+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
Landing: Jan 13th (YVR Airport)
New photographs request:Feb 21st
Photographs Delivered: Feb 28th

Still no update. Did anybody call CIC now to check which date photo they are processing?
I suppose they are reviewing photos received around 8th -9th march, based upon posts from last week.

Did you receive any email from them, as your 1 month period for new photos has already ended...even I am very tensed as I complete my month period this week..and I haven't heard anything yet..

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I suppose they are reviewing photos received around 8th -9th march, based upon posts from last week.

Did you receive any email from them, as your 1 month period for new photos has already ended...even I am very tensed as I complete my month period this week..and I haven't heard anything yet..

I haven't heard anything yet. I have called two times since I resent my photos and on both occasions I was told that they are processing photos received on or before "16th Feb"

Palz2312

Apr 2, 2018
Landed on Nov 11: Vancouver
Left Vancouver for US: Nov 12
Photograph rejected and request to resent photographs received: Jan 3
Photographs sent from US: Jan 3
Photographs Delivered: Jan 10
Landed on Nov 11: Vancouver
Left Vancouver for US: Nov 12
Photograph rejected and request to resent photographs received: Jan 3
Photographs sent from US: Jan 3
Photographs Delivered: Jan 10

Hi

Where did you get the pics from in the US? Walgreens??
I just got the email from CIC saying pics rejected. I got them done again from Walgreens but not sure if it’s exactly 50*70 or more like 50*69. How has your experience been?

Palz2312

Apr 2, 2018
Hey there,

Thanks for your reply . Last time I had it clicked at Walgreens , this time will be going to a commercial photographer.

Also , what is the courier address since UPS/Fedex will not mail it to PO box?

TIA
Same situation! Where can we find a commercial photographer? Did you have any luck?

Thanks!

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
All,

I had sent new photos which were delivered on 15th march for me and my wife.

My wife status in CIC account was changed to "Approved" on 5th April, but there was no change for my pr card application.

I called them up on 6th and they confirmed that my card has been sent for printing and would reach me soon. I explained her that status in my CIC account is still "SUBMITTED", and they told they would check that.

I am a bit confused, as still today the status is "SUBMITTED" and I haven't received any email yet. If the status does not change I will try calling them again today.

kavitakothari86

Jul 28, 2017
Same situation! Where can we find a commercial photographer? Did you have any luck?

Thanks!
Hi there,
We got it clicked at a commercial photographer who has done passport photos for Canada in the past. Walgreens does not have proper specifications and that's why they got rejected for us. We called few photo studios in our area and that how we came to know of this particular photographer. Our application is still in process so we do not know yet if these pics are okay.

MegQC185

Apr 16, 2018
OK First the problem...
I was awarded permanent residency in early January. I was required to go to Montreal for an interview (I live in Quebec City). I gave my "first" set of photos to the agent who sent them off to be processed. The guy did warn me that there might be an issue with one of them as it had a smudge on them. So about 6 weeks later (end of February), I received an email that my photos needed to be resubmitted. I got 2 more photos at Gosselin Photo done and sent them off about early March.

I never received confirmation from the CIC about the photos. I have been trying to reach them for the past 3 weeks via email (because you can't reach anyone by phone without calling about 20 times a day). After 3 emails to them, I received a short email that I need 2 more photos!!! I thought this could not be correct. So I called and after about two hours of trying to reach a representative by phone, I was told that I did indeed have to send 2 more photos (a 3rd set).

Although he was a very nice, the agent I spoke with was unable to tell me why my photos were rejected. He even told me that they looked fine to him but he doesn't create the cards. The card creators apparently don't even give these agents reasons why photos are rejected.

My assumption, I mailed my photos via Canada Post to the Nova Scotia Permanent Residency card offie during a time that the East Coast was inundated by storms. I have a feeling (because it happens with mail we have received) that the photos were destroyed in the mail during the storms. Thanks Canada Post.

To make this even more ridiculous, the agent said the CIC mailed me a letter on March 19th to tell me that my photos were not valid. On April 16, I still have not received said letter. He said, most likely "Canada Post lost it". Way to go Canadian government agencies. So now I'm stuck getting my 3rd set of photos.

What I want to know is: What could possibly be wrong with my photos if it wasn't just destroyed in transit? Has anyone had issues with Gosselin Photos not giving adequate photos? Does anyone recommend somewhere else in the Quebec City region? Anyone who is a CIC authorized photographer?

If the CIC is so picky about their photos and they drag me to Montreal to be told if my application is approved, why can't they do these photos on site? I get my photo done at the DMV in the States. Why can't these government agencies hop on board. You are required to show up for interviews.

OMT

Apr 16, 2018
Photos delivered on March-19th. Called IRCC and they said my PR card was dispatched 5 days ago.

kavitakothari86

Jul 28, 2017
Landing date: Feb 9, 2018
Photo request: Mar 21
Photo delivered: Mar 29
Application approved in CIC account: April 18.

Waiting for PR card to be delivered ..... waitingggggg