+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing Canadian Refugee Travel Document

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by letsgocarl, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Already clarified at the beginning of the thread.

2. Did you get any info to your question?

3. Brother please stay in Canada until you get ur pr if u live it will be very difficult for to come back it happened to me last year.
    I will never advise you to do that.

4. Hi ,just need information regarding my Blue Travel document, its expired now .I have PR card and my origin passport as well.so If I want to travel aboard do I need to reapply new Travel document again or I should travel on my origin passport and get visa to travel that country.
    thanks.

Jalalcananda likes this.
  5. Definitely get a travel document. Don't use your home country passport. Using your home country passport to travel can cause issues during the citizenship process. Best to play it safe and use the travel document to travel.

sss12345 and Jalalcananda like this.
  6. You need a travel document that now is called certificate of identity because you have PR. NEVER USE OR RENEW YOUR HOME COUNTRY PASSPORT.

sss12345 likes this.
  7. Just a minor correction, as refugees we are only entitled to a Refugee Travel Document, not a Certificate of Identity even if we have PR. Certificate of Identity is for PR who are not refugees and are not able to apply for a travel document from their home country or are stateless.

captains, juanchof33 and canuck78 like this.
  8. Ye protected people remain protected people even when they get they PR.

sss12345 likes this.
  9. I was going to have a flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong and Nepal afterwards with Canadian Refugee Travel Document. While checking in with the Canadian custom immigration at the Vancouver airport, the custom department stopped me from boarding the flight because my Refugee travel document is going to expire in the next 3 months, which is not acceptable because they require at least of 6 months if validity. In this situation, can I extend my Refugee Travel document for another 3 months so that it meets the passport validity criteria and fly. It is an urgent situation, I have been in airport for 3 days now. Please any suggestion.

10. Why have you not left the airport? You have to contact the department that issues RTDs. Even urgent processing, if that exists for RTDs, would likely be a week.

11. Hi
    Today I got back my RTD with objection

Gurantor last Required

After submission then again will they take same time , they returned it after 22 days .
    Thanks

12. My Travel Document is expiring soon and I need to renew it. Will I get 5 years Travel Doc if I have PR?

13. THIS IS WRONG. PLEASE DO NOT MISGUIDE PEOPLE IF NOT SURE OF THE ANSWER. HE WILL STILL GET A NEW RTD EVEN THOUGH HE IS A PR

14. Yes you are right it is wrong. It is from a long time ago so not sure what I was thinking. People can misread posts and answer incorrectly so on a public forum someone can correct me. People corrected me at the time and I am unable to delete it. No need to yell. It is a post from 1.5 years ago.

captains likes this.