photos don't meet the requirements ? But doesn't say whether i need to send both mine and my spouses' photos or just mine ? Do they put names of both on top of letter, if both applicant's pictures are required.

Appreciate your time.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience. So, what was your status in Canada during those six months? Still a permanent resident but without a card? Does this affect anything like finding employment, housing, benefits etc.? Do you get any other documentation to prove that you are a PR? Most importantly, how do you re-enter the country if you travel abroad during this time? Sorry for the questions but the prospect of such an event makes me really nervous.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Landed on Feb 20th.
New photo request on March 19th.
Photos sent with express post March 20th.
Received in Sydney on March 22nd.
Application approved and card mailed on March 22nd.
PR card received in Toronto on March 27th.... with my first "rejected" pictures... I really don't know what happened there :/
During the time you wait for your card in Canada, are you still technically a PR? Does not having a card limit you from having housing, employment or benefits? Most importantly, can you re-enter Canada if you travel abroad during this time? What document will you be holding to prove your status?

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
During the time you wait for your card in Canada, are you still technically a PR? Does not having a card limit you from having housing, employment or benefits? Most importantly, can you re-enter Canada if you travel abroad during this time? What document will you be holding to prove your status?
Your card is separate than your PR status, yes you are PR even when waiting for your first PR card to be issued (assuming you've landed as an immigrant).
About travel: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

vaibhav321

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Folks,

Thanks for creating this link. I also got a new photographs and waiting for PR card, Please find my case details:

Landing Date Landing Location Photograph request date Photograph Sent date Photograph Received Date PR Card Received Date

June 27, 2015 Peace Bridge, Fort Erie, ON October 1,2015 October 5,2015 October 12,2015 ?????

Thank you
Hi can you please share the contact details of the call centre of CIC and their email address where I can track my PR card status. I resubmitted new photos at their nova scotia po box through canada mail and it has been 20 days and no response.

vaibhav321

Jul 19, 2018
Landing Date Landing Location Photograph request date Photograph Sent date PR Card Received Date

August 26, 2015 Toronto, ON October 20,2015 October 23,2015
June 27, 2015 Fort Erie-Peace Bridge, ON October 1st,2015 October 9th, 2015 Novemeber 10th, 2015
Hi

We were 3 applicants for PR and we landed in Canada together and came back after 15 days. 2 of our PR cards were sent to us at our canadian mailing address while one was rejected on grounds of photo. So sent the new photo to my friend in canada who couriered it to their nova scotia po box address. Been 20 days and no update. Can somebody please share the call centre and email address of cic where i can track the current status of my PR card. Pls help.

vaibhav321

Jul 19, 2018
We were 3 applicants for PR and we landed in Canada together and came back after 15 days. 2 of our PR cards were sent to us at our canadian mailing address while one was rejected on grounds of photo. So sent the new photo to my friend in canada who couriered it to their nova scotia po box address. Been 20 days and no update. Can somebody please share the call centre and email address of cic where i can track the current status of my PR card. Pls help

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hello eveyone.
We landed in canada in the 4rth of oct and returned back to our country two days ago.
Now the problem is we were still waiting for our PR cards, today i rcved an smail that they need new photos.
Now i am in pakistan and ill have to send the new photos from here.
Does tht affect my application as the date n address of photo will be pakistani
Need help urgently

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi all

I got new photo request and sent them.. can anyone pls share their experience after how many days u got pr card..I called them to check if they got my photos n they say they r processing photos received till 14 oct. Wat does that mean? Even if photos r delivered at the location ..have they not opened? Unfortunately mine was normal delivery with no tracking so I m not sure if they got my photos or not. I have to travel out of Canada n come back within a week... So urgent :(

Jamestoca

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Hello friends!

My landing was October 17th, 2019. On next Sunday, it will complete 4 weeks since I received my permanent residency status. The approximate time that is mentioned in the paper that the officer gave me is between 3-4 weeks to receive my PR card. My representative did not receive any e-mail regarding photo mistakes or something related yet.

I'm planning to travel on December 23rd and I'm worried that I did not receive my card yet.

I also checked the processing time on the Canada website and it says 26 days. Today is already 29 days since I got my status.

Can someone please help me what's goin' on?

Cheers

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Hi all

I got new photo request and sent them.. can anyone pls share their experience after how many days u got pr card..I called them to check if they got my photos n they say they r processing photos received till 14 oct. Wat does that mean? Even if photos r delivered at the location ..have they not opened? Unfortunately mine was normal delivery with no tracking so I m not sure if they got my photos or not. I have to travel out of Canada n come back within a week... So urgent :(
Hey did you get your PR card yet ? I am in the same boat called CIC on Friday and they said they are still processing pictures received by 29th October. Don’t know how long it is going to take. I have to travel to India soon.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, My time line is

Feb 03, 2020 - Completed my landing
Feb 13, 2020 - Received photo retake request
Feb 26, 2020 - Photo reached CPC Nova Scotia.

I have sent three webforms after this and for all that they are replying - We are still processing photo retake requests received before Feb 06, 2020 and asked me to wait for further communication. Last week when I submitted a web form requesting the status, the reply from the agent was to refer to my first photo retake request email. I am worried if they have received my photos or not.

It has been four months since the photo request and I am worried as the request is valid for 6 months and after that we need to submit a new application. But I have sent the photos on time and they haven't acknowledged the receipt of the same. Can anyone please let me know, if this would affect our PR status or just we should submit a PR card application?. Thank you