+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
crewbunk,
i dont think there is any thing that might delay PR delivery other than photos but my advice send photos for all because i got photo retake request for me only via email then 10 days later i got via courier mail photo retake for other family members. by the way you can go and link all other dependent applicants to your address and email address or just call ircc on 1-888-242-2100 ivr options 2320 you will talk to an agent. make sure to ask them about all family members and update your mailing address and email address, they might ask you for some verification information like UCI and full names, DOB etc..
thank you very much for your advice. may I know does the number 1-888-242-2100 can be dialed if I am outside Canada?

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
thank you very much for your advice. may I know does the number 1-888-242-2100 can be dialed if I am outside Canada?
according to this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp ircc accept calls from within canada but i guess you dont wana call international to this number because wait time is 30 to 40 min. let someone call for you and dont forget to ask about current processing time for photo retake files and post it here so we monitor the progress.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Apparently, our relatives in canada just received a letter for my wife to request for photo, i guess cic only have my email in my daughter's profile but not my wife so they need to send the letter by post. Luckily i sent photo of all of us via DHL to my relatives last time, so now she can help my wife to send the photos again. Thanks

aaadi1998

Jul 13, 2017
Hey guys i just got an email saying that my photos are invalid i landed in 20 of june and i just went to costco took a picture and one of them were stamped i wrote my name and DOB and the other one was not stamped so i just wrote my name and DOB on it and i send it via fast mail it will be there on monday is that all okay?

mcdouglas

Aug 10, 2017
Hey guys i just got an email saying that my photos are invalid i landed in 20 of june and i just went to costco took a picture and one of them were stamped i wrote my name and DOB and the other one was not stamped so i just wrote my name and DOB on it and i send it via fast mail it will be there on monday is that all okay?
No, the photo without stamp should leave blank

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
oh i sent my photo retakes and i stamped both. have any one got accepted with two photos stamped? let us now please

mcdouglas

Aug 10, 2017
oh i sent my photo retakes and i stamped both. have any one got accepted with two photos stamped? let us now please
That's what I am experiencing now. From the photo instruction it says "one (1) photo must ...." but didn't say what to do with the other one. This is a real trap and I got the whole package returned after 2 long months waiting with a letter attached saying the photo don't meet the spec but nothing specific. I checked the size of what they need, head placed in the centre, photos are sharp and clear with white background, natural expression without smiling, no glare, etc..... So desperate for the moment that they don't even mention what I have done wrong.

A while after I ran through some other Chinese forum and found someone got replies from CIC about the other photo, that must leave blank for PR card (same as what they did to Passport application) and got really shocked. I mean, when a good portion of people got similar mistake about the photo stamp they should clarify or even update the photo spec. at some point

zeekhan

Jul 26, 2017
Landed in Toronto: April 22, 2017
Photo Requested: June 15, 2017
Photo Sent: June 26, 2016
Received: June 29, 2017
PR card not received to this date: July 26, 2017

I will update when I would receive the PR Card.
Called CIC August 11, 2017 I have been advised that they are processing mail from June 21st, hopefully the June 29th processing starts soon.
I will update again after couple of weeks.

zeekhan

Jul 26, 2017
Hi all,
I haved called CIC on August 11, 2017, been advised that they are processing mail from June 21st.
Hope this help for people who are still waiting for their PR Cards.

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
That's what I am experiencing now. From the photo instruction it says "one (1) photo must ...." but didn't say what to do with the other one. This is a real trap and I got the whole package returned after 2 long months waiting with a letter attached saying the photo don't meet the spec but nothing specific. I checked the size of what they need, head placed in the centre, photos are sharp and clear with white background, natural expression without smiling, no glare, etc..... So desperate for the moment that they don't even mention what I have done wrong.

A while after I ran through some other Chinese forum and found someone got replies from CIC about the other photo, that must leave blank for PR card (same as what they did to Passport application) and got really shocked. I mean, when a good portion of people got similar mistake about the photo stamp they should clarify or even update the photo spec. at some point
i guess the blank photo is not going to cause reject of the photos as per my immigration lawyer opinion. it is requested to stamp one of them by photographer and stamping the other wouldn't cause any issue. the photo will be scanned at the end. Also, They do not reject for stamps rather size, color, definition, etc..

may be a confirmation from any one who stamped two photos and got his PR card successfully issued would help.

Reactions: cool_eagle

aaadi1998

Jul 13, 2017
my mom stamped both photos in saudi arabia and we did the same me and my dad got rejected but my mom got accepted , it all depends on the machine
i landed on 20th of june and she said for us we are processing end of june and there is a note on your file saying invalid photos for you and for your dad ,that was 3 days ago i sent it in the same day and let's see

Reactions: cool_eagle

aaadi1998

Jul 13, 2017
my mom stamped both photos in saudi arabia and we did the same me and my dad got rejected but my mom got accepted , it all depends on the machine
i landed on 20th of june and she said for us we are processing end of june and there is a note on your file saying invalid photos for you and for your dad ,that was 3 days ago i sent it in the same day and let's see
she told me there is no note into your mom's file and its in production and finalised ,that's what she said

aaadi1998

Jul 13, 2017
it just says that send photos and include the email with the photos i went to the nearst costco and took the photos again and send them in the same day we recieved the email we landed on 20th of june so it should 2 days or 1 day to reach Sydney , let's hope it wont take time
So it didn't state if there is any problem on the photos for you and your dad?[/QUOT

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
so you confirm your mom sent two photos both stamped and she get her PR with no issues?
also you mentioned machine would reject, i doubt a machine would check the back of the photo.