Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Got my TRF yesterday and applied for re-mark today. My result was:

IDP 2nd June 2018 (India) GT

L - 9
R - 8.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

Applied EOR for writing only. Hope the band increases.

I'm applying for 2nd june result too.

BC
L8.5
R8
W6.5
S7.5

Good luck !

Harsh_Dream_Canada

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

Got my TRF on 2nd June and applied for re-mark today. My result was:

British Council 12th May 2018 (India) GT

L - 9
R - 8.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

I am not very confident on my writing , but do you guys think it can still go up by .5?

R.Zoheb

Jun 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

Got my TRF on 2nd June and applied for re-mark today. My result was:

British Council 12th May 2018 (India) GT

L - 9
R - 8.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

I am not very confident on my writing , but do you guys think it can still go up by .5?
To be frank if u aint confident dn itz waste to apply fo EOR..
Frst ur money vl b wasted if d score doesnt change next BC is takin 2 months to give the results..
Even I applied for writing EOR bt the score remained d same
24th march 2018 (BC)
L -8
R-7.5
S-7.5
W-6.5

miatk

Jun 15, 2018
Got my TRF yesterday and applied for re-mark today. My result was:

IDP 2nd June 2018 (India) GT

L - 9
R - 8.5
S - 7
W - 6.5

Applied EOR for writing only. Hope the band increases.
Best of luck
Don’t forget to share your EOR result.
I’m waiting for result also.

Harsh_Dream_Canada

Jun 19, 2018
Frst ur money vl b wasted if d score doesnt change next BC is takin 2 months to give the results..
24th march 2018 (BC)
L -8
R-7.5
S-7.5
W-6.5

Oh OK thanks, I have already applied lets see what happens, I will update the Result soon.

emcee_sa

Jun 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've been combing through this thread ever since I submitted my EOR last 22 May 2018 and it has kept me sane while waiting. Seeing the common questions here, I'll attempt to provide relevant details.

Exam date: 17 May 2018; 2nd attempt. Previous attempt was LRWS 8.5, 8.5, 7.0, 8.0.
Type and provider: Academic-IDP Sydney, computer-based. I've taken TOEFL several years ago and I must say it's similar except the speaking part which is still a face-to-face interview.
Result available: 19 May 2018. Computer-based IELTS promises to release results in 7 days so I was quite surprised when it came out as quickly as it did. Provisional results came via SMS and fell on a weekend.
Initial results: LRWS: 8.5, 9.0, 7.5, 8.5. I need an 8.0 in writing so I applied for an EOR. I was initially hesitant because I felt like I had not done my best, but seeing that a 0.5 increase is common I decided to go ahead with it.
EOR submission: 22 May 2018.
EOR acknowledgment: 24 May 2018 from IDP Melbourne.
Email indicating that EOR is completed: 13 June 2018. No word on the result itself and that it can't be divulged through email or phone. I paid for express mail but as of today the actual TRF is not with me.
Are changes available online? YES, but this comes with a huge caveat; only if your EOR decision is within the 28-day period after the exam date, otherwise NO. Also, they take a while to update and periods are variable. I've previously seen on this thread that if results do change, they happen within 48 hours. On my part it took 5 days for changes to show up; in the meantime I was wallowing in despair and was already preparing for the next test lol. I reckon it's because the decision came mid-week and weekend intervened, hence the delay.
EOR result: Changed, writing went up to 8.0. Finally!

So to those who only need 0.5 in their band score, I say go for it. But please, before anything else, practice practice practice.

My advice to test takers: If you're having issues with writing, avail of tuition and essay checking services but if you can't, ieltsliz.com was the model I used. One of her followers achieved 9's for all of the bands. Still, having my essays checked was a great way of improving. Understand the question, plan the answer and completely address the question, use complex sentences. For higher bands, even if the grammar is on-point it wouldn't matter if the answer is completely made up of simple sentences.

For speaking, speak formally and slowly. Be talkative; if the interviewer asks for your opinion, offer the contrary opinion first, then yours. Be as descriptive as possible. Mind your grammar; they will catch the slightest errors. Again, I cannot emphasize it enough, USE FORMAL LANGUAGE.

Finally, I have taken IELTS thrice, first time four years ago and I also received 7.0 in writing, so more or less without practice, it is an accurate measure of language ability. English is not my first language but I must admit I'm perfectly bilingual. In my opinion is that it is not a perfect measure of your English ability and if you are already great with the language, it becomes a matter of test technique. Know the format, practice in test conditions!

For those waiting for their EOR, good luck and hang in there!

harjitdhir

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
24th march 2018 (BC)
L -8
R-7.5
S-7.5
W-6.5
Hey !

I have applied EOR for 24 March 18(BC) result too.
Could you please tell me when you got the result and how long did it take ? And were you informed about the results via email or sms ?

I'd appreciate a response.
Thank you.

harjinder461

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hello sir I’m Harjinder singh from india
My test date -7th june
My result -L6 s-6.5 R -6.5 w-5.5
Should i apply for re-marks in writing please
Reply me fast

harjitdhir

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hello sir I’m Harjinder singh from india
My test date -7th june
My result -L6 s-6.5 R -6.5 w-5.5
Should i apply for re-marks in writing please
Reply me fast
Depends on how confident you are about your writing. If you think you did better than 5.5 then sure, go ahead give it a shot. And if it's BC, I suggest you take another test while you wait for EOR result. Because BC takes atleast 2 months for EOR process.
Hope you'll make the right choice.
Good luck.

Reactions: R.Zoheb

harjinder461

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Depends on how confident you are about your writing. If you think you did better than 5.5 then sure, go ahead give it a shot. And if it's BC, I suggest you take another test while you wait for EOR result. Because BC takes atleast 2 months for EOR process.
Hope you'll make the right choice.
Good luck.
Its was IDP actually i got 5.5 in writing but sometime i got 6 in writing in mock test ....
But i am thinking that i would not get same score as i get . So what do u think? And can i apply today

harjitdhir

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
S
Its was IDP actually i got 5.5 in writing but sometime i got 6 in writing in mock test ....
But i am thinking that i would not get same score as i get . So what do u think? And can i apply today
Sure, there's no harm in taking the risk, except the money.
IDP is fast. So, if you feel like it then go ahead with it.
Meanwhile start preparing for another exam cause you never know.