+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Riddhi27

Nov 6, 2020
Hello All,
I hope someone from this thread can help me out. I have given IELTS General CD from British Counsil - Ottawa Center. They hold my result for quality check.
Exam date: 3rd December
Result date: 30th December
My result is L/R/S/W : 9/7.5/6.5/6.5
I was expecting writing and speaking Band 7 and I have given IELTS before too in which I scored L/R/S/W: 7.5/8/7/7.
Is it good idea to apply for a reevaluation?

Rav217

Jan 29, 2021
Guys,

I gave my CD IELTS on the 23rd Jan, 2021.
My results came as LRWS - 8 8.5 6.5 8

However, I did quite well in the test and covered all writing criteria.

But I am hesitant to apply for revaluation since I see a very low success rate. Can someone who has got a positive outcome after revaluation share your experience on your writing and how sure were you about the EOR?

Thanks

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Guys,

I gave my CD IELTS on the 23rd Jan, 2021.
My results came as LRWS - 8 8.5 6.5 8

However, I did quite well in the test and covered all writing criteria.

But I am hesitant to apply for revaluation since I see a very low success rate. Can someone who has got a positive outcome after revaluation share your experience on your writing and how sure were you about the EOR?

Thanks
If you feel you did really well then probably you should go for it. Having 8 bands in rest of the modules and 6.5 in writing definitely looks fishy. However, it's all on the examiner. I had applied for EOR on 15th jan but no results so far.

Rav217

Jan 29, 2021
If you feel you did really well then probably you should go for it. Having 8 bands in rest of the modules and 6.5 in writing definitely looks fishy. However, it's all on the examiner. I had applied for EOR on 15th jan but no results so far.
Great! let me know when you get your result :) good luck!

Rav217

Jan 29, 2021
Below is the essay I got for the test but I could not recreate the exact essay I wrote. However, I wrote a pretty similar one with the information I remember from the test.

Q: Some people believe that government is responsible for disadvantaged people like jobless and homeless. do you agree or disagree?
A:
Some would argue that government authorities are entirely reasonable for unemployed and homeless people. I completely agree with this statement because the cabinet’s policies and plans are sometimes not thoughtful which affects people’s lives. Also, if the tax money had been used in a beneficial way, there would not be unemployment and people without a home.

To begin with, plans and policies passed by ministries are often not quite thoughtful as it has a significant effect on public. These laws affect the livelihood of common working-class individuals, especially the ones working labour jobs, through increased goods prices and unexpected changes that could alter daily routines. Although it affects educated skilled workers, they are not tremendously affected compared to the people doing blue-collar jobs. For example, the Indian government banned the usage of 500 and 1000 rupee notes a few years ago which resulted in a lot of people losing their jobs and some of them could not afford to pay home rents, and eventually had to vacate their rented places.

Furthermore, a government has sufficient funds to help the needy through the acquired tax money from their citizens. Therefore, they should consider the welfare of their society and individuals by helping such poor people. However, this is sometimes not the case in some countries as the tax money is not used for society’s benefits but to build tourist attractions. For instance, in Australia, they have a scheme called ‘Center Link’ through which these disadvantaged people are given money for their survival. Such a scheme can be extremely helpful for these people but why would some governments do not take such responsibilities?

In conclusion, I think authorities should take responsibility for helping people without jobs and homes as they were pushed to such states due to the implementation of bad regulations and decisions. Moreover, governments have sufficient funds required to improve the life of the needy.

* Please feel free to tell me your thought about the essay and should I go for revaluation with such an essay.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Below is the essay I got for the test but I could not recreate the exact essay I wrote. However, I wrote a pretty similar one with the information I remember from the test.

Q: Some people believe that government is responsible for disadvantaged people like jobless and homeless. do you agree or disagree?
A:
Some would argue that government authorities are entirely reasonable for unemployed and homeless people. I completely agree with this statement because the cabinet’s policies and plans are sometimes not thoughtful which affects people’s lives. Also, if the tax money had been used in a beneficial way, there would not be unemployment and people without a home.

To begin with, plans and policies passed by ministries are often not quite thoughtful as it has a significant effect on public. These laws affect the livelihood of common working-class individuals, especially the ones working labour jobs, through increased goods prices and unexpected changes that could alter daily routines. Although it affects educated skilled workers, they are not tremendously affected compared to the people doing blue-collar jobs. For example, the Indian government banned the usage of 500 and 1000 rupee notes a few years ago which resulted in a lot of people losing their jobs and some of them could not afford to pay home rents, and eventually had to vacate their rented places.

Furthermore, a government has sufficient funds to help the needy through the acquired tax money from their citizens. Therefore, they should consider the welfare of their society and individuals by helping such poor people. However, this is sometimes not the case in some countries as the tax money is not used for society’s benefits but to build tourist attractions. For instance, in Australia, they have a scheme called ‘Center Link’ through which these disadvantaged people are given money for their survival. Such a scheme can be extremely helpful for these people but why would some governments do not take such responsibilities?

In conclusion, I think authorities should take responsibility for helping people without jobs and homes as they were pushed to such states due to the implementation of bad regulations and decisions. Moreover, governments have sufficient funds required to improve the life of the needy.

* Please feel free to tell me your thought about the essay and should I go for revaluation with such an essay.
Looks pretty decent to me. Something like I would write more or less the same. Anyways, my status is changed to "Successful/Score changed". However, I cant view the results anywhere on the website like in which module the score increased.

Reactions: Rav217

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Got my EOR result today via parcel.

Exam date: 9th Jan 2021
L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/6.5/7.5

Got result via sms on 13th Jan
Got TRF on 15th Jan and applied EOR for all the 4 modules on the same day.

Status change to "Successful/Score change" on 29th Jan
Got TRF via parcel on 1st Feb (I dont know why didnt they provide eTRF)

L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/7/7.5

Applied for EE on the same day.

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Got my EOR result today via parcel.

Exam date: 9th Jan 2021
L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/6.5/7.5

Got result via sms on 13th Jan
Got TRF on 15th Jan and applied EOR for all the 4 modules on the same day.

Status change to "Successful/Score change" on 29th Jan
Got TRF via parcel on 1st Feb (I dont know why didnt they provide eTRF)

L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/7/7.5

Applied for EE on the same day.
Recieved refund on 4th Feb automatically

kkbca

Feb 5, 2021
It's been a month I can't believe I'm still not hearing back from them :(
how is it only taking everyone here only 1-2weeks

took exam (CD GT) on 2021/1/3
received result on 2021/1/7
Filed EoR on the same day for R&W
L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/6.5/8

my credit card was charged on 21/1/15

sharansingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
It's been a month I can't believe I'm still not hearing back from them :(
how is it only taking everyone here only 1-2weeks

took exam (CD GT) on 2021/1/3
received result on 2021/1/7
Filed EoR on the same day for R&W
L/R/W/S: 8.5/7/6.5/8

my credit card was charged on 21/1/15
They dont communicate to you in anyway. You have to check the status in your candidate portal on their website.

kkbca

Feb 5, 2021
They dont communicate to you in anyway. You have to check the status in your candidate portal on their website.
Finally got notified by email:
Please note that your IELTS score(s) is/are unchanged.

:( bet they didn't appreciate my American english writing style.
I think how the EoR result is communicated to candidates depends on the local center. I went with BC in Hong Kong.