+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
They said they are processing photo request applications of 25th May!!

When I called IRCC last week they gave me same revert that they are currently processing cases of 25th May!

It's gonna take forever for IRCC to process the PR cards

Anyone who have received PR cards after a photo request in June or July?

10-may-2017: Landed in Toronto
25-may-2017: returned back to my home country to finish work commitments
19-July-2017 : received email requesting new photos
28-July-2017 : Photos received by IRCC Immigration Canada (photos was sent on 24th of july via dhl from outside canada)

I called today they confirmed they are processing the photo retake for 25th of may, they cannot confirm the delivery of photos over the phone.
I am going to process PRTD travel document to return to canada.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
14 May: Landed in Montreal
17 July: Photo request (over the phone upon inquiring about the Card status)
19 July: Photo request (via email)
24 July: new photos delivered to NS

PR card no update till today. Called CIC this morning and they are still processing photo retakes requested on 25 May. She said I will have to wait a few more months.

I don't know why it takes CIC so long to process things.
Hi, Is the photo request after landing standard procedure by CIC or is this only applicable to a select few whose initial photo sent in PR processing did not meet the requisite standards? Please advise...

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi, Is the photo request after landing standard procedure by CIC or is this only applicable to a select few whose initial photo sent in PR processing did not meet the requisite standards? Please advise..
Yes indeed it is only limited to the cases where the photo requirements are not met or photos of COPR are damaged.

Also I think the photo requirements for PR are different than the one submitted with express entry application.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Yes indeed it is only limited to the cases where the photo requirements are not met or photos of COPR are damaged.

Also I think the photo requirements for PR are different than the one submitted with express entry application.
Ok thanks much!

sjmcken

Aug 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received the email requesting to resend my PR photos back on the 25th of May this year (I landed 8th April).

My resent photos reached CIC on 2nd June, so I am hoping my PR card is underway again based on comments above as to the back date they are currently processing.

Hoping someone might be able to tell me the phone number using to call CIC outside of Canada to get an update?

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Called IRCC today. Came to know that they are processing photo request application of 21st June

I landed on 5th May and had my photos requested on 10th July which were delivered on 14th July. According to IRCC I should be receiving the PR cards in 3 weeks time that's end of August

Sedlris

Feb 11, 2016
Hi everybody.

I got a request to resubmit my photos. Quick question, do i need to resubmit all my family members photos or just the one that is addressed in the letter?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi everybody.

I got a request to resubmit my photos. Quick question, do i need to resubmit all my family members photos or just the one that is addressed in the letter?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
In my case I got photos requested for myself only. But I sent photos for all my family. The next day I received photo request for my family too. So extra effort saved since I already sent the photos.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Dear seniors,

We landed in end of May this year and went back to our home country for short before final settlement. I received an email to request for my daughter's new photo last week, and my relatives received my PR card early this week. However, till now there is no news about my wife's card. We tried to login the online system but I found that only main applicant (me) can login and the system cannot identify dependent's account so we cannot check whether the officer put the right address in my wife's record.

I searched online and someone said we can't call into CIC if we are located out of Canada, is that true? If not, can someone provide me the number to call? Or else, can any seniors tell me "what personal information" CIC will request for on the phone to verify my identification before tell my wife what her status is? Coz if we cannot call while we are outside Canada, we might ask our female relatives to call CIC on behalf of my wife using her personal information

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
sorry one more thing forgot to ask, if at the end my wife was requested to re-send photo, will they send email to My email or My wife? Can anyone tell us when did we ever submit email to CIC? This is because I found out the email that CIC sent to me for my daughter's email is not the one I provided when we are applying for immigration. But I cannot record when did I provide the new email to them, was it during landing? or during SIN card application? thanks

ShakirKhan

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Crewbunk.
I am simply trying to answer your question based on what knowledge I have
It might give you an idea and help as well

1. You can make phone calls from outside Canada. Just dont tell then that you are not in the country. For phone number I am sure there are other threads on this forum which can guide you. Try using the usual number the one used within Canada.
2. For account verification\confirmation they generally ask UCI, Address,Email address, Phone number, DOB which are on file
3. When you call them you can give your UCI number to find your profile and then request them to update the email address on it. So going forward all the notifications will be sent on that email address.
Getting authenticated\verified is important once that is done you can also change your Canada address and Canada phone number over the phone.
4. I would recommend you to call in yourself and tell them that you are the principle applicant and are chasing your wife's PR card. They should assist you with her status.

Last point I would like to mention - Dont be scared of these agent. They are just call center folks. If you talk nicely they sometimes go out of the way and answer questions. Keep in mind that they can make notes on your file. So dont share anything which you are trying to hide.

Best of luck

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
so they just jumped from processing 25th of may photo retakes to 21 of June in one day ? because i called on day ?
my new photos were delivered on 2nd of july so i should expect cards soon ?

Called IRCC today. Came to know that they are processing photo request application of 21st June

I landed on 5th May and had my photos requested on 10th July which were delivered on 14th July. According to IRCC I should be receiving the PR cards in 3 weeks time that's end of August

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
so they just jumped from processing 25th of may photo retakes to 21 of June in one day ? because i called on day ?
my new photos were delivered on 2nd of july so i should expect cards soon ?
That's what they said.
I think the system with these guys updates slowly. The actual processing is at different level and there system shows something different.

And yes your card will be coming very soon.
Just keep us updated when you receive it.

Last edited:

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
is it a must to receive email / mail to notify us that the photo is not up to standard? I don't know why i got email about my daughter's photo but did not receive anything about my wife's case. or is it because my daughter's profile is link to my contact information but my wife's profile is individual? but she did not receive anything by mail either.

Can anyone please share what other possibility is not receiving PR card / delay other than photo not up to standard? any other reasons? thanks

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
crewbunk,
i dont think there is any thing that might delay PR delivery other than photos but my advice send photos for all because i got photo retake request for me only via email then 10 days later i got via courier mail photo retake for other family members. by the way you can go and link all other dependent applicants to your address and email address or just call ircc on 1-888-242-2100 ivr options 2320 you will talk to an agent. make sure to ask them about all family members and update your mailing address and email address, they might ask you for some verification information like UCI and full names, DOB etc..