+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote working for CEC

NWilliamson88

Jan 21, 2021
I'm in the same situation. I got stuck in England for 4 months due to COVID border closures and airline cancellations and worked remotely. I am barely able to make up the 4 months before my visa ends - I am short by around 1 week but this depends on holiday allowancss .

I have applied for CEC anyway and will submit my application as late as possible with a letter of explanation and see what happens.

kai_unique

Oct 5, 2017
hey, can anyone confirm will it be counted or not, my case is getting worse, It's been almost 5 months and I don't think I can go back for another month. I started my job while I was in Canada and my one year is complete. what should I do? any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

NWilliamson88

Jan 21, 2021
hey, can anyone confirm will it be counted or not, my case is getting worse, It's been almost 5 months and I don't think I can go back for another month. I started my job while I was in Canada and my one year is complete. what should I do? any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
I can confirm that it won't be counted, I checked with an immigration lawter and CIC. You will need to wait until you return to Canada and then make up the time.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi did they pass your eligibility I am eagerly waiting for your reply, as I have also remotely worked for 2 months in India, did you order GCMS notes to check the status?
nope not yet. everything is in progress. How can i order GCMS notes. for that someone needs to be in canada right. can i order it from india?

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
nope not yet. everything is in progress. How can i order GCMS notes. for that someone needs to be in canada right. can i order it from india?
you cant order from India. you can apply through third party ex: getgcms. Just google you will find number of options

anuukurapati

Apr 5, 2021
HI, I recently completed my masters in CS and I got a job which is 100 % remote work, but my payslips are generated from Quebec, but my concern is I am planning to move to toronto in next 5 months and I am planning to apply for Canadian experience Class PR, so will I get any issues when I apply for PR since my payslips are generating from quebec, but I am staying at ontario ?

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: Mike0921

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
HI, I recently completed my masters in CS and I got a job which is 100 % remote work, but my payslips are generated from Quebec, but my concern is I am planning to move to toronto in next 5 months and I am planning to apply for Canadian experience Class PR, so will I get any issues when I apply for PR since my payslips are generating from quebec, but I am staying at ontario ?

Thanks in Advance
No, you will be fine as long as you are physically in Canada

Reactions: Mike0921

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Thank You!! Do I need to provide any extra supporting documents like providing any reason to stay in ontario rather than staying at quebec since my office is located at quebec
No you wont need to. On express entry, you state where you lived and where you worked. You might want to clarify it in the LOE but for CEC, remote work in canada is totally fine

Reactions: anuukurapati

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
You can request from anywhere in the world, if you have a Canadian friend or relative in Canada or in India they can request on your behalf as well otherwise you can see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu before deciding to request from IRCC or CBSA