+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for supplementary evidence

ansh

Aug 2, 2013
Hello,
I have applied for citizenship in June 2019. since long my application shows online status as ' In process' . as usual for all applicants. Today, with my surprise, I got an email from email id: IRCC.DNVerifications-VerificationRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
asking for additional supplementary information about colour copy of my passport, my educational transcripts, Rental agreements, Pay stubs of employments, my child's report cards etc.. and provide all this information and documents within 30 days by email.

The email stated my UCI, my citizenship application No. and my name. but it's only in English. and mentioned to send documents and information only by email.
I have really doubts about this email as CIC never ask to send information/documents by email.

If anyone can guide me, really helpful for further steps including how to contact CIC about this.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello,
I have applied for citizenship in June 2019. since long my application shows online status as ' In process' . as usual for all applicants. Today, with my surprise, I got an email from email id: IRCC.DNVerifications-VerificationRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
asking for additional supplementary information about colour copy of my passport, my educational transcripts, Rental agreements, Pay stubs of employments, my child's report cards etc.. and provide all this information and documents within 30 days by email.

The email stated my UCI, my citizenship application No. and my name. but it's only in English. and mentioned to send documents and information only by email.
I have really doubts about this email as CIC never ask to send information/documents by email.

If anyone can guide me, really helpful for further steps including how to contact CIC about this.
You can check your online ECAS portal to confirm if they sent out any requests as it will be on your ECAS portal. You can also contact IRCC on their contact number.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

It seems genuine only. Even our citizenship receipt/acknowledgement emails were in English only. Possibly you requested the communication to be in English in your application(like me) hence how can you expect them to send in both languages. So start preparing documents and send it instead of delaying.

if possible could you please share more information:
Didnt you send the color copy of passport earlier with your application?
Is your education falls within the 5 year eligibility period?
Did you submit any letter from the school for the child earlier with the application?
Any time period they mentioned on the documents you need to prepare?
If possible please list all the documents they requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: royce110

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
I recieved the exact same email today. ..they used my name correct client id and application number. If it's a fraud ..it's a fraud of a huge magnitude. Here's why I suspect them .

1. They have asked the documents to be send my replying to the email and not by post. 2 . They have asked color photocopies of all the documents. 3. A govt link in the email doesn't point to where it says it does. 4. It has the name of the IRCC officer at the end..which is unusual. 5. It has a threatening tone at the beginning to furnish all documents in 30 days, whereas one of the documents that has to be requested from the govt takes upto 30 days. 6. My online account shows no update on my citizenship application. 7. The officers Danny singh..who has a linked account with very short employment history and no education or background details. So I am going to call CIC before I send anything. Please don't send anything unless you confirm with CIC.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello,

Refer this article, https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1205&top=31

Reactions: Son-of-A-Gun

ansh

Aug 2, 2013
I recieved the exact same email today. ..they used my name correct client id and application number. If it's a fraud ..it's a fraud of a huge magnitude. Here's why I suspect them .

1. They have asked the documents to be send my replying to the email and not by post. 2 . They have asked color photocopies of all the documents. 3. A govt link in the email doesn't point to where it says it does. 4. It has the name of the IRCC officer at the end..which is unusual. 5. It has a threatening tone at the beginning to furnish all documents in 30 days, whereas one of the documents that has to be requested from the govt takes upto 30 days. 6. My online account shows no update on my citizenship application. 7. The officers Danny singh..who has a linked account with very short employment history and no education or background details. So I am going to call CIC before I send anything. Please don't send anything unless you confirm with CIC.
Yes. The same name and same time period.. strange.. how they got the application no and UCI??
Where to call CIC?

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
Yes. The same name and same time period.. strange.. how they got the application no and UCI??
Where to call CIC?
18882422100 that's CIC.. you can call and verify . Call centres are open untill 4 pm local times on weekdays

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
No harm in calling CIC ... Why do you say it's genuine ? One should be watchful...the scammers watch such threads too.
I am saying not to call. Call as you wish good luck finding an agent, w. The email is 100% genuine . First: it is coming from correct domain( all comm came to me from this domain), check it online and all comms from ircc using that domain. Second how could spammers knows his file number and that he has citizenship application(should be super smart hacker). Third, I received English only comm from IRCC in some occasions it is not very unusual.
Good to be careful but I won’t waste time I bet 10$ it is 100% authentic.
Cheers.

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
I am saying not to call. Call as you wish good luck finding an agent, w. The email is 100% genuine . First: it is coming from correct domain( all comm came to me from this domain), check it online and all comms from ircc using that domain. Second how could spammers knows his file number and that he has citizenship application(should be super smart hacker). Third, I received English only comm from IRCC in some occasions it is not very unusual.
Good to be careful but I won’t waste time I bet 10$ it is 100% authentic.
Cheers.
A lot of accounts with GC key were hacked in August as per Information on CIC website. It's not very difficult to fake n mask domain when accounts on CIC be hacked. I would act with caution. I have recieved email from CIC in Feb as well .. requesting RCMP clearance..that came from a do not reply to email and the same was posted on my CIC file online as well. So I won't trust this email for sure.

Reactions: royce110

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
Not accurate , if domain i
A lot of accounts with GC key were hacked in August as per Information on CIC website. It's not very difficult to fake n mask domain when accounts on CIC be hacked. I would act with caution. I have recieved email from CIC in Feb as well .. requesting RCMP clearance..that came from a do not reply to email and the same was posted on my CIC file online as well. So I won't trust this email for sure.
Your reply is not 100% accurate if the domain is current it is IRCC. Please don’t urge this point I work in IT and can ask any it professional here. To end the discussion below is IRCC email practices

, if you received an email, please click here to determine if it was a scam: ow.ly/YTME30hZLXn. If you received a telephone call, please click here: ow.ly/IpWb30hZLYr. Thank you

also simple google search 100s confirming that this email is valid and they requested the same. No harm checking with an agent but won’t risk timeline

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
I copied this from the link you pasted:

Reply instructions are included in the email.
  • For example, if you are asked to submit additional documents, you will be instructed not to reply to the email. Instead, you will have to follow the instructions included in the email to submit the requested documents.

Anarayan

Nov 27, 2020
Another piece of info from the link you pasted above:

The email you received might be a scam or a phishing scheme if:

• you are told that your quick action is required to prevent negative consequences such as your application being cancelled or your account suspended.