Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Hi,

It is time for me to renew my PR card, and I have a few questions specific to my situation:

Shortly after I got my PR many years ago I got a job offer from abroad, and subsequently moved to a different country to take up this position. I moved with my common law partner who sponsored me for family immigration to Canada, and we got married a few years later. In the soon to be 5 years of my Canada PR status, I have lived abroad in different countries almost the whole time (minus around 6 months in Canada in between moves). I have lived with my wife the whole time so I do satisfy my residency obligations despite spending most of the time abroad. Now, my issue is that we have done lots and lots of traveling in various countries in this time, and I am wondering if I literally have to document every single trip we have done in Question 21 on travel history in IMM 5444 F (application for PR card). The purpose would be to document that I have spent the time abroad TOGETHER with my sponsor as this is required to count the days abroad towards residency obligations. Or is it sufficient to document the places where we lived together (which is where we spent the majority of our time) and not worry about recording every little holiday to other countries that we did?

Furthermore, we still live abroad so I do not have a Canadian residential address. Is this a problem? Can I use the address of my in-laws who live in Canada? We go there to visit all the time and there would be no issues receiving mail to this address.

Thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated. I would call Immigration Canada but last time I tried they had blocked all phone calls from abroad as well as phone calls from Skype :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The card will only be mailed to a Canadian address. Some people have it sent to family or friends, who then courier it to the PR, BUT...sometimes CIC makes the PR pick up the card in person at a CIC office. Be prepared for that possibility!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011