+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
riddymon said:
Got a big brown envelope in the mail. It contained a pre-paid envelope to send off the new photos, another document outlining photo specs and the letter stating that the photos didn't meet specification.
Did CIC mention whats wrong with the earlier photo you have sent, so that we can correct in our next attempt?

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
Finally, I got PR cards for me and my wife on April 25th, which took about 5 month and half after landing.

I hope all you guys could get PR cards soon.

Thanks.

toe2head said:
I landed 9th, Nov, 2015 and got request to submit new photo size of 5*7 in the end of Feb, 2016.

Nov 9, 2015 : Landed
end of Feb, 2016: requested to submit photos of all family.
4, Mar, 2016: photo was received by CIC
15, April, 2016: My daughter's PR card arrived, but mine and my wife's are not delivered yet, and keep waiting so far.

Are there any body who got all PR card after submitting new photos around beginning of Mar, 2016 ?

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Mississauga86 said:
Did CIC mention whats wrong with the earlier photo you have sent, so that we can correct in our next attempt?
It didn't in my case, which makes the whole thing even more annoying because you have no choice but to pay again to take another picture and hope this time they like it.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga86 said:
Not really......i mean they highlighted the dimensions but the photos that I sent were definitely 50mm x70mm which is basically passport photo size. I just made sure I put my name and birthdate on the back which I didn't do last time but I know friends that didn't do that and still got their card. So no idea what's going on at card processing....just keeping my fingers crossed to get it back before May 20th.

aprilj

Oct 30, 2015
Here's my timeline:
Landed on Jan. 13th
Requested for photo received on Mar 4th
New photo received by CIC on Mar 10th
PR card received on May 3rd

The long journey finally ends! Good luck with everyone!

K_babelo

May 27, 2015
became PR on December 24, 2015, and bought ticket to travel from May 21-31, assuming that 5 months will be enough to receive a card.
in March I got a request to send new pics, I did.
and now what?
2 weeks left till I am leaving to Russia, no PR Card yet, and when I call them they can not even confirm if they received my pics. no info at all..........
so frustrated, not to mention that I had to wait for my PR for 2 years! applied in Nov 2013, and became a resident in Dec 2015. :mad:

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
Hi All,

I would really appreciate any help in the matter.

We didnt recieve my wife's PR card for almost 3 months, so I called CIC - and they told me that the photos didn't meet the specifications and that we have to resubmit them. The call center guy then emailed me the photo specification. - but the problem is, we didn't receive any official letter asking for the re submission of the pictures. Could anyone please tell us, how do we send the new pictures to CIC? Do we just send the pictures and the Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455)? DO we need to send anything else? How would they know the application number or the UCI based on this form only (since it doesn't have any space to write them).

I would really appreciate any insights. Anyone who has re-submitted their pictures, could you please tell everything we need to send??

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
Here is my timeline:
Landed on november 14th
Requested for photo received on Febuary 18th
New photo received by CIC on Febuary 25th

The long journey finally ends! Good luck with everyone! and God bless !

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi aprilj,

Congrats and thanks for your information.

1) Did you call CIC and check whether your photos are received by CIC? And CIC can confirm, they received your photos?
2) Or you never call CIC at all and just wait?
3) Which province do you stay?

My timeline is I landed on Sept 28th, 2015 to Vancouver and request photos for my wife and CIC received my wife photos on 09th March 2016. Until now there is no news. I stay at Vancouver. Thanks.

Myat

aprilj said:
Here's my timeline:
Landed on Jan. 13th
Requested for photo received on Mar 4th
New photo received by CIC on Mar 10th

The long journey finally ends! Good luck with everyone!

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
I called a couple of times but they were not able to confirm if it had been received or not . So i just had to wait till it came in the mail .

I stay in alberta

myat said:
Hi aprilj,

1) Did you call CIC and check whether your photos are received by CIC? And CIC can confirm, they received your photos?

My timeline is I landed on Sept 28th, 2015 to Vancouver and request photos for my wife and CIC received my wife photos on 09th March 2016. Until now there is no news. I stay at Vancouver. Thanks.

Myat

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi andywendy,

Thanks for your information. I just received my wife PR card. PR card print date should be 25 April 2016. GOOD LUCK for those who waiting PR card.

Myat

andywendy said:
I called a couple of times but they were not able to confirm if it had been received or not . So i just had to wait till it came in the mail .

I stay in alberta

aprilj

Oct 30, 2015
I called them twice. First time they didn't tell me anything. They said only thing I can do is waiting. Second time another agent told me the card was mailed out already.
I stayed in BC.
myat said:
Hi aprilj,

Myat

MABS84

Apr 25, 2016
aprilj said:
I called them twice. First time they didn't tell me anything. They said only thing I can do is waiting. Second time another agent told me the card was mailed out already.
I stayed in BC.

Hi Aprilj, could you please tell me the phone number and the options you take to call the CIC and ask for your PR? It's been almost 2 months since I sent my new photos!!

Thank you in advance!!!

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myat said:
Hi aprilj,

1) Did you call CIC and check whether your photos are received by CIC? And CIC can confirm, they received your photos? No...sent my photos through Xpress post so I was able to see that the package was delivered the next day.
2) Or you never call CIC at all and just wait? Just waiting
3) Which province do you stay? Nova Scotia

Myat

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi you call this number +1-613-9444000 if you are outside of Canada and press 111 and direct to CIC and 2320 to speak with agent. Dont forget to call 8 AM Nova Scotia time otherwise you will always hear "we are receiving high call volume...". hope this will help.

MYat

MABS84 said:
Hi Aprilj, could you please tell me the phone number and the options you take to call the CIC and ask for your PR? It's been almost 2 months since I sent my new photos!!

Thank you in advance!!!