Landing: Oct 25, 2017
1st photo request: Dec 22, 2017
1st photos delivered: Jan 14, 2018
2nd photo request: Feb 24, 2018
2nd photo set delivered: Feb 27,2018
Pr card updated as approved on cic account: Mar 19, 2018
Pr card status update email received: Mar 20,2018
Pr card delivered via canada post on : Mar 21,2018

Good luck! Bottom line is don't f**k with photos, they take the photo requirements seriously. It's obvious to me now why, after seeing the card because these cards have advanced security features for which a clear, correct sized picture is crucial.

If you are having your photos taken out of Canada like me it is a hit and miss, however do some research and find the best possible Professional who is either vouched with online reviews for this type of service or by someone you know personally. Third time is the charm for me, after getting the 3rd set i realized the difference between that and the first two, it's clearly the winner and cpc thought so too. I wish i found this guy the first time around (or) ircc has a list of pre-qualified people that we could go to.

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
A few weeks after I sent a new set of photographs I raised a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to see if they had been received; a few days later I got an email informing me that my pictures were approved and that on March 14th my card had been sent to production, I double checked by calling IRCC and and agent confirmed that my card was being processed.
Oh ok. Thanks. I am expecting them to pick up my case tomorrow based on info posted by others.

kavitakothari86

Jul 28, 2017
Congratulations on receiving your PR card. I received photo request yesterday. You mentioned you had taken your photos outside Canada, was it in the US or some other country? If in US, any recommendations on finding a professional? We got our first ones done at Walgreens, clearly did not work. Due to their specifications, seems like an eternity to find a good professional to take pictures. Need some suggestions. Also, did you post it at their PO box address or couriered it?

Landing: Oct 25, 2017
1st photo request: Dec 22, 2017
1st photos delivered: Jan 14, 2018
2nd photo request: Feb 24, 2018
2nd photo set delivered: Feb 27,2018
Pr card updated as approved on cic account: Mar 19, 2018
Pr card status update email received: Mar 20,2018
Pr card delivered via canada post on : Mar 21,2018

Good luck! Bottom line is don't f**k with photos, they take the photo requirements seriously. It's obvious to me now why, after seeing the card because these cards have advanced security features for which a clear, correct sized picture is crucial.

If you are having your photos taken out of Canada like me it is a hit and miss, however do some research and find the best possible Professional who is either vouched with online reviews for this type of service or by someone you know personally. Third time is the charm for me, after getting the 3rd set i realized the difference between that and the first two, it's clearly the winner and cpc thought so too. I wish i found this guy the first time around (or) ircc has a list of pre-qualified people that we could go to.

mariasumbul

Mar 22, 2018
It is requested to everyone who are resending their photos. Kindly check the specifications with ruler/ scale themselves before sending to ircc.
I sent my photos 3 times and 3rd time i checked with scale my self . From chin to last line of hair, it should be inbetween 36mm.
Mostly photographers make 50x70 mm but donot follow face specification. Secondly paper should be matt .

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Congratulations on receiving your PR card. I received photo request yesterday. You mentioned you had taken your photos outside Canada, was it in the US or some other country? If in US, any recommendations on finding a professional? We got our first ones done at Walgreens, clearly did not work. Due to their specifications, seems like an eternity to find a good professional to take pictures. Need some suggestions. Also, did you post it at their PO box address or couriered it?
Both US and India, once from each location. What city? If you are in the same area as i am then i can recommend. Pm me if you would rather not list here.

Courier: always private courier unless they require otherwise, specifically Fedex is what i recommend

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
What a coincidence! My case is EXACTLY same!

It is requested to everyone who are resending their photos. Kindly check the specifications with ruler/ scale themselves before sending to ircc.
I sent my photos 3 times and 3rd time i checked with scale my self . From chin to last line of hair, it should be inbetween 36mm.
Mostly photographers make 50x70 mm but donot follow face specification. Secondly paper should be matt .

kavitakothari86

Jul 28, 2017
Hey there,

Thanks for your reply . Last time I had it clicked at Walgreens , this time will be going to a commercial photographer.

Also , what is the courier address since UPS/Fedex will not mail it to PO box?

TIA

Both US and India, once from each location. What city? If you are in the same area as i am then i can recommend. Pm me if you would rather not list here.

Courier: always private courier unless they require otherwise, specifically Fedex is what i recommend

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I've just got my card :D, my timeline is

Landing: Jan 7th (YVR Airport)
New photographs request:Feb 21st
Photographs Delivered: Feb 26th
Photographs approved: March 14th
PR Card sent for production: March 14th
Application approved: March 19th
PR card received: March 23rd.

Best of luck guys! hope everyone get their card soon.

Shox

Jul 23, 2017
I've just got my card :D, my timeline is

Landing: Jan 7th (YVR Airport)
Photographs Delivered: Feb 26th
Photographs approved: March 14th
PR Card sent for production: March 14th
Application approved: March 19th
PR card received: March 23rd.

Best of luck guys! hope everyone get their card soon.
How do you know the date of approval of the photographs? I see that it is different than your application approval date?

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
How do you know the date of approval of the photographs? I see that it is different than your application approval date?
A few weeks after I sent a new set of photographs I raised a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to see if they had been received; a few days later I got an email informing me that my pictures had been approved on March 14th and that my card had been sent to production, I double checked by calling IRCC and and agent confirmed that my card was being processed.

Reactions: Shox

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Landing: Jan 13th (YVR Airport)
Photographs Delivered: Feb 28th

I have no update till now. Anybody in the same boat? I see people who landed in February getting approvals. Please advise. I called CIC few days ago and they had the standard reply : " We are currently processing photos sent on 16th Feb"

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
Hello apurvgaurav,

Yes I have already sent the photographs and yes they have been received as well (based on the fedex tracking).

I sent the photos using FedEx.

I sent them to Sydney, NovoScotia address, mentioned in the letter.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!
Hi sudeep1201,

Have you heard anything regarding the photos which you had sent ?

When was your photos delivered and what is the current status of your application ?

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
Unfortunately, they don't send a confirmation, but you could give IRCC a call to see if your pictures were received.
Hi Coco7,

Me and my wife's photos were delivered on 15th March(based on fedex tracking). I tried reaching the customer care but the guys gave some lame reasons and disconnected the call.

I had raised a CSE on 19th March, and I received an email from them today as below.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your photographs are not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 16, 2018.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I am not in canada and hence am not able to reach the center via phone.

I have raised a CSE today as well, confirming the fedex tracking number as well. I am very tensed as already 20 days have passed out of the 30 days which were given for the new photo request. Please guide on what can be done now..?

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
Landing: Jan 13th (YVR Airport)
Photographs Delivered: Feb 28th

I have no update till now. Anybody in the same boat? I see people who landed in February getting approvals. Please advise. I called CIC few days ago and they had the standard reply : " We are currently processing photos sent on 16th Feb"
I am in the same boat.

Landing in toronto - 25th Jan
New photo request - 7th March
New Photos delivered - 15th March (as per fedex tracking).

No update after that..