Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
finally recieved our PPR yesterday night around 11.30PM...such a big relief....words cant express our feelings....i have couple of questions.. i need suggestions

in the email CIC asked to send all the passports in one mail package...problem is ...my wife lives in another country and i am not able to send our passport togather unless i have her passport mailed to me and then send both togather to ottawa...

in the email CIC also mentions that to contact them if any of us is living out of north america and unable to send passport to ottawa ..they will make arrengement to have the PR visa sticker put in at the responsible VFS oversease

which will be the best and fastest option.... have my wife mail by ups the passport to me and then send both passports togather to cic..once i get back i will have to send hers back to her... or..... send only mine to cic and have my wifes passport sent to VFS/canadian embassy after CIC makes arrengement.

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
Update :- I got confirmation from CIC that my spouse has been added and I can submit the passport. No separate medical required for PR.

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
movie said:
finally recieved our PPR yesterday night around 11.30PM...such a big relief....words can express our feelings....i have couple of questions.. i need suggestions

in the email CIC asked to send all the passports in one mail package...problem is ...my wife lives in another country and i am not able to send our passport togather unless i have her passport mailed to me and then send both togather to ottawa...

in the email CIC also mentions that to contact them if any of us is living out of north america and unable to send passport to ottawa ..they will make arrengement to have the PR visa sticker put in at the responsible VFS oversease

which will be the best and fastest option.... have my wife mail by ups the passport to me and then send both passports togather to cic..once i get back i will have to send hers back to her... or..... send only mine to cic and have my wifes passport sent to VFS/canadian embassy after CIC makes arrengement.
if ur home country is India, You cannot ask ur wife to mail the passport out of India through UPS. It is illegal as per Indian laws. (not sure how it is in any other country)The best and legal way to do this is to inform CIC that ur dependant is in ur home country and they will arrange for stamping in ur home country.

I am not allowed to paste links in here for some reason hence I am pasting the response from a user who did exactly the same thing and got the passport in 6 weeks

Good news for all...
I received "PR visitor visa" duly stamped on passports along with "CPR/ COPR". The time line is for 1 year from original mail from CIC for medical test.
Best part is - I submitted all the passports at VFS office and in 6 weeks I got it back with all documentation done. Hence no hassle or risk of sending passport to Canada which is illegal too.
My honest suggestion for "PR Visit visa" and "CPR/ COPR" - if you are in India, you must go to nearest VFS office and get it done. They charge Rs.400 per passport for processing.
All the best

All the Best and Congrats.

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
movie said:
finally recieved our PPR yesterday night around 11.30PM...such a big relief....words can express our feelings....i have couple of questions.. i need suggestions

I have sent u the link though personal message.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hi I have similar kind of situation . I got my passport requested on Dec 19 , 2013 but i was going back home to get married on Jan 30 2014 and i emailed cic and notified them . they asked me to send couple forms for my spouse which i had sent and now they have asked me to submit proof of relationship and questionnaire filled along with pictures of my wedding . I read this forum and saw you guys had same situation , but my lawyer says its not usual to get such kind of requests. Please help me guys ...not sure what to do ...

ZZ to be strong

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014 Marriage Questionarre
AOR Received.
18-11-2013
Sanj said:
Hi I have similar kind of situation . I got my passport requested on Dec 19 , 2013 but i was going back home to get married on Jan 30 2014 and i emailed cic and notified them . they asked me to send couple forms for my spouse which i had sent and now they have asked me to submit proof of relationship and questionnaire filled along with pictures of my wedding . I read this forum and saw you guys had same situation , but my lawyer says its not usual to get such kind of requests. Please help me guys ...not sure what to do ...
Hello, friend, I have the same situation with you, only difference is I even haven't got my medical request yet and CIC sent email on Apr 9 2014 to request more docs to supporting me and my spouse relationship. We got married on Oct 22 2013 afterI submited my CEC case on Oct 2 2014. I added my husband as a spouse on Feb 2014. I mailed out my additional docs on Apr 30 2014. Nothing come back yet :(
I think CEC changed their process now, most of applicants who added spouse after they submitted the case all received this kind of email from CIC. My suggestion is preparing your doc and submit ASAP. Don't worry too much :)

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kumar26 said:
I have sent u the link though personal message.
yup..got it..going over it...thanks much bro

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanj said:
i am not sure why your lawyer saying it is not usual but what i am seeing her it is quiet normal for CIC now days to ask for such documents, doesnt matter if you add your spouse at a latter stage of processing or have her as dependent from beginning...and it only makes sense for CIC to ask all these documents as marriage fraud is a huge issue and CIC is very much aware about it. i would say..dont worry...just do and give what CIC is requesting..be honest and do not hide any information...it will be okay..worst case is that it might take a bit longer time ..thats all..

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
movie said:
i am not sure why your lawyer saying it is not usual but what i am seeing her it is quiet normal for CIC now days to ask for such documents, doesnt matter if you add your spouse at a latter stage of processing or have her as dependent from beginning...and it only makes sense for CIC to ask all these documents as marriage fraud is a huge issue and CIC is very much aware about it. i would say..dont worry...just do and give what CIC is requesting..be honest and do not hide any information...it will be okay..worst case is that it might take a bit longer time ..thats all..
Thank you so much for great help ... Can you help me with processing time of application after receiving all the requested documents

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanj said:
Thank you so much for great help ... Can you help me with processing time of application after receiving all the requested documents
every case is different brother...i have seen here people in similar case like getting PPR within a month after CIC receiving all documents they asked for...some people still waiting...and for me it took more than 2 months to get PPR after CIC got all the docs....

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
I got PPR after 20 days of CIC getting all the documents (marriage questionnaire and marriage pics etc).

This is very normal and it makes sense to ask all these docs. Not sure why your lawyer says it is not a good sign, I believe if ur case is genuine u dont have to worry about it. Just submit the Documents and CIC will instruct you what should be ur next step.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
movie said:
every case is different brother...i have seen here people in similar case like getting PPR within a month after CIC receiving all documents they asked for...some people still waiting...and for me it took more than 2 months to get PPR after CIC got all the docs....
Thank you so much for help:)
My spouse got the medicals done too ..immigration asked for medicals right after i added my spouse but now after 2 months of medicals they requested these documents . I am not worried about the documents , the only question in my mind is the processing time ... Even though the medicals are done !!!

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanj said:
Thank you so much for help:)
My spouse got the medicals done too ..immigration asked for medicals right after i added my spouse but now after 2 months of medicals they requested these documents . I am not worried about the documents , the only question in my mind is the processing time ... Even though the medicals are done !!!
be patience...good news will come...patience is the key