Following details.
1)I got new photo req.-16aug-17.
2)submitted/Received dt.24aug17.
3)Awaiting for PR Card.
4)From date of landing 109 days completed
5)After photo req.45days completed
My ques.is
1)what is the most appropriate way to find out PR Card status
2)As they will send any informative e mail.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Thanks friend STALKER for your response,As i would like to share
Following details.
1)I got new photo req.-16aug-17.
2)submitted/Received dt.24aug17.
3)Awaiting for PR Card.
4)From date of landing 109 days completed
5)After photo req.45days completed
My ques.is
1)what is the most appropriate way to find out PR Card status
2)As they will send any informative e mail.

Well, there are two ways to check your application status. One is using CAS (Client Application Status) tool. And another is linking your PR card application to your CIC My Account. CAS has problem most of the time finding your application. Therefore I use My Account to view status of my PR card application. And yes, they send you an email regarding your application when there is an update.

arpit h d

Oct 1, 2017
Friend STALKER I got immigrant/Landed in canada,completed total 110days.
》On request for new photo > Sent photo
》Photo received dt at CPC > 24/8/17.
》Yet not get any informative e mail.
》what expected time for PR Card.
》After received photo by CPC on
dt.24/8/17.>Days completed 41days.
Pl.give some appropriate
Thanks friend.

Reactions: MAAN18

capt.nemo

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
- Landed on June 7th 2017.
- Photo request on Aug 2nd 2017.
- Photo resubmitted and reached CIC on Aug 10th 2017.
- Unable to use ECAS and unable to link CICGCKEY, tried both multiple times using all possible combinations, totally clueless about application status.
- Recently hired in a profession which involves lot of travel. Frustrated, totally screwed up. Thanks CIC!

capt.nemo

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hi PreetiStephen,
On which date did you call them? My photos have reached them on Aug 10th. I have work related travel on the 15th of this month, just trying to find out if I have a chance to receive my card before that or I will have to advise my employer.

Thanks.

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
More frustration...

Yesterday got a second Photo Re-submission Request. Pics again didn't meet the specification.
Took pics at Magenta Photo Studio at Fairview Mall Toronto, so ppl, don't go there.

Landed in the end of May and it's been 4,5 months since...

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
More frustration...

Yesterday got a second Photo Re-submission Request. Pics again didn't meet the specification.
Took pics at Magenta Photo Studio at Fairview Mall Toronto, so ppl, don't go there.

sorry to hear about that. I hope they will accept my photos. Like waiting for PR card for 4 months is not acceptable at all.

Mandy1

Dec 26, 2016
Hey

I need an help. I have received an email from CIC and they want me to send my and my husbands photographs to them.

But unfortunately I am here in canada and my husband has gone back to our home country due to some work.

But now I am stuck as we have to send his photograph with stamp on it.

So what should I do?? I thought of some options.

Can you guys help me . I am literally stucked.

1) Can I send his photograph without stamp on it??

2) Can I ask him to get it photographed and get it stamped from our home country and send it to me here. will CIC accept it??

Guys please help..

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hey

I need an help. I have received an email from CIC and they want me to send my and my husbands photographs to them.

But unfortunately I am here in canada and my husband has gone back to our home country due to some work.

But now I am stuck as we have to send his photograph with stamp on it.

So what should I do?? I thought of some options.

Can you guys help me . I am literally stucked.

1) Can I send his photograph without stamp on it??

2) Can I ask him to get it photographed and get it stamped from our home country and send it to me here. will CIC accept it??

Guys please help..
You can ask your husband to courier his
Photos to you. Then you may send both together. Even no problem of sending them separately.

I also sent photos from my home country but directly to CPC.

Even hand written ones are ok. Stamp is ok but not a must

Mandy1

Dec 26, 2016
You can ask your husband to courier his
Photos to you. Then you may send both together. Even no problem of sending them separately.

I also sent photos from my home country but directly to CPC.

Even hand written ones are ok. Stamp is ok but not a must
But the email which I received mentions that we have to mention our name and DOB, additionally the date name and address of photography studio.

Can I send it without the the details of studio?

Did u mention the details of studio in your photograph?

tripone

May 17, 2016
More frustration...

Brother, if it's any consolation to you, I'm in the same boat. I got request for re-submission of photos too yesterday, just for myself though. For my wife, it's a resubmission of her copy of COPR. No updates for my daughter yet. It is getting frustrating and complicated. 148 days since landing and still counting.

So others on the group here, be happy of your application status now :)

Reactions: MAAN18

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
A new thread started on my application today. I'm waiting on PR cards for myself (landed May 11), my wife and my daughter(both landed May 19). I received an update on my wife's PR card application asking for a copy of COPR. This is getting so frustrating now. And this update is just for my wife. Not for me or my daughter.

Did anyone else receive such a request?

Here is her application history.
Landing Date: May 19
Photo request: July 24
Photos received: Aug 4
COPR copy Request: Oct 3

this is really annoying :(

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
But the email which I received mentions that we have to mention our name and DOB, additionally the date name and address of photography studio.

Can I send it without the the details of studio?

Did u mention the details of studio in your photograph?
No you have to mention all requested details at the back of photo. I meant stamp is not compulsory but You can write the studio details by hand

MyraBR

Feb 17, 2017
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, it seems like the place to look for help. I landed on August 15th. Today (October 5th) I got an email saying the photos I brought to my landing interview do not meet their requirements and I need to mail them new ones.

I took the photos at a reliable photo studio, and I'm sure it was within the specifications. Is it worth the effort to try to contact them and demand to know what was wrong with the photo? I was expecting to receive my card by the end of the month, I need it as a part of the process for my university application, the deadline is November 1st :( I've been seeing that this can delay the card for months and I'm really worried, I also have a vacation planned for next year.

I tried linking the PR card to my CIC account, with all possible combinations, but nothing shows up. Does anyone know why I can't link it? Will I only be able to after sending the photos? Exactly how long should I expect to get my card?

I am very frustrated and stressed out by this, it seems like you guys would understand. I appreciate any help!

Kakaji123

Oct 5, 2017
Hi, relax. You can verify your status as PR with other documents that came with PR confirmation. I understand you plan to apply as PR to University. Just send them other proofs (hope you have copies of Confirmation of PR document and your PR visa and landing stamp on your passport). You don't cease to be a PR just because your PR card is under process. Just relax...

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, it seems like the place to look for help. I landed on August 15th. Today (October 5th) I got an email saying the photos I brought to my landing interview do not meet their requirements and I need to mail them new ones.

I took the photos at a reliable photo studio, and I'm sure it was within the specifications. Is it worth the effort to try to contact them and demand to know what was wrong with the photo? I was expecting to receive my card by the end of the month, I need it as a part of the process for my university application, the deadline is November 1st :( I've been seeing that this can delay the card for months and I'm really worried, I also have a vacation planned for next year.

I tried linking the PR card to my CIC account, with all possible combinations, but nothing shows up. Does anyone know why I can't link it? Will I only be able to after sending the photos? Exactly how long should I expect to get my card?

I am very frustrated and stressed out by this, it seems like you guys would understand. I appreciate any help!

Last edited: