+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

pegasusy

Jan 30, 2018
My case is super complicated but long story in short:

Landed on Oct 17
Received photo request on Jan.17
Handed in photo twice:
- submit photo at local CIC office on Jan 15. They helped to mail photos with other stuff to Sydney, unable to track this date
- personally mailed it on Jan 17 and photo received on Jan 19
Got approved on Feb 7 afternoon
Haven't received card on Feb 09, just checked mailbox.

Reactions: Pharoh2846

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Just got my PR card approved. Here is my timeline.

Landed in Vancouver - Nov 11
Back to US - Nov 12
Photo requested - Jan 3
Photo sent - Jan 3
Photo delivered - Jan 10
PR card approved - Feb 9

Reactions: kirribilliCN

random101

Feb 9, 2018
Called up IRCC today and was told that my card was mailed yesterday, Feb 08.

Landed in Vancouver - Nov 04
Photo request - Dec 22
Photo Delivered - Dec 28

Thank you all.

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
Just got my PR card approved. Here is my timeline.

Landed in Vancouver - Nov 11
Back to US - Nov 12
Photo requested - Jan 3
Photo sent - Jan 3
Photo delivered - Jan 10
PR card approved - Feb 9
Hi! Can I ask, during the process do u get an update on the status of ur pr card?

Because I sent mine via Canada Post and I forgot to send it with a tracker...

I sent it last January 18... and I am afraid if they received it or not...

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Any new approvals today?

Also can someone who called and got response regarding the photos issue please give what phone number you called? I will be calling from U.S. Thanks in advance

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Hi! Can I ask, during the process do u get an update on the status of ur pr card?

Because I sent mine via Canada Post and I forgot to send it with a tracker...

I sent it last January 18... and I am afraid if they received it or not...
You can call them, they will provide a status update. You just need your UCI. Also ask them for your PR card application number and link it to your online account so you get updates.

sandosh_e

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2017
My PR card is approved just now. My timeline is:

Landed in Toronto - Nov 29
Photo requested - Jan 17
Photo sent - Jan 17
Photo delivered - Jan 22
PR card approved - Feb 13

Waiting for the PR card to be delivered.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I called IRCC now and was just told the second set of photos we sent are also no good, It is unfortunate how this is being dragged out. I am in the U.S (DFW area), did anyone here have a recommendation for a place where they got the Canadian photos that are good for the PR card center? I am running out of options because the last guy who took photos guaranteed his work and well let's just day his guarantee did no good.

winniej

Dec 8, 2017
I called IRCC now and was just told the second set of photos we sent are also no good, It is unfortunate how this is being dragged out. I am in the U.S (DFW area), did anyone here have a recommendation for a place where they got the Canadian photos that are good for the PR card center? I am running out of options because the last guy who took photos guaranteed his work and well let's just day his guarantee did no good.
I took my photo in London drugs!

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Once you get the photo copies, download an app which supports Canadian PR card measurements. All you have to do is, take a photo of the printed photograph and see if it fits between the green lines mentioned on the app. If yes, chances are minimal it will be denied for size. I used it last time and it seemed successful. All of above is assuming the issue is with measurements (most common issue). If it’s anything else (lighting, posture etc) then it’s tough to figure that out.

App name on App Store is Passport Photo - ID Photo (vsmedia.de) it’s a free app

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Once you get the photo copies, download an app which supports Canadian PR card measurements. All you have to do is, take a photo of the printed photograph and see if it fits between the green lines mentioned on the app. If yes, chances are minimal it will be denied for size. I used it last time and it seemed successful. All of above is assuming the issue is with measurements (most common issue). If it’s anything else (lighting, posture etc) then it’s tough to figure that out.

App name on App Store is Passport Photo - ID Photo (vsmedia.de) it’s a free app
Thanks for this. Frustrating thing is they don't necessarily tell you what's wrong with it either.