+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of permanent residency card on H&C grounds

R

rish888

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can transfer 1 month before you graduate. Your travel date should be as soon as you can feasibly return to Canada.

omarjamalkhatib

Jul 9, 2017
Just a quick note;

In replying to Secularfirst, I attached a list of factors considered when making a H&C decision. Go over them, and when writing your letter try to show how each of these factors are a positive in your case.

My two cents on writing your H&C letter,

1: Stress you did not choose to leave Canada, stay abroad for as long as you did, and violate your RO.

2: Emphasize that you want to return to Canada permanently, be a productive member of society etc. Stress that now that you are an adult and in charge of your life, you will fulfill your RO and make Canada your home.

3: Be preemptive and say that while you are 22, you only found out now that your are a PR (attach supporting documentation) and that you acted on it as soon as you found out. Also emphasize that had you known sooner, you would have tried to return as soon as possible.

4: Express to the panel what hardship you would suffer if you lost your PR status, how this would affect your life.
Well as I said before am gonna graduate from university after a month should I write that am willing to transfer to a canadian university to finish my bachelor degree there or should I put the traveling date in August what do u think ?

R

rish888

Honestly, I don't think this really matters. However, I'm not professional, take my advice with a grain of salt.

Maybe some other members on the forum can provide more specific answers to your questions.

Riceindia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I have written this in my PRTD application could you guys do me a favor and help with with it and what are my chances at being accepted
My family initiated the process to immigrate to Canada several years ago, but my father decided to go back to Jordan because he claims he could not support us financially. it was my understanding that we did not make it far enough in the process to get my PR, leaving Canada when I was just 11 years old. Recently however I found out that I did in fact have a PR,I emailed the embassy immediately to figure out what my next step should be, had I not been kept in the dark about it, I would have applied immediately and went to school in Canada as soon as I become an independent adult, instead I went to a Jordanian university and will be graduating next month as a mechanical engineer.
Am 22 years old now
Hi Omar, could you please elaborate or share with me what exactly you wrote and what all documents you attached on your PRTD document. Because my reason is same as yours.

Please reply.,

R

rish888

Hi Omar, could you please elaborate or share with me what exactly you wrote and what all documents you attached on your PRTD document. Because my reason is same as yours.

Please reply.,
He was last active on this forum in August. A response is probably unlikely. Also, your H&C grounds are not the same as his. You are way above 18 and have been working for a while. Your removed as a minor H&C ship has sailed.