+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Did you check your CIC account?
It should be said that the documents you provided are being reviewed or are uploaded.
Go and check the status there.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

This has been the status since one week before the photo request.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.

This has been the status since one week before the photo request.
Really strange; Mine was like yours but is now changed to “...has been uploaded”. My photos were received on Oct 16th.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Really strange; Mine was like yours but is now changed to “...has been uploaded”. My photos were received on Oct 16th.
Ok. when was it changed? Was it changed from "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"? If so, your photos may have been in the system and it will be approved soon.

But for mine, according to the communication received from CIC which I have posted earlier in this forum, mine (actually for my wife and child) is still not taken for processing. So, I think they (yours and mine) are processed by different officers and each officer may have different back logs. That may be the reason they always say they are currently processing photos received before October 5, 2017.

As I am currently out of Canada, there is no way I can call them. So, its a waiting game. there is nothing else we can do.

nkanani1

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Request
NN
Interview........
NN
My photos were delivered on 16th October as well. No updates yet .

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
Mine were delivered on 26-Sep, no update since...61 days have already passed...what to do?
:(

My photos were delivered on 16th October as well. No updates yet .

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm assuming this post is for people who landed and are awaiting their first PR card. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I happened to find this thread as I got an email from IRCC today stating my photos don't meet the requirements. I will provide my timelines below.

Based on what i read so far, i'm assuming it's a better idea to re-send the photos for the entire family, though IRCC requested just for myself. I would be taking new photos this evening and plan to post it on Monday by Canada Post (registered) I'm already making up my mind to expect my PR card by 15-Mar-2018, so i don't have to be disappointed. IRCC always surprises you, so it might even take longer.

I had planned a vacation in Jan/Feb 2018 but wanted to wait to get the PR card in hand before booking tickets, knowing IRCC! :)

Landed - 14 Oct 17
IRCC Email - 02 Dec 17 (photo re-send request)

Everything said, it's ridiculous they find that my photo isn't matching their requirement 6 weeks after my landing. I had uploaded it online, they had approved my PR application, i sent my passports for visa stamp including photos and they let me in while i landed where i provided the same set of photos. All this time they and their system had failed to capture that my photo wasn't compliant? As another friend had posted, why can't they just take their own photo while letting me inside the country, satisfying all their requirements? On top of all other charges i have paid, i would be glad to shell out a few more bucks, if that guarantees peace of mind and timely arrival of my PR card.

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hello Friends

How long will CIC take after I send them the new photograph. Actually CIC sent an email today that they required new photo as the photo I submitted earlier will not work. Do I need to send it via Canada POST only and how long will it take? Looking for some advice. Thanks for your help

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Hello Friends

How long will CIC take after I send them the new photograph. Actually CIC sent an email today that they required new photo as the photo I submitted earlier will not work. Do I need to send it via Canada POST only and how long will it take? Looking for some advice. Thanks for your help
Hi
An agent told me it may take more than 2.5 months.
I have been waiting for 48 days and no updates.
Send your photos as soon as possible. As usual, they are facing backlogs.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Hey guys
A few days ago I called IRCC and chose self-service. Before reading from my CIC account, the system says : if your photos were received on or after September 14th, it's not yet been processed and it will take 70 days.
Really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
Very interesting!!

Hey guys
A few days ago I called IRCC and chose self-service. Before reading from my CIC account, the system says : if your photos were received on or after September 14th, it's not yet been processed and it will take 70 days.
Really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nwz_shaikh

Oct 31, 2017
country is lebanon, prtd process was simple just follow this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/index.asp and provide COPR, SIN documents, bank papers any document you processed in canada. i think they dont refuse it if you have enough days on your PR cycle that guarantee you can accumulate 730 days in the future. just apply it is easy

Hi rabih,

Thanks for the information.
Since we don’t fall under completion of 730 days do we need to apply under humanitarian and compassionate ground. Also I am back home for getting married, will that affect my PR card.

Thanks in advance.