+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for supplementary evidence

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
So there is no harm in confirming with CIC..if it's authentic ..there is nothing to lose...from Friday night to monday morning..your Citizenship application is not going to jump the queue

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
So I called CIC and the email is genuine. But the officer I spoke to, said she wasn't sure why the agent working on your case has not updated the information where it can be viewed online. She does see that an email was sent , but she was concerned for she isn't able to seek what was sent. Also, she wasn't sure what the officer meant in a few incomplete sentences in the email. She said she will put a note on the file that those points need a clarification and meanwhile I can send whatever info I have and seeks clarification via email on what's incomplete.

So all in a all, the email is genuine.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello,
I have applied for citizenship in June 2019. since long my application shows online status as ' In process' . as usual for all applicants. Today, with my surprise, I got an email from email id: IRCC.DNVerifications-VerificationRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
asking for additional supplementary information about colour copy of my passport, my educational transcripts, Rental agreements, Pay stubs of employments, my child's report cards etc.. and provide all this information and documents within 30 days by email.

The email stated my UCI, my citizenship application No. and my name. but it's only in English. and mentioned to send documents and information only by email.
I have really doubts about this email as CIC never ask to send information/documents by email.

If anyone can guide me, really helpful for further steps including how to contact CIC about this.
Did your decision was made ? can u please share your timeline ?

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I recieved the exact same email today. ..they used my name correct client id and application number. If it's a fraud ..it's a fraud of a huge magnitude. Here's why I suspect them .

1. They have asked the documents to be send my replying to the email and not by post. 2 . They have asked color photocopies of all the documents. 3. A govt link in the email doesn't point to where it says it does. 4. It has the name of the IRCC officer at the end..which is unusual. 5. It has a threatening tone at the beginning to furnish all documents in 30 days, whereas one of the documents that has to be requested from the govt takes upto 30 days. 6. My online account shows no update on my citizenship application. 7. The officers Danny singh..who has a linked account with very short employment history and no education or background details. So I am going to call CIC before I send anything. Please don't send anything unless you confirm with CIC.
Did your decision was made ? can u please share your timeline ?

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
Had my Test in June and in July they scheduled the oath ceremony for December ! This is as per the status online. No email from cic yet

Reactions: raaj051