+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote working for CEC

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, Am in the same boat.
Hi

your remote work experience Counted by CIC for 1 year . I am in same situation and got ITA . But not sure if I should accept it or reject it . I worked 50 weeks in Canada but 2-3 works remotely.
Hi Am in the same boat. Am completing 1 year in Canada next week but I have worked remotely from India for 5 weeks back in October 2019. Can you please let me know if you have accepted your ITA ? and how did it go?

PaulTkn

Jun 12, 2020
Same situation, had work permit, but was working from India for 5 weeks. Can we claim this 5 weeks towards 1 year experience?

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Same here, I was stuck in India due to Covid and I have been working here since 5 months for same Canadian employer. Now, I am not sure whether this experience will be counted towards CEC eligibility.

Someone who had similar situation, please advise. Thank you

Psingh31

Oct 13, 2020
I was in a same boat . Called cic to confirm this. The guy who picked up phone wasn’t sure either so he said i have to ask someone about it. He came back and said yes you can work remotely as long as you have work permit, when you started job you were in canada, payroll is continuos and in candian bank. It will be counting towards CEC

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
I was in a same boat . Called cic to confirm this. The guy who picked up phone wasn’t sure either so he said i have to ask someone about it. He came back and said yes you can work remotely as long as you have work permit, when you started job you were in canada, payroll is continuos and in candian bank. It will be counting towards CEC
Thanks for the info.

Even I called IRCC and the agent was not too sure, so he checked the website and told me that work experience has to be gained in Canada. Work exp from outside Canada will not be counted towards CEC even though we are getting paid in CAD that's what he told me at the end. I think they aren't sure about this and it may depend on the VO as this is a pandemic situation.

How many months have you worked from outside Canada and did you receive ITA?

masoud2020

Dec 29, 2020
Hey, what did you do? Did the count those weeks you were in your country?

masoud2020

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks for the info.

Even I called IRCC and the agent was not too sure, so he checked the website and told me that work experience has to be gained in Canada. Work exp from outside Canada will not be counted towards CEC even though we are getting paid in CAD that's what he told me at the end. I think they aren't sure about this and it may depend on the VO as this is a pandemic situation.

How many months have you worked from outside Canada and did you receive ITA?
Did they count those weeks?

masoud2020

Dec 29, 2020
I am claiming my periods when I was not in Canada but working to my company. I spent 6 weeks abroad with working. I have pay stub also. I don't see any issue but wait for some experts' answer.
Everyone says different stories. I got stuck in my country when I traveled but still was able to work remotely. Waiting for experts.

masoud2020

Dec 29, 2020
Not sure still, I submitted my application on Nov 16, 2020 and it will take few more months for eligibility to pass. So, waiting waiting..
Thank you for your reply. Please let us know what happens. You were away for 5 months? I got stuck for two months in my country because of Covid so I do not know if I should work two more months to file.

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Please let us know what happens. You were away for 5 months? I got stuck for two months in my country because of Covid so I do not know if I should work two more months to file.
Yes, I went to home country right before covid outbreak on March 3rd and I added an explanation and original return tickets in my application. I strongly believe it depends on the Visa Officer who is reviewing our documents as this is a global pandemic. I will let you know when I hear something.

But I heard from one of the guys that he had travelled multiple times to his home country(nearly 2 months in total) in his 1 year Canadian experience and his eligibility was passed.