+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hey guys this is my scenario:
5th May 2017: Landed with my family in Vancouver

3rd July 2017: Called IRCC/CIC for PR card status- They said everything is fine from my side, there is a slight delay in their production of PR cards & I should be receiving the cards anytime soon

10th July 2017: Photo Request

10th July 2017: Photos sent for all family

July 14th 2017: Photos delivered

July 18th 2017: Again called IRCC/CIC for status update, photos status still not updated, they said it takes several weeks for updating. I inquired how much more time would it take the cards to be processed after the photos are updated, they said about 6 weeks, they confirmed that the photos updatation are been processed for the cases with photo request on 22nd May! Further they asked me to wait another month and a half for my cards!

So confused!
Came to know that people are receiving cards after a week after their photo submissions.

Moreover I received my driving licence (just yellow paper with condition on providing secondary id i.e. PR card at ICBC and will not receive the actual card until I present my PR card at ICBC) but the same is expiring within 2 weeks.

What should I do?

pvnnpavan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I did a short landing in December last year and returned to India in the same month.

I had received a request to submit photos again on 1st February...went to a professional studio and showed them the specs and got the pics done..

and send it directly from India with the copy of the request letter from CIC through DHL...( on 9th Feb)

using the courier address provided in the CIC website for PR cards...( not the PO Box address mentioned in the letter- which is good for local mails)

Courier address
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

It was received on 16th February...

Today my friend received my PR card on the local Canadian address I provided to CIC...

Thank you all and this forum which was a source of valuable information and help...

Thanks.. for update deepak. This is really helpful.

I am also in same boat and need to send photos. One query tough. What photo studio address did you mention and what about date.

Do CIC cancel PR application if you are ouitside canada ?

pvnnpavan

Jul 20, 2017
Hello Frendz, could anyone help me to give suggestion as I landed in canada on 26 march 2017 and on 9 may 2017 I got the request to resubmit the pictures which I send to CIC on 24 may 2017 through regular post (not registered), via canada post. I have already received the PR card of my son, but till date neither I nor my wife get our PR Card though we contacted the CIC telephonically and inquired about the status of my PR Card. they are not giving any satisfactory reply and stating that they have not updated the information on the system.
My 60 days limitation period to send the pics on 7th of this month. is there any chance to cancel the PR card or CIC will call again for the resubmission of the pics.
Give a try by raising a query in below URL .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

or call IRCC directly on their no if you are already in canada.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
New photo request is via letter to our physical address or by eMail?

wynne

Jul 21, 2017
Landed on 25th April, 2017
Requested the VISA officer to verify my pics are good - Which he did
Got a Photo retake request on the 26th June, 2017
The new pics reached them on the 30th June, 2017
No PR Card yet
When called the CIC Call center they just mention that they are working on the 24th May Photo Retake application
Feeling disappointed but just have to wait
Hi,
I landed on same day as you and got email on June 26,2017 for photo resubmission.
I sent the photo on July 10, 2017. Called IRCC today, they said have to wait another 6-8 weeks

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
Hello,
I landed on 10-may-2017
I returned back to my home country to finish work commitments on 25-may-2017
I received email requesting new photos on 19-July-2017

i tried to send soft copies via email to a relative but all print services refused to stamp the pictures since they are not taken in the shop.
Can i send the new photos directly from outside canada without causing any complication to PR issue?

ShakirKhan

Sep 23, 2015
Hello My Fellow PR Friends (specially who are scared of CIC cancelling their PR)

1. Once you have landed in Canada you are a Landed Immigrant that cannot be cancelled even if you leave the country without the PR Card
2. PR Travel Document (fees 50 CAD) is made specially for new immigrants like you all, who want to run away after landing
3. One can also re-enter Canada using a private car and reuse the same COPR which was given earlier. Land in US with a Tourist VISA Hire a car and cross the border.

So please dont get frustrated when you are going out of the country with out the PR Card
There can be 10 valid reasons to leave the country and then come back
CIC\Border Officer is not going to stop you from re-entering if you have a valid method prescribed by them

Last edited:

ShakirKhan

Sep 23, 2015
CIC clearly mentions that the photo should not be more then 6 months
So if you click and stamp it in Uganda and send over it should not be a problem
Many people have multiple copies from Home country just in case if one gets rejected they can quickly resend another
The person in CIC print office is not a decision maker whether the photo was from some Chinese Photographer in China Town in Toronto or actually from Beijing
They are simply rejecting because you don't meet the specification and the machine used to print is not accepting it
Photographer information is just to track if required and make sure that you did not use your point and shoot camera
Don't think so much

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
thanks shakir, I already sent new photos via dhl from home country. I called ircc today to discover photo retake processing time . They said they cannot tell exactly but it is not going to be the processing time for new PR which is 61 days now. The ircc officer said it depends on how many photo retake files they have which mean photo retake has a special queue different than normal queue for new PR .
probably i will go for PRTD and come back to canada alone for job interviews then my family will come when PRs arrives.

zeekhan

Jul 26, 2017
Landed in Toronto: April 22, 2017
Photo Requested: June 15, 2017
Photo Sent: June 26, 2016
Received: June 29, 2017
PR card not received to this date: July 26, 2017

I will update when I would receive the PR Card.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Landed in Toronto: April 22, 2017
Photo Requested: June 15, 2017
Photo Sent: June 26, 2016
Received: June 29, 2017
PR card not received to this date: July 26, 2017

I will update when I would receive the PR Card.
I landed on 5th May 2017 and got photo request on 10th July 2017.
Called IRCC today i.e. 26th July, and got an update that they are processing photo request applications of 25th May 2017. Earlier when I called IRCC on 18th May they were processing applications for photo request of 22nd May 2017. Though they also updated that sometimes they process applications for photo request applications very fast, and I should check back with them in 2nd week of August if PR cards still not delivered.

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
Landed in Toronto: April 13th, 2017
Photo Requested: June 8th, 2017
Photo Sent: June 10th, 2017
Received: June 26th, 2017 (Postal service took forever..)
PR card not received to this date: July 27, 2017

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
14 May: Landed in Montreal
17 July: Photo request (over the phone upon inquiring about the Card status)
19 July: Photo request (via email)
24 July: new photos delivered to NS

PR card no update till today. Called CIC this morning and they are still processing photo retakes requested on 25 May. She said I will have to wait a few more months.

I don't know why it takes CIC so long to process things.

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
10-may-2017: Landed in Toronto
25-may-2017: returned back to my home country to finish work commitments
19-July-2017 : received email requesting new photos
28-July-2017 : Photos received by IRCC Immigration Canada (photos was sent on 24th of july via dhl from outside canada)

I called today they confirmed they are processing the photo retake for 25th of may, they cannot confirm the delivery of photos over the phone.
I am going to process PRTD travel document to return to canada.