+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reporting to CBSA

Priya34

Sep 6, 2018
I know someone who is using fake documents and paid money to job to get a work permit in Canada.

I reported this to CBSA and the person has once gone to border to get Work permit and he was refuse to get work permit and asked him to bring some employers paper. What are the chance of him getting caught and do CBSA TAKE reports of fraud seriously

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I know someone who is using fake documents and paid money to job to get a work permit in Canada.

I reported this to CBSA and the person has once gone to border to get Work permit and he was refuse to get work permit and asked him to bring some employers paper. What are the chance of him getting caught and do CBSA TAKE reports of fraud seriously
Is this related to https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/appointment-with-cbsa-officer-at-border.616862/

Very high chance of getting caught, because CBSA have computers & databases. They take it very seriously.

Reactions: Priya34

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Is it a genuine job offer and a genuine LMIA?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I went to border to get closed work permit but officer refused me saying i need to bring some tax documents from my employer. He sezuie my passport and ask to come back on a specific date and time. Is this something i have to worry about

In the other thread, it was you that went to the border, were refused a work permit and had your passport seized. Now, the story changes to you reporting "someone" for fraud and them being refused at the border.

So someone reported YOU for fraud and you are here trying to find out if you will be able to get away with it.

Reactions: jaseenaliottawa

Priya34

Sep 6, 2018
In the other thread, it was you that went to the border, were refused a work permit and had your passport seized. Now, the story changes to you reporting "someone" for fraud and them being refused at the border.

So someone reported YOU for fraud and you are here trying to find out if you will be able to get away with it.
I reported for someone want to know if CBSA would take it seroous or not.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I reported for someone want to know if CBSA would take it seroous or not.
Are you sure it's not you who got reported by someone else for using fraudulent documents (Fake LMIA)?... ;)
Nobody can help you if you're not being honest and not giving the full picture.

They seized your passport under suspicion of fraud, and you're now wondering "how seriously they take will take this"....

Priya34

Sep 6, 2018
Are you sure it's not you who got reported by someone else for using fraudulent documents (Fake LMIA)?... ;)
Nobody can help you if you're not being honest and not giving the full picture.

They seized your passport under suspicion of fraud, and you're now wondering "how seriously they take will take this"....
Yes it not me...i m PR in Canada and i have reported about some one and i m honest about it. I m just wonder did they seized the passport because of the report or officer seriously need to look at emloyers papers. As officer have not questioned anything to the person.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes it not me...i m PR in Canada and i have reported about some one and i m honest about it. I m just wonder did they seized the passport because of the report or officer seriously need to look at emloyers papers. As officer have not questioned anything to the person.
Quoted from your other thread:
Hi

I went to border to get closed work permit but officer refused me saying i need to bring some tax documents from my employer. He sezuie my passport and ask to come back on a specific date and time. Is this something i have to worry about

If you are a Permanent Resident in Canada, why did you "go to the border" to get a work permit?

You don't need a work permit to work in Canada if you're a Permanent Resident...

And then, other quote from other thread:
I m on visitor visa in Canada. I have got Lmia apporved by my employer. I m not over staying.
You said you're on a visitor visa...
But now you say you're a Permanent Resident?...

Sorry. Your story isn't clear!

Priya34

Sep 6, 2018
Quoted from your other thread:

If you are a Permanent Resident in Canada, why did you "go to the border" to get a work permit?

You don't need a work permit to work in Canada if you're a Permanent Resident...

And then, other quote from other thread:

You said you're on a visitor visa...
But now you say you're a Permanent Resident?...

Sorry. Your story isn't clear!
Yes i m permanent Resident. I reported for someone who is visitor went to border to get work permit. I m trying to find is it because of reporting that he was not issued a work permit or something else. This is what it is.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This probably explains why you/'someone' are being investigated for fraudulent documents and applying for a work permit using these fraudulent documents. Nonetheless, you were given one opportunity to take the requested employer documents to CBSA.

With your/'someone''s passport seized, it is possible that CBSA is preparing to issue removal orders or else to cancel the TRV

Last edited:
Reactions: Priya34 and scylla

Priya34

Sep 6, 2018
This probably explains why you/'someone' are being investigated for fraudulent documents and applying for a work permit using these fraudulent documents. Nonetheless, you were given one opportunity to take the requested employer documents to CBSA.

With your/'someone''s passport seized, it is possible that CBSA is preparing to issue removal orders or else to cancel the TRV
I hope this happens as the people who r trying to play smart with immigration shd be removed but as officer havent questioned him anything is concerned to me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Why don't we all wait to see what happens next? CBSA had the passport and the "person" doesn't have a work permit. Looks like the system is working fine so far.