+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can he get his photographed clicked from Home Country and get that stamped or hand written from there itself and send it to me and i can then send to processing center. I mean can we get the photograph stamped or hand written from outside canada or they accept photographs only stamped in canada.

Secondly, Do we have to get both the photographs signed and stamped or only one?
1. Yes
2. Only one photograph

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, it seems like the place to look for help. I landed on August 15th. Today (October 5th) I got an email saying the photos I brought to my landing interview do not meet their requirements and I need to mail them new ones.

I took the photos at a reliable photo studio, and I'm sure it was within the specifications. Is it worth the effort to try to contact them and demand to know what was wrong with the photo? I was expecting to receive my card by the end of the month, I need it as a part of the process for my university application, the deadline is November 1st :( I've been seeing that this can delay the card for months and I'm really worried, I also have a vacation planned for next year.

I tried linking the PR card to my CIC account, with all possible combinations, but nothing shows up. Does anyone know why I can't link it? Will I only be able to after sending the photos? Exactly how long should I expect to get my card?

I am very frustrated and stressed out by this, it seems like you guys would understand. I appreciate any help!
We had one of the family's photos rejected because the background was the wrong colour which was funny because it was the same background for the photos they accepted!

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
i can finally link up my daughter's account into my CIC but still cannot link my wife's. Already tried different combination, capital, low cap, country, etc... so fustrated, only 5 attempts per day.

Besides, it shows nothing in my daughter's status and only said "submitted". her photo was resubmitted and received in Aug 11. i guess still not her turn yet.

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
We had one of the family's photos rejected because the background was the wrong colour which was funny because it was the same background for the photos they accepted!
Where did you get the reason of rejection? How do you know it was background?

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Folks, I called them today enquire about retake photo submission (As I used regular mail). They don't have any update on regular mail if it is received or not but mention that if want to resend the photo then resend through tracking post. Please advise should I retake and resend the photos or trust Canada post to deliver them on time?

Regarding the processing time, they are saying working on July 27th. So wish you all luck!!

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Folks, I called them today enquire about retake photo submission (As I used regular mail). They don't have any update on regular mail if it is received or not but mention that if want to resend the photo then resend through tracking post. Please advise should I retake and resend the photos or trust Canada post to deliver them on time?

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
crazy,, they are all in holiday mood. they are processing Jul 27 since last week. What are they doing!!!!
thanks god, I can finally link up both my daughter and my wife application in CIC.... finger cross.

do we receive email notification if there is update in the my CIC status? or I need to login every single day to check?
Yes, you'll receive an email notification. Make sure you regularly check your spam folder too.

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
Good morning folks, In this thread - did anybody sent the retake photo through Regular Mail and got some update?
I did sent mine by regular mail. Don't feel like paying 25$ every time they request new pics.

Reactions: little star

arpit h d

Oct 1, 2017
What is the latest news on PR CARD and working on new photo request as lastly found, "cic is still working on 28th, Aug.
Photo"through the forum.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
What is the latest news on PR CARD and working on new photo request as lastly found, "cic is still working on 28th, Aug.
Photo"through the forum.
I called them last Friday and they were working on 27th July photo requests.

mcdouglas

Aug 10, 2017
Can somebody who has received the card recently tell whether the envelope got "do-not-forward"? I checked with CIC today and they said I can use the mail forwarding service from Canada Post if they mailed to the old address and I moved, just want to know if this is true.