+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

aprilj

Oct 30, 2015
It's the Call Center # they posted on website: 1-888-242-2100; Steps: 2-3-2-0
It's better to call early at 8:30 am EST, and call on Thur/ Fridays so you will be more likely to reach them.
Good luck!
MABS84 said:
Hi Aprilj, could you please tell me the phone number and the options you take to call the CIC and ask for your PR? It's been almost 2 months since I sent my new photos!!

Thank you in advance!!!

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
Hello everyone,

Just a question, does CIC ask for new photos from everyone, or is it limited to some applicants, when I landed last month they only kept the photos that were glued to the COPR papers, those have a size of 45x35mm, will they work or will I be getting a request for new photos?

azeemmet

May 19, 2014
Dear all:

Can anyone advise how much is the average processing time to receive the PR card after the re-submission of the photos.

My new photos as per the new specifications were received by CIC on March 29th, and there is no response.

I called CIC twice today and they didn't entertained much, instead asked me to wait.

Thanks!

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
azeemmet said:
Dear all:

Can anyone advise how much is the average processing time to receive the PR card after the re-submission of the photos.

My new photos as per the new specifications were received by CIC on March 29th, and there is no response.

I called CIC twice today and they didn't entertained much, instead asked me to wait.

Thanks!
My understanding is that once your photos are requested, you will have to wait the normal processing time which is around 49 days these days, that will be another 2-3 weeks in your case.

x786

Jan 15, 2016
riddymon said:
Not really......i mean they highlighted the dimensions but the photos that I sent were definitely 50mm x70mm which is basically passport photo size. I just made sure I put my name and birthdate on the back which I didn't do last time but I know friends that didn't do that and still got their card. So no idea what's going on at card processing....just keeping my fingers crossed to get it back before May 20th.
Hi buddy .. Did u call cic after resubmitting photos about status of pr card? Hv they processed ur card or not yet?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update based on my call to IRCC today... in case info is helpful to anyone.

I was lucky to finally get a polite agent this morning. I'd called to follow up on the cards for my spouse and child who landed with me on 1/19. All I wanted to know was whether or not the new photos delivered to IRCC on 3/17 were acceptable.

The agent said IRCC never adds any notes about this so there's no way for him to confirm. He said there's a system wide delay due to the large volume of requests for photo resubmission and that there's no specific timeline for processing such cases. In other words, the standard processing time window doesn't apply to us. He said we have no choice but to wait.

Seems like the wait for the PR card will be almost as long as (if not longer than) the wait from AOR to PPR :eek:

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
Seems like the wait for the PR card will be almost as long as (if not longer than) the wait from AOR to PPR :eek:
Dunno if it will be that long....but on average, most people on the forum having been receiving their cards in around 2 months. They received my new photos april 20th and I'm doubtful that I'll be getting my card before it's time for me to fly out on May 21st. I booked my ticket after waiting about 1.5 - 2 months for my card, just to have the photo resubmission request arrive the day after. So i'm most likely screwed and will have to push back my vacation.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
x786 said:
Hi buddy .. Did u call cic after resubmitting photos about status of pr card? Hv they processed ur card or not yet?
No, i didn't call. Doesn't really make sense....you're not going to get any substantial answer until your card has been sent out so i'm just gonna wait.

x786

Jan 15, 2016
abu.marwan said:
Hey Guys,

Landing Date - 15th Feb, 2016
Landing Location - Toronto, ON
Photograph Request Date - 14th April, 2016 (Received Son's PR Card - New photos requested for me and wife: Letter Dated from CIC 4th April, 2016)
Photograph Sent Date - 20th April, 2016 (CIC will receive on 26th April, 2016)
PR Card Received Date - Expecting by 30th May, 2016 (hopefully)

Can anyone tell anticipated time frame?
Hv u recieved ur card after resubmitting photos?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riddymon said:
Dunno if it will be that long....but on average, most people on the forum having been receiving their cards in around 2 months. They received my new photos april 20th and I'm doubtful that I'll be getting my card before it's time for me to fly out on May 21st. I booked my ticket after waiting about 1.5 - 2 months for my card, just to have the photo resubmission request arrive the day after. So i'm most likely screwed and will have to push back my vacation.
I see your point. What I meant was that we'll soon be coming up on our fourth month post-landing. Delays for resubmission cases seem to exceed current processing timelines (which seem to have ranged from 45-50 days).

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
yazan142 said:
My understanding is that once your photos are requested, you will have to wait the normal processing time which is around 49 days these days, that will be another 2-3 weeks in your case.
Yeah, this seems to be the case. It almost sounds too silly to be true but when it comes to CIC standards it is actually normal.

First of all, there should have been a buffer period where both types of pictures were accepted. And secondly, why on earth can't they use a different photo size? Just scan it with a high resolution scanner and resize to whatever you want!

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
Guys, photo request is not for everyone. I don't know what algorithm they follow to send this photo requests.
I landed in first week of March 2016 and all our (myself & family members) PR cards arrived to our mail box after 48 days. Moreover, there was no request to carry new photos for landing in my PPR hence I just went with only PPRs which was already having photos that we sent along with application.

abu.marwan

Aug 19, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
13-02-2016
Just to give an update to everyone:

I called the number mentioned here, from overseas, this is what the customer service representative said:

Me: Hey! Im calling to find out the status of PR cards.

CSR: Hello Sir! I wish I could help you on this, but, we do not have any idea when an applicant receives the PR cards. I can tell you the processing time and as of today it is 52days.

Me: Thank you, the thing is I received my sons PR card and there has been a request of photographs for me and my spouse. And its already been a week that the photos have been received by CIC for the PR cards.

CSR: Sir, We cannot give you any information or time or date when you will receive your PR cards. What we do know is that, if your photos have been received, Im so sure that they must not have even opened them, as there are many more applicants before you. Please wait for the regular processing time.

Me: Thank You!

CSR: Have a good day!

So, the point is that once you have received a photo request you need to send them and wait all over again the 48 or 52 days of processing times.

Anyone who has moved out of Canada, can easily avail the travel permit from the Canadian Embassy.

All the best guys. Im still counting down :-X

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Does anyone have a general idea as to how long it takes after photo re submission? Does it still takes like 51 days plus shipping or is the time frame shorter than that? I heard people who resubmitted their photos are getting their PR cards shortly. CIC received my wife's photos on April 26th, 2016. I just hope I get her PR card by the end of June!