Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi Guys

Here is my updated

Resend Photo delivered to CIC on 22nd Dec 2017
PR card status approved today 5th Feb 2018

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Status of our applications changed to "approved" yesterday. So now expecting to get the cards in this week. Below are our timelines:

Landed in Toronto - Oct 20th
Got email to resend photos - Dec 14th.
Photos delivered at Sydney center: Dec 20th.
Congrats..

pegasusy

Jan 30, 2018
Hello members,
Anyone whose photo arrived in mid Jan 2018 has been approved or has any updates on processing status?
Thanks
mid Jan is a bit aggressive but according the post below yours, I bet they'll enter Jan's case tomorrow. If they are on Dec 22 now. Dec 23-25 were holiday's that Canada post closed. So are Dec 31-Jan. 1. It's a good wish but also possible that they'll reach mid Jan. by Friday

Reactions: induscan17

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
mid Jan is a bit aggressive but according the post below yours, I bet they'll enter Jan's case tomorrow. If they are on Dec 22 now. Dec 23-25 were holiday's that Canada post closed. So are Dec 31-Jan. 1. It's a good wish but also possible that they'll reach mid Jan. by Friday
Thank you very much for the reply :) will stay tight and cross my fingers

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I have seen some of Jan photo are processed, Mine is still in Review, photos received Jan 17, 2018, If any one in Jan got approved please update with date photo received... Thanks

pegasusy

Jan 30, 2018
I have seen some of Jan photo are processed, Mine is still in Review, photos received Jan 17, 2018, If any one in Jan got approved please update with date photo received... Thanks
Mine was delivered on Jan 19th. Would you mind letting me know when your case gets approved? I'm flying out of the country next week and will come back in two weeks. I'm trying to come up with a plan of how to get back : (. Travel document isn't an option due to its terribly long processing time.

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Mine was delivered on Jan 19th. Would you mind letting me know when your case gets approved? I'm flying out of the country next week and will come back in two weeks. I'm trying to come up with a plan of how to get back : (. Travel document isn't an option due to its terribly long processing time.
Mine was delivered on Jan 10. and status says, it's still in progress. If you don;t mind me asking, has your COPR expired? Mine is valid till Apr 10 and I believe you can re-enter Canada with the COPR along with your passport without travel document.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Mine was delivered on Jan 10. and status says, it's still in progress. If you don;t mind me asking, has your COPR expired? Mine is valid till Apr 10 and I believe you can re-enter Canada with the COPR along with your passport without travel document.
You can re-enter via land border with COPR if you are self - driving. By Air or via commercial transport (Bus/Train) on land you will be better off with a PRTD or PR card. Alternatively, if you happen to have a valid visitor's visa to Canada which didn't expire or otherwise canceled you can use that to show the airline and board flight, and once you get to immigration on your arrival present your COPR.

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
You can re-enter via land border with COPR if you are self - driving. By Air or via commercial transport (Bus/Train) on land you will be better off with a PRTD or PR card. Alternatively, if you happen to have a valid visitor's visa to Canada which didn't expire or otherwise canceled you can use that to show the airline and board flight, and once you get to immigration on your arrival present your COPR.
Yes, correct. So if the airline allows you to board the flight then you can show COPR when you arrive in Canada. The only issue is airline not allowing you to board. If you traveling to US, airline usually allow you to board (tried it many times). Other countries might be a problem.

pegasusy

Jan 30, 2018
My COPR is still valid. My understanding is COPR only works for crossing the border with a private vehicle. Aircraft, ships and buses are commercial vehicles and you need to present either PR card or PRTD to travel with commercial vehicles. My temporary visa (not the PR one) is still valid, but I don't want to risk it as all the agencies I have talked to, both the border agency and IRCC representitives, didn't mention I can still travel with the temporary visa.

I will go back to Ontario.....my worst case solution is flying to Chicago, taking bus/train to Detroit/Buffalo, walk across the bridge and somehow find my way home....

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
My COPR is still valid. My understanding is COPR only works for crossing the border with a private vehicle. Aircraft, ships and buses are commercial vehicles and you need to present either PR card or PRTD to travel with commercial vehicles. My temporary visa (not the PR one) is still valid, but I don't want to risk it as all the agencies I have talked to, both the border agency and IRCC representitives, didn't mention I can still travel with the temporary visa.

I will go back to Ontario.....my worst case solution is flying to Chicago, taking bus/train to Detroit/Buffalo, walk across the bridge and somehow find my way home....
That's what I was gonna suggest. Fly into Detroit and cross the border by driving into Canada. Btw, I live in Chicago (at least for now) till my PR card comes at my friend's place. I have a COPR still valid and also have my visitor visa valid for next couple of years. Hopefully, I wont have to use any of them. Good luck.

subgaj

Jan 17, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-05-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS done on 21 DEC 2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-04-2017
Passport Req..
14-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-11-2017
Hello guys. My application got approved for the PR card. Got an email today that my profile has been updated. My timeline is as:
Landed in Canada: 03Nov2017
Photo Request: 28Dec2017
Photo submitted by mail: 02Jan2018
Photo reached CIC PR card CPC: 08Jan2018
Application approved: 07Feb2018
Expecting PR card in the mail by Monday or Tuesday as Canada Post won't deliver it on weekends.
Hope this helps.
Thanks all for ur support!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharoh2846

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys. My application got approved for the PR card. Got an email today that my profile has been updated. My timeline is as:
Landed in Canada: 03Nov2017
Photo Request: 28Dec2017
Photo submitted by mail: 02Jan2018
Photo reached CIC PR card CPC: 08Jan2018
Application approved: 07Feb2018
Expecting PR card in the mail by Monday or Tuesday as Canada Post won't deliver it on weekends.
Hope this helps.
Thanks all for ur support!!
Good to see that they started in Jan, mine was received Jan 17

priyaaa

May 16, 2017
My timeline
Landing: 08 Nov 2017
Photo Request: 02 Jan 2018
Photo submitted by mail: 04 Jan 2018
Application approved: 06 Feb 2018